Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 15:24   #46
Senior - BHPian

Nice!!
Keep the reports coming!
I assume there were no political rallies this time?

I remember taking this snap on the way back when we had plenty of time (from the previous Yelagiri drive)

Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-yelagiri.jpg
Old 8th December 2008, 15:45   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
i Have updated both of the cars sorry zero critical and @ri
You missed me too!! Pulsar . Dont know if my bike is there in any of the pics. No time to go through it in detail

The ride up the mountain was phenomenal on the bike. One of the best bike rides ever. Krish was leading me and we were leaning in deep on each and every corner. Touching 90-100 between corners. Brilliant fun!!

Last edited by Nikhilb2008 : 8th December 2008 at 15:48.
Old 8th December 2008, 15:53   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
... Well, he was with me + few others doing a recee for a new OTR trail around 'Savan durga' :-) ...
So is the photographer developing those pics now?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
... www.dhakkamaaro.car . This is what happens to maadified gaadi ...
If I am not wrong, that's Satya's gaadi right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
that dude is iceman or amit to others but SIR to you
I think last week I saw your vehicle dude. Isn't it a baleno with ICEMAN written on your rear number plate?
I saw your car on 100ft Road Indiranagar!
Old 8th December 2008, 15:56   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
You missed me too!! Pulsar . Dont know if my bike is there in any of the pics. No time to go through it in detail

The ride up the mountain was phenomenal on the bike. One of the best bike rides ever. Krish was leading me and we were leaning in deep on each and every corner. Touching 90-100 between corners. Brilliant fun!!
Sorry Nikhil i realized right in my first attachment that i don't have your number plate photo; next time error wont repeat
Old 8th December 2008, 16:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iswear View Post
So is the photographer developing those pics now?!!
No. I did not took my camera yest in the hurry.

We did took some pics, not sure if there is gonna be a sep thread for that though. May be once we do the actual OTR, it may pop up...
Old 8th December 2008, 16:09   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
Managed to organize few of the pics in Chronogical order right from the first meet-up location @ Dakshin Honda to the final destination!

Picasa Web Albums - @ri - YelagiriDrive...

A total distance of about 157 kms with speeds maxxing @ 150 for me! It was a drive worth every bit. Personally I loved the drive on the ghat stretch
Hi Ri - nice pics, but it seems the download option is disabled, so can't download the pics at full resolution - can you enable downloads
Old 8th December 2008, 16:18   #52
@ri
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Hi Ri - nice pics, but it seems the download option is disabled, so can't download the pics at full resolution - can you enable downloads
There you go Jassi! Downloads enabled

Have fun
~Arijeet
Old 8th December 2008, 16:19   #53
BHPian

first of all , thanx to rahul and the whole team,(quiet an effort arranging the food/booze/place and everything)

this was my first tean bhp meet and sure was very memorable.

i was pleasantly( and also unpleasantly) surprised , din imagine slightly modded hyundai elantras were this fast, both the red elantras would take off first from every stop and i had to play catch up all day , given the road conditons and traffic passing brrajs elantra was almost out of the question,

the ghat section on the way up to yelagiri was awesome , we were in a convoy (of 6-7 cars), even though the road surface on the ghats was very good , din get get to drive fast since i was 4th -5 th in the convoy, and i din wanna annoy anyone trying to pass them in the ghats,

after the beers and the food ,i guess every one eased off on the way back and so did i .

the bottom line: realised i shouldn keep the RS in stock condition , should go in for atleast the first stage ecm remap.

ps ,hey shreeraj ,, the number plate collage is neat !!
Old 8th December 2008, 17:07   #54
Senior - BHPian

What A Meet!!!

Well guys it was an exhausting day yesterday..especially for me.

Saturday evening I get a call from Rudra, confirming that he too is in and he advices me against having a late night. I totally agree and assure him that it is going to be a quiet night.
Fate did not let me go home. Walked in at 5am after a nice call to vikram at 4.45am, he is still fuming about it. Did not get any shuteye and am late to meet Rudra with Akeel who joined me. He drives as I am in no state to drive.
Reach Ruidra's place park my car and get comfy in the optra till dakshin Honda, everything is too bright and noisy.
Meet the other poor souls who had to rise early on this beautiful day, from here I sit with Vikram and pretty soon am in la la land. Next thing I know we are at A2B, too many people cannot even make out who is a tbhpian or a regular customer. That is not gonna stop me, smile make conversatiomn with anyone and everyone, get some free juices for my poor dehydrated body.
Than pulled Akshay's leg for a bit and the poor guy left the meet giving some sad excuse about meeting GF.
Had to attend some class by Prof. Rahul(waiter1885) and finally left from there towards elagiri(yelagiri) had some more pit stops on the way, enjoyed the swift, it is FAAAAST and then drove Viddy's lancer for a bit too.
Then at the top of the mountain I took over th SX4 and flew around with it, the thing is quick (memo, time to get new suspension and tires buddy) scary at times due to its GC.
FINALLY we reached Landmark hotel and realise that there is no alcohol!! I did not bring my car so the usual stash too was missing. Luckily, Kartik had the foresifght and had gotten 2 cases of beer which was warm. This had like a raffle draw but we managed to get some to parch our throats.
Way too many peolpe, did not get the chance to meet all but did meet a few.
Rahul missed out on the intro bit as he was being harassed by everyone to get better service. poor fellow started hallucinating and dint even know where his camera was.
Moved to lunch, good food but bad management.
Took the customary photos and began the drive back. This time I was wide awake and took over the Swift, Vikram and me in the Swift, Akeel and Rudra in the Optra, Satya in the ezen and Viddy in his lancer. Never knew when the ghats began and when they finished. All I can say Vikram is,ITS IMPRESSIVE.
Then I shifted at the first toll to Rudra's car as Akeel wanted to sit in the swift. I was dozing off but Rudra decided that it was apt for me to drive as at least then I would not snore. Drove back to his house amidst crazy sunday traffic fro some well deserved scotch.
Retired home early and slept till today morning like a log.

All in all good trip and had a blast.
p.s. Akshay is the Auto ready???
Old 8th December 2008, 17:22   #55
Senior - BHPian

My tiny report,
After waiting for nearly 20 minutes for Tarul and a friend we managed to reach dakshin honda at 645 and I was suprised to see that everyone was already there!!
After waiting for vikram to come,we left Vikram,memo,Rudra sir,Vid and myself.There was an annoying fan belt sound from my car which became louder(as vid mentioned) when out expert mechanic told me to give it a smooth rev till the redline for it to disappear!

After than all was well,visibility was poor till the highway after which it was a really smooth drive till a2b.

My car was a big big dissapointment though.First Satya had cleaned my k&n the previous night which he had conveniently forgot to bring,making the car a LOT slower.

Then ,the suspension which had been recently overhauled was hopeless.I invested a lot on the AD07 Neovas and the the was the suspension let me down was really awfull.The car was bouncing all over the place,no feedback from the steering,it was swaying at everycorner.And all this at speeds of 120.
On the last yelagiri trip,I averaged 160 on every corner topping out at 200+ on a baleno with stock suspension and Yoko es100s.

After that,breakfast was really good at a2b,lotsa laughs whe v1p3r made Tarul go up to vidyuth and say,'"Sir your a distinguished bhpian?Do you have any tips for me?"Hillarious!
Amit pulling v1p3rs leg was really funny too except that not many know what was going on.

After that the gang left,practially everyones car had some fancy exhaust.Sweet sounding cars but unfortunately i had to turn back as I had a 10 AM deadline to meet and the car wasnt worth driving at all with the state of he suspension.

Hope to see you all next time,with introductions of course

Kudos to Mcstumpy1885 for organising this drive/breakfast/meet/lunch so amazingly well.IF anyones reading this,he really should get a d-bhpian status!!
Old 8th December 2008, 17:28   #56
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
.... din imagine slightly modded hyundai elantras were this fast ...

the bottom line: realised i shouldn keep the RS in stock condition , should go in for atleast the first stage ecm remap....
Yes. those elantra's are insanely fast.

Sid, what about the Gypsy? any plans for mods there

Cheers,
Old 8th December 2008, 17:31   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ri View Post
There you go Jassi! Downloads enabled

Have fun
~Arijeet
thanks got em all !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
Kudos to Mcstumpy1885 for organising this drive/breakfast/meet/lunch so amazingly well.IF anyones reading this,he really should get a d-bhpian status!!
I completely agree!!

Last edited by jassi : 8th December 2008 at 17:38.
Old 8th December 2008, 17:53   #58
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
Sid, what about the Gypsy? any plans for mods there
I think he should get a mini freezer in the back permanently

Sorry I couldn't make this drive - it was my mother's birthday and I had promised to be at her beck and call at least until post lunch (which ultimately turned out to be 4 pm).
Old 8th December 2008, 17:55   #59
BHPian

hmmm shahnavaz lemme think abt that , i can give ur gypsy king some serious competetion ,lol ,,,, just kiddin , no plans on modding my gypsy ,, kept it stock for way too long ( since it was bought in 1989),,, but RS definitely needs it .
Old 8th December 2008, 17:59   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
...but Rudra decided that it was apt for me to drive as at least then I would not snore. ...
Good reason to sit behind the wheel

Did you felt that you missed your mrs. 91 Baleno?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed