Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 18:07   #61
Senior - BHPian

I dint miss her in the start cos I was too sleepy but once we hit the GQ I saw the cars flying by and missed her then again at the ghats hence the drive down I made sure i drove the other suzuki, vikram's. It showed me a good time though. Next one definitely bring my car.
It is just taht for these long drives too manby cars and too few drivers makes it boring. There was no way I would hve done this entire trip alone. So now that Vikram has gotten his turn next is mine
Old 8th December 2008, 18:41   #62
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
Shaadi.com special.

A shaadi.com TBHP special.

Viddy gives a pose, a shaadi.com pose for the women in Amsterdam only.
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1926.jpg

HKS man: Smoking ordinary cars with their modded ones isn't their only motive.
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1924.jpg

karthikkumar. Jay you were supposed to get his whole face.
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1935.jpg

dubarashaadikaroonga.com. Check out my cat eyes says Vikram.
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1927.jpg

Akeel, the chick that iceman91 promised to bring to the meet . Just kidding akeel.
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1876.jpg

Mr. Camerashy, the one and only memo45_m.
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_19251.jpg

In case you all were wondering whom were they posing for? Here...

TBHP's most eligible bachelor. As Vikram says "Single and ready to mingle" .
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1918.jpg

PS: Amit must be disappointed that his favourite friend v1p3r didn't send his portfolio with his prints on it.
Old 8th December 2008, 18:59   #63
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iswear View Post
If I am not wrong, that's Satya's gaadi right?
It is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The ride up the mountain was phenomenal on the bike. One of the best bike rides ever. Krish was leading me and we were leaning in deep on each and every corner. Touching 90-100 between corners. Brilliant fun!!
I was looking forward to riding Tarul's R15 in the ghats. Too bad he couldn't make it. Tarul, thats a brilliant bike you got there, we should meet up and ride upto Nandi Hills soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
Rahul

It will be a good idea at least to introduce the senior members. Generally those who already know each other tends to sit in groups and socialize. I had no clue who is who till the end of the meet except for you.
When you post the group pics, please name the members so that others could recognize them.
I initially thought of asking all the members to come up on the stage and introduce themselves. I has asked the hotel guys to get the mic ready too but most members thought it was too lame. I think this is the first time this has happened too in my experience. When I went down to the kitchen to see if things were in place I assumed everyone would start the intro session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
i was pleasantly( and also unpleasantly) surprised , din imagine slightly modded hyundai elantras were this fast, both the red elantras would take off first from every stop and i had to play catch up all day , given the road conditons and traffic passing brrajs elantra was almost out of the question,

the bottom line: realised i shouldn keep the RS in stock condition , should go in for atleast the first stage ecm remap.
That RS was fun to watch and quick. Siddartha, you should join us for the drives we do every weekend. It was nice to see some quick driving from you to give company to those elantra's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
FINALLY we reached Landmark hotel and realise that there is no alcohol!! I did not bring my car so the usual stash too was missing. Luckily, Kartik had the foresifght and had gotten 2 cases of beer which was warm.

Rahul missed out on the intro bit as he was being harassed by everyone to get better service. poor fellow started hallucinating and dint even know where his camera was.
Oy! The manager called me the previous evening saying they had no stock of beer except for KF super strong anywhere around Yelagiri for a few days now. Since I was out with family and coulnd't get out, I called up Karthik and asked him to pick up a few beers the previous night.

I wasn't hallucinating. I know I lost my specs at the last drive we had to Tumkur but I ain't that blind. These guys hid my camera and started playing pranks. Got all worried because I have been losing too many things in the last couple of months. I knew someone was at it, so left to organize other stuff, by the time I got back there it was lying on the table and all these guys asking me if that was my camera and that it had been there forever now.

Quote:
Next one definitely bring my car.
Hopefully, I shall be able to bring my car too. Missed it a lot on the drive. Brought back memories of our first drive to Yelagiri.
Old 8th December 2008, 20:11   #64
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : SMS / Slang language is not the preferred mode of communication on Team-BHP. We would much appreciate if you type your post out in clear and concise english for the benefit of other community members. Please use proper punctuation for better readability.

Thanks!

mr SIMPLE MAN, as long u supply the beer , i don mind fixing the mini fridge in the gypsy ,lol,,, what say?

hey rahul ,, thanx man ,, id love to join u guys more often ,, pls keep me informed,

Last edited by aah78 : 9th December 2008 at 00:13. Reason: Posts merged. See note.
Old 8th December 2008, 23:29   #65
BHPian

I was looking forward to riding Tarul's R15 in the ghats. Too bad he couldn't make it. Tarul, thats a brilliant bike you got there, we should meet up and ride upto Nandi Hills soon.

Anytime Rahul,I go to Nandi on most sundays.
Old 8th December 2008, 23:33   #66
BHPian

WOW, look at all those pics & drive reports, excellent guys. The number plate collage is looking really great. 80+ members is a good turnout.

CHEERS,
G D
Old 9th December 2008, 00:52   #67
BANNED

The brew that kept them all alive.
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1936.jpg

The look!
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1933.jpg

Meet the most famous jodi on the forum.
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1945.jpg

The most popular bazooka on the forum.
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-img_1946.jpg

The result.
Bangalore TBHP Yelagiri drive report: A record turnout and the sound of revving cars!-groupce1.jpg
Sitting L-R: Rudra, tadu's son, tadu, siddartha's friend (behind tadu),supersom, swift8847 (one with the goggles), xxxx, javed (green shirt), cmiuc (behind javed), memo, jay, xxx (grey & red t), yours truely, vikram, xxxx (the lady), vid6639, xxx, xxxx.
Standing L-R: siddartha, xxxx, vinayind, karthik, karthik's friend, karthikkumar (black t), xx, xx (cant figure out the two behind karthik), iceman91, akeel (between Amit & Satya),blueraven316, brraj, nikhilb2008(behind raj), krish3, xxx, xxx (behind krish), jassi, xxx, xxx, xxx, jedi.knight's wife, jedi.knight, jedi's daughter, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, vj along with is better half.

Guys, I can't seem to recollect the names of those marked xxx. Kindly help me fill up the x's. Thanks.
Old 9th December 2008, 02:22   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
that dude is iceman or amit to others but SIR to you
Accha sirji! Real salutation to you will be given tomorrow on the phone! Unfortunately, can't post it here!!

Quote:
p.s. Akshay is the Auto ready???
The MIVEC one??
Old 9th December 2008, 04:33   #69
BHPian

No words to describe Rahul's commitment, efficiency and meticulous attention to detail... Captain, you simply ROCK!

Three cheers for you.
Old 9th December 2008, 07:58   #70
BHPian

Drive Video

Yelagiri-High.mov

And thanks to Pavan/Memo in the Turbo SX4 and Siddartha in the vRS for making the video interesting.

Again, the audio had to be muted out by Judas Priest, too many "encouraging" remarks about other cars. If any escaped despite the loud admonitions of Judas Priest, my apologies.
Old 9th December 2008, 10:23   #71
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadukuttan View Post
And thanks to Pavan/Memo in the Turbo SX4 and Siddartha in the vRS for making the video interesting.
Yes, thanks to Pavan, Memo, Siddhartha, brraj for making the drive interesting and fun. We definitely missed the likes of binz, iceman91, v1p3r, wolf who would have made it more interesting.

Quote:
too many "encouraging" remarks about other cars. If any escaped despite the loud admonitions of Judas Priest, my apologies.
Guilty as charged. My apologies as I was doing most of the talking .

Just finished watching the video, tadu thanks a ton for taking the troubles to edit and upload such large videos .
Old 9th December 2008, 10:32   #72
Senior - BHPian

of course what other auto could i be talking about
Old 9th December 2008, 10:47   #73
BHPian

NICE drive guys and good pics too sorry i couldn't make it. but i WILL next time. when is it btw rahul. lets rope in a few people and plan it out in advance. so you don't miss out on too much next time.
Old 9th December 2008, 11:04   #74
BHPian

This drive was more fun than the previous yelagiri drives because of skoda RS and turbo SX4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddartha View Post
the bottom line: realised i shouldn keep the RS in stock condition , should go in for atleast the first stage ecm remap.
I suggest you pickup RdKarthik ecu as there are many options like mileage mode, power mode and stock mode. As you told me your RS gave 5kmpl in the yelagiri drive this is the best option. Get power or mileage by just changing the modes.

Thanks rahul for organising a fun meet.
Old 9th December 2008, 11:12   #75
BANNED

Guys, in the video at 16:50 time, that was the moment i was talking about at the toll gate. I was driving at 150-160 and these 3 cars elentras and Skoda just zip passed me!!! No wonder they were @ 200+

Last edited by zerocritical : 9th December 2008 at 11:15.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks