Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2008, 12:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Rahul whats the connection here Kemmungundi and BR Hills , aint they in 2 different locations ?
Old 10th December 2008, 12:52   #17
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Rahul whats the connection here Kemmungundi and BR Hills , aint they in 2 different locations ?
Anna, K.Gudi and Kemmungundi are two different places. K.Gudi = Kyathadevara Gudi, in Chamarajanagar Dist.

Last edited by Jay : 10th December 2008 at 12:53.
Old 10th December 2008, 13:02   #18
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I'm not asking you to book the rooms dude, am asking you to find out how many are available so that members on this forum can know as to how many can be accommodated and based on that you can get quick confirmations...
Bah! Jay, kindly take some time to read my posts. I have already mentioned that there are only 4 log huts left to be grabbed at Jungle Lodges. And like I mentioned to you yesterday we might have a max of 10-12 members tagging along on first come first basis.
Old 10th December 2008, 13:15   #19
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Bah! Jay, kindly take some time to read my posts. I have already mentioned that there are only 4 log huts left to be grabbed at Jungle Lodges. And like I mentioned to you yesterday we might have a max of 10-12 members tagging along on first come first basis.
I read your post bugger hence asked you to mention how many can be accommodated as you told me a few names yesterday so thought its better for you to mention the number of people that can be further accommodated so that people can confirm based on that.
So, 4 log houses = 8 people ( in case with family )
Else 12 if only guys ???
how many confirmed yet ? how many more can be accommodated ? you get what i mean ?
Old 10th December 2008, 14:04   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anna, K.Gudi and Kemmungundi are two different places. K.Gudi = Kyathadevara Gudi, in Chamarajanagar Dist.
riju KGudi=BR Hills ( atleast thats what JLR says) and KGudi here as Jay has poinetd out is Kyathadevara Gudi and not Kemmungundi.

Incidently Kemmangundi also has a relatively unspoilt national park , by the name Muthodi Forest Reserve which is a part of the Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary. Where accomodation is available only from the forest department.

The KGudi JLR is located right in the middle of the Biligiri Ranganna Hills Wildlife Sanctuary ( BR Hills).

I am confirming 2( myself and wife) +2 ( friend and his wife ) for the trip !

This is the place which gifted me my very first Tiger Sighting ...

Rahul do let me know if you need help with the forest guest houses and also remember that the Tent accomodations are also good at this time of the year.I have stayed there on more than one occasion
Old 10th December 2008, 15:15   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Been planning this for a while now. Some of us are planning to visit BR Hills during the 2nd week of January. That is the 10th & 11th Jan 2009. All those who are interested are welcome to join us. Feel free to bring your wife/kids/parents along.
Hi Rahul

I am in for this and am confirming it. Me + 1 (my girlfriend). Let me know if you need cash etc transferred.

Also, one humble request. I am not comfortable with night driving as I have a special condition with my eyes. Nothing dangerous, but I don't generally take risk. So, if there is night driving, then someone may need to help me out!
Old 10th December 2008, 15:19   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Rahul, count me in. In all probability, I should be able to make it this time.
Old 10th December 2008, 15:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

BTW, as far as I know the FRH and the JLR are in the opposite corners of the forest. FRH, IB etc are locatednear the BR Temple and JLR on the other end. The view from the FRH at night is something to kill for. You can see the twinkling lights of the city far away and it's just awesome. We couldn't spot any animals during our visit but that's what jungles are for. Sometimes you are lucky(seen a tiger for good 2-3 minutes on the main road itself at Mudumalai) and sometime you are not.
Old 10th December 2008, 16:43   #24
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellstar View Post
riju KGudi=BR Hills ( atleast thats what JLR says) and KGudi here as Jay has poinetd out is Kyathadevara Gudi and not Kemmungundi.

This is the place which gifted me my very first Tiger Sighting ...
Well hellstar, K.Gudi is in the BR Hills range in C'Nagar Dist.
Lucky you for sighting a tiger, my parents have seen a tigress and its cubs walking on the main road few months back, i wasn't that lucky though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iswear View Post
Also, one humble request. I am not comfortable with night driving as I have a special condition with my eyes. Nothing dangerous, but I don't generally take risk. So, if there is night driving, then someone may need to help me out!
Dont worry there are many to help you out, you can hitch a ride with someone or if you dont mind someone driving your car then that can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
BTW, as far as I know the FRH and the JLR are in the opposite corners of the forest. FRH, IB etc are locatednear the BR Temple and JLR on the other end.
Well Kaushik, i guess the FRH and IB that you are talking about are the ones at BR Hills, there is a FRH and a JLR at K.Gudi too, both at the same place one next to each other.
Old 10th December 2008, 16:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Well Kaushik, i guess the FRH and IB that you are talking about are the ones at BR Hills, there is a FRH and a JLR at K.Gudi too, both at the same place one next to each other.
Oh ok. I think I misread the whole thing. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks Jay.
Old 10th December 2008, 16:55   #26
Jay
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Oh ok. I think I misread the whole thing. Sorry for the confusion. Thanks Jay.
Hey no probs my friend. BTW, you do get a very nice view from the FRH you are talking about, as well as from the temple.
Old 10th December 2008, 18:43   #27
Senior - BHPian

Also please keep in mind guys that the road from Chamrajnagar to BR Hills via JLR is closed between 6 PM to 6 AM. The other road which goes directly from BR Hills Temple to Yellandur is open during the night though.
Old 10th December 2008, 19:56   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hey no probs my friend. BTW, you do get a very nice view from the FRH you are talking about, as well as from the temple.
Yeah, both the views are great. I liked the view from FRH at night as you can see the distant twinkling lights of the nearby town(may be chamrajnagar but not sure) and it kind of have a very mysterious feeling. Enjoy the trip guys, I probably would've joined but I've some other plans lined up for those dates already :-(
Old 11th December 2008, 09:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Also please keep in mind guys that the road from Chamrajnagar to BR Hills via JLR is closed between 6 PM to 6 AM. The other road which goes directly from BR Hills Temple to Yellandur is open during the night though.
Yep , thats true but the gates also open magically on producing a couple of tenners to the gatemane , not that i encourage it though ...
Old 11th December 2008, 12:19   #30
BHPian

Mclaren, Just found out there are 3 log huts and 3 tents available at jungle lodges and I am pretty much sure they'll be booked in no time. You could call jungle lodges Bangalore and do a tentative booking and they would hold your booking i guess for 15 days till you make the payment(Not sure if they still have this facility).
Contact Numbers: 080 25597021/25/24 available on the website as well or 41122658.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks