Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2008, 10:35   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mjothi in Delhi

NCR guys, Mahesh (Mjothi) is in Delhi till this evening. He takes a flight back at 8.45pm & was wondering if any NCR TBhpian is free for a quick meet early evening.......

Unfortunately, I'm tied up till about 6.30 or so & that's too late since he would need to leave for the Airport by then. In case any of you guys are free, do PM or sms me for his number, then you can hook up with him.

Mahesh, sorry about this time mate, hope to meet up next time aroundcheers:
Old 17th December 2008, 10:39   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

He he he. For a moment I though i was looking at the 'official joke section' .

The 'title' of the thread is really hilarious suman.

This explains why he hasn't finished the Sarjapur OTR thread till now.

Cheers,
Old 17th December 2008, 12:14   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahesh, your vacation is already over? Hope the trip to Rajasthan was good. Mine is about to begin

Hope to see your travelougue sometime soon.
Old 17th December 2008, 12:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Mahesh, your vacation is already over? Hope the trip to Rajasthan was good. Mine is about to begin

Hope to see your travelougue sometime soon.
No mobike008 ! The Rajasthan trip is due to be done on road if am not wrong as he is scheduled to hit the road somewhere this weekend. I guess this is more of an official trip related to work. Man so many folks heading to Rajasthan .
Old 17th December 2008, 15:03   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
Man so many folks heading to Rajasthan .
You got me wrong, i meant my vacation is about to begin. And, i am going the hill-way ( Himachal Pradesh)
Old 17th December 2008, 15:46   #6
Senior - BHPian

Looks like a last minute alarm. Hope to meet you next time Mahesh, as i am too much tied in the evening. cheers:
Old 17th December 2008, 17:23   #7
Senior - BHPian

Ooops Mahesh, read the thread just now. Guess it is too late to make amends. Better luck to both of us next time mate..
Old 18th December 2008, 07:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Mahesh, sorry about this time mate, hope to meet up next time aroundcheers:
Thanks Suman. Sure, I will see if I could plan it well next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
This explains why he hasn't finished the Sarjapur OTR thread till now.
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thats a long story. Will update you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJ_MAVRICK View Post
No mobike008 ! The Rajasthan trip is due to be done on road if am not wrong as he is scheduled to hit the road somewhere this weekend. I guess this is more of an official trip related to work. Man so many folks heading to Rajasthan .
And you too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
Looks like a last minute alarm. Hope to meet you next time Mahesh, as i am too much tied in the evening. cheers:
Thanks, Will plan better next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Ooops Mahesh, read the thread just now. Guess it is too late to make amends. Better luck to both of us next time mate..
Thanks mate.

Btw, it was a hectic trip. I was informed about this just 9pm on monday. I book it online, and rush out to get the printouts. Tried to book Airlift and he says only coupon would do and it was almost 10pm and cant buy.

I wonder why they have a online site but accepts only visa card. So, I check with Hrag and amit and decided to drive my car and park it in long term park.

The Indigo flights are really decent. And I should appreciate that they really have a very good pilots. The touch down was so smooth.

Gone are those days where we get free inflight meals/snacks. Now, you just need to buy even water.

I reached Delhi around 9am and took pre-paid taxi. I was about to go to CGO complex. ANd man, this taxi driver is worst to the core. He sits on teh horn of the car and scares everyone on road. He enters lodhi road and says this is it. I tell him I need to go to CGO complex, he says he dont know. Jawaharlal Stadium? He says no. How the hell he is driving a Taxi without knowing this?

Then we checked with almost everyone on the road and infact my friend called and provided instruction to reach there. Still he took wrong route and then said, I need to pay extra from there. I really thouhgt he was right. Then while tracing back, we say a police walking and I asked him to stop to check with that guy the direction. Thats all, in one zoom this guy passes to the rightmost lane and drives fast. To add that he says he knows from here and takes me in 2 min.

Demends for more and my friend came there. Taxi driver shows the pre-paid taxi receipt which says Lodhi Road. Driver claims this is not Lodhi road. But the CGO complex address reads Lodhi road. Finally after a little like a fight, he leaves. Man, too bad for a city like this.

I thought atleast my return would be smoother. That was even worse. I come out of the complex and search for auto. Nothing. Just walk in a direction I came. Slowly I reached the main road near that Islamix culture center. It was 6:45pm. I call Suman for some taxi cab number. Thanks to him. I call the number and it turns out to be a different place and not for taxi booking. I wonder and see the number. In tension I have dialled correct number with wrong STD code. I put 080 as usual. Then again call the taxt and he says it will take atleast 30-45min for any taxi to be there.

So, forget it. I stand in signal and I see a taxi stop. Ask him if he is ok to come to Airport. He is fine, but needs to fill gas. Fine. We fill the gas and leave by 7:05pm. He says its just 20 minutes drive from here. Relaxed. But the way he was driving I then noticed that he is drunk . He was passing the AIIMS and after that couple of signal, there was some traffic. He immd turns left and takes RK Nagar? Says this should be easy. But stops every now and then staring at the roads. I was doubting if he was lost. Add to that he brakes so hard in each stops that the wheel locks like hell and stops with a creeech sound.

But finally at 8pm he drops me in Airport. Ah, as a first timer (visited only once before in 96) I felt it so bad. Time to plan it better next time.

Oops, did I wrote a travelogue???? Hope not. So dont ask for pics.
Old 18th December 2008, 08:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

Bad that you were not able to meet the Delhi boys! But then with a tight schedule as you had, I would have been even more surprised if you did have even a micro-mini meet!

And yes, a nice travelogue.

And here is the regular question in such threads - "where are the pictures"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
...Oops, did I wrote a travelogue???? Hope not. So dont ask for pics.
Dam! He covered both of my queries!
Old 18th December 2008, 10:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Oh.. that was a bad one, but good to see all went fine. I would suggest to rely on Meru Cabs in such panic situations, you can call them and fix up the appointment before you leave (Meru Cabs Ph-011-44224422, for future reference). They are pretty decent then those road side taxi stands.

Quote:
ANd man, this taxi driver is worst to the core. He sits on teh horn of the car and scares everyone on road. He enters lodhi road and says this is it.
Welcome to New Delhi
Old 18th December 2008, 10:51   #11
Senior - BHPian

Yeah...It was indeed a travelogue. Now can we demand pics of the same pls...;-)
Old 18th December 2008, 11:12   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh.. that was a bad one, but good to see all went fine. I would suggest to rely on Meru Cabs in such panic situations, you can call them and fix up the appointment before you leave (Meru Cabs Ph-011-44224422, for future reference). They are pretty decent then those road side taxi stands.

Welcome to New Delhi
Thanks for the number. Actually i did not have time to fix appointment :( thats where the whole thing got screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
Yeah...It was indeed a travelogue. Now can we demand pics of the same pls...;-)
Unfortunately, No.
Old 18th December 2008, 11:16   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He had no choice actually. He was too late for a Radio Cab - he spoke to 41414141, they said 40-45 minutes; it was 6.30-6.45 in the evening so all would have said the same thing. I was on Mathura Road & would have taken at least 30-45 minutes to get to Lodhi Road as well in that traffic.

That's why I told him to look for a Black & Yellow. The only good thing was he negotiated a fixed fare of 200/= from Lodhi Road (pretty good I thought), else he would have been ripped off on the meter as well.
Old 18th December 2008, 11:18   #14
BANNED

Nice pics. Keep them coming.

Keep all these Meru / Easy cab numbers handy - the advantage is that they have the same number in all cities. As you discovered (just as all of us do once in a while), the STD code varies.

(All the pics are on the extreme left of this page )
Old 18th December 2008, 12:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrag View Post
Nice pics. Keep them coming.

Keep all these Meru / Easy cab numbers handy - the advantage is that they have the same number in all cities. As you discovered (just as all of us do once in a while), the STD code varies.

(All the pics are on the extreme left of this page )
Vara vara, unga attuleyam dasthi agite podhu!!!! Sorry guys, cant control

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
That's why I told him to look for a Black & Yellow. The only good thing was he negotiated a fixed fare of 200/= from Lodhi Road (pretty good I thought), else he would have been ripped off on the meter as well.
Yes. The pre-paid taxi charges from Airport to this place was 175rs. So, I negotiated for 200rs. but at the end gave him 20rs more since I was too happy to reach there before 8pm.

One more thing I noticed is, Muje bhi hindi mallum hai!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks