Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2009, 07:08   #46
BHPian

I am coming from middletown CT. So like you said, it will be better for me to meet you guys outside NY may be at white plains and drive along. I am ok with the plan.
Old 20th March 2009, 08:33   #47
BHPian

Err, any chance we can get directions for a GPS too? I'm really bad with navigation.
Old 20th March 2009, 19:04   #48
BHPian

RE: Plan B

I think Taconic is a good idea.

One is that it wont be crowded and the second is that it will be kind of central location for CT and NJ and NY.

I think we should plan to meet around white plains some where and take it from there. The Westchester County Center might be a good place, there is huge parking lot next to it and it is right off I-287 or Bronx parkway.
Old 21st March 2009, 00:42   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailee_Jatt_Boy View Post
The Westchester County Center
Sounds good but regarding parking - don't you require permit parking there?
Could you PM me your number so we could co-ordinate? The others have already done so.

We'll be starting from NYC around 9am but I have a slight detour to make around Ossining, so we'll meet you around the parking lot at 10.15am.

Is that fine with everybody?

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyamenon View Post
Err, any chance we can get directions for a GPS too? I'm really bad with navigation.
You can tag along / behind with abhijitaparadh and me from Manhattan.

Else you can get the address & directions here -> Directions

Whoever wants to start from Manhattan can meet us at 9am on Madison Avenue & 32nd Street. This place is a 5 minute walk from the Empire State Building and in case you reach early you can find free parking on 31st, 32nd & 33rd Streets.

If you have any queries feel free to call me any time. I'll be calling all of you who've sent me your telephone numbers today evening to coordinate.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st March 2009 at 01:22. Reason: Added.
Old 21st March 2009, 01:27   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post

Whoever wants to start from Manhattan can meet us at 9am on Madison Avenue & 32nd Street. This place is a 5 minute walk from the Empire State Building and in case you reach early you can find free parking on 31st, 32nd & 33rd Streets.
Gaah! I came in late! I am just another guy without a car. But a T-Bhpian nonetheless!! Hey, I just came in here!

I am from Newport, NJ and would be taking a train to manhattan. Any specific location there? 33rd street is where the PATH takes me in NY. I'll do my googleworks to reach further at your predecided point.

And anyone else coming in from NJ? who can join me in between from any of the PATH stations? Hoboken/Newport/Christopher ?

really hope no one would mind me tagging along in the drive!
Old 21st March 2009, 01:37   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
I am from Newport, NJ and would be taking a train to manhattan. Any specific location there? 33rd street is where the PATH takes me in NY. I'll do my googleworks to reach further at your predecided point.
When you get out of the PATH station on 33rd Street walk towards 5th Avenue.
Cross 5th Avenue. Keep walking and you'll reach Madison Avenue.
I'll meet you on the corner of 32nd Street.

You're welcome to join in. I have place for one more in my car.

Else try and get in touch with one of the other members in NJ. I think BlackPearl and satyamenon are there.

I might have to drop my wife off at the in-law's before we start, so we're going to have to go a little North and drive back before we meet the others in White Plains.

Last edited by aah78 : 21st March 2009 at 01:43.
Old 21st March 2009, 02:11   #52
BHPian

All, I am sorry, its been a very stressful week and I've not had a chance to come on here. but its been on in the back of my mind. I did research with some motorcycle and sports car club buddies of mine and got some route recommendations. THe route I suggest is below, and is about a 5 hour drive. If you guys are OK with it, I am happy to lead. If you want to stick to the route already chosen, thats perfectly fine and we can keep my route for another day.

The route I suggest:
  • We go North out of the city on I-678/Hutchinson River Parkway to the CT stateline.
  • There it turns into the Merritt Parkway, which is a lovely drive. We go upto Norwalk
  • For there we take Route 53 to Danbury, this about 24 miles of sweeping twisty tarmac.
  • From there we take Route 37, which is about 18 miles of twisty road, passing through lake country, till it reaches Route 7/Route 202.
  • From there we pass through the town of New Milford on Route 109, to Reynolds Bridge, This is another 20 miles of twisting road that has a lot of elevation changes
  • THen we turn around and head back all the way to Norwalk for another 60+ miles of twisty sweeping tarmac and then back to NYC along the Merrit and Hutchinson parkways.
If you guys want to do this, we can meet up in whatever place you have chosen (I have not had a chance to catch up on the thread), or we can meet at my place in Queens, as you prefer, and then head out.

If you decide not to do this, I'll go along with whatever has been selected.

I will send out a conference call number via the PM for 9PM today. Please attend the call if you can. This will help us talk to each other and get all questions and concerns sorted out.

Please look for a PM from me.
Old 21st March 2009, 02:17   #53
BHPian

Hey Sids, you're welcome to hitch a ride with me. Whereabouts in Newport are you? I stay very close to the Newport Mall (next to BJs), and can pick you up if you like. I'm planning to leave home around 8:30 am. Will pm you my number. Give me a buzz whenever you're free...

@aah78: I think I might drive up and meet you guys at the WestChester County Center.

Hmm. Time to start putting together some driving music. All my cds are back home in India. :(
Old 21st March 2009, 02:18   #54
Team-BHP Support

B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
I will send out a conference call number via the PM for 9PM today. Please attend the call if you can. This will help us talk to each other and get all questions and concerns sorted out.

Please look for a PM from me.
Plan looks good to me.
Sure, the route selected by me was a last minute plan in case you hadn't come up with something.

We might have to adjust our meeting spots a bit.

I'll be driving this evening so I won't get a PM till later at night - If you can add me to the conference call somehow, that'll be great.
Old 21st March 2009, 02:19   #55
BHPian

Hey Harbir, that's a brilliant route man... I've used Merrit Parkway quite often when I drive up to NH. Especially late night (1:00 am), it's an awesome drive.

I'm ok with either route. Harbir's route, though, is bit longer I think. And for the folks looking to make it back early, it might be a bit tough.
Old 21st March 2009, 02:20   #56
BHPian

People who were on aah78's PM should have received PMs from me with a conference call number. Except blackpearl whose PM box is full. If you clear out your box and let me know by PM, I'll send you the number as well.

the system only set me send PMs to 3 people at the time, so I had to send the same message repeatedly to different recipients. If due to Copy/paste error on my part you got duplicates, I apologize.

Hopefully talk to you at 9PM tonight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
I'll be driving this evening so I won't get a PM till later at night - If you can add me to the conference call somehow, that'll be great.
I just sent you SMS with the conference call info.

Anybody who is attending the drive tomorrow either as a driver or rider who has not got a PM from me about the conference call but wants to attend, please PM me so I can send you the info.

Thanks!

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st March 2009 at 03:26. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the EDIT button. Thanks & enjoy your drive!
Old 21st March 2009, 02:53   #57
BHPian

Any idea by what time we will be back according to this new plan ?
Old 21st March 2009, 03:00   #58
BHPian

That depends on what time we leave. but I would not count on being gone less than 5 hours from beginning to end. unfortunately, all the best parts are at the end (rt 53, Rt 37, rt 109) so if we're going to go that far out, it only makes sense to complete the route.

I count about 1 hour or so out to Norwalk, another hour out to Reynold's Bridge of fast driving, the same to return back, plus an hour or so for any stops we make along the way. I will send out a detailed route map by images once I get home from the office.

I would advise that people who don't have unlimited time, stay with us till they can, and then they can turn back and the rest of us can keep going. Or something like that.

Lets discuss it at 9PM. it will easier then.
Old 21st March 2009, 03:42   #59
BHPian

Yeah. 5 hrs should be OK with me..I need to back in NYC by 7pm.
Old 21st March 2009, 06:09   #60
BHPian

I am planning to meet you guys at Norwalk, drive down together till where ever you guys plan to turn back and then I will continue the same route down to middletown.

and what ever happened to the thread starter ?!?

Last edited by 16v100bhp : 21st March 2009 at 06:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks