Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2009, 11:17   #16
BHPian

I'm up for the coming weekend... march 1st week..
Old 2nd March 2009, 19:08   #17
Team-BHP Support

white plains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailee_Jatt_Boy View Post
White Plains
Ok. Well, I'm in White Plains right now getting my car serviced at Westchester BMW.

Car was covered with around 8" of snow.

Had a nice drive this morning - less traffic due to all the snow.

Manhattan to White Plains actually took only 40 min compared to the usual 1-1/2 hour, and this was at 10-15 mph below the speed limit.

Today's going to be a slow day for everybody.
Old 4th March 2009, 00:19   #18
BHPian

So guys are we doing it this weekend? Due to lack of consensus on when / where I think the leadership should determine a location and date (preferably this or next weekend ) and hopefully most of us should be able to make it
Old 4th March 2009, 17:12   #19
BHPian

Where do we stand?

So, fellow BHPians where do we stand? :-)
I agree with gshanky (I am sorry dude I dont know your name), that due to many ideas the leader ship should decide a date, time and place. I am sure we all are looking forward to it.

See you all soon!

Last edited by Rehaan : 4th March 2009 at 19:36. Reason: 2 smileys max. Please read the rules.
Old 7th March 2009, 20:39   #20
BHPian

So, is anybody going to pick a date for us all to work with? We seem to have waffled on the where and when.
Old 9th March 2009, 01:45   #21
Team-BHP Support

21st / 22nd March

How about the weekend of the 21st?

If that's good for most, then let's work with that.

Anybody know a good place to meet up?

If everybody's planning on driving, then Manhattan might not be the best place - considering parking, etc.

If anybody wants to meet for a short while next weekend (Sat., 14th Mar.) thats fine with me. I'll be in Westchester then. Unfortunately next Sun (15th) won't work for me - I'll be in City Island hogging on seafood

Last edited by aah78 : 9th March 2009 at 01:46.
Old 9th March 2009, 16:36   #22
BHPian

21st sound good!

I think 21st is good. There is sufficient time to make plans or for that matter alter plans.

Manhattan might be ok considering we can park on the west side, but I am open to all places. Depends on what we are up for

If there are folks driving from deep down south Jersey Manhattan might be good but if not then if we have people from Boston (i remember some one saying something about it) we might want to move a little north into CT somewhere.
Old 10th March 2009, 01:40   #23
BHPian

21st works for me. How about we make it a drive instead of just a meet? We could pick a route that has a good mix of windy backroads, hit it early in the morning, then get back for a good lunch and drinks, and then go our separate ways?

Most of time I've joined up with car or motorcycle groups, its been for a drive/ride, followed by lunch. Sometimes we would go somewhere, eat there then head back via a different route. That works out very well.

I'll be happy to plan out a route for us. Besides, I am itching to get the Lotus out of the city (its just HORRIBLE in urban settings, especially on the ghastly New York City roads), so obviously I have an ulterior motive. Hopefully the weather will be nice and I can get the top off

PS. it may be good idea to send a PM to the original invitees because they may not be checking back on this thread given the inactivity.
Old 10th March 2009, 01:48   #24
Team-BHP Support

I am in for 21st March.
Old 10th March 2009, 03:51   #25
BHPian

Guys, sorry for the delay - got a PM from aah78, I was hoping I'll be able to make it. Am blessed with a baby girl last week, I have some doc appt coming up for next few weekends - Sorry, I'll not be able to make it. Have fun guys !
Old 10th March 2009, 04:32   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
21st works for me. How about we make it a drive instead of just a meet? We could pick a route that has a good mix of windy backroads, hit it early in the morning, then get back for a good lunch and drinks, and then go our separate ways?
I'll be happy to plan out a route for us. Besides, I am itching to get the Lotus out of the city (its just HORRIBLE in urban settings, especially on the ghastly New York City roads), so obviously I have an ulterior motive.

PS. it may be good idea to send a PM to the original invitees because they may not be checking back on this thread given the inactivity.
Great idea - a drive sounds perfect!

Go ahead with planning the route.

I'll send out another PM to the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superleggera View Post
Guys, sorry for the delay - got a PM from aah78, I was hoping I'll be able to make it. Am blessed with a baby girl last week
Congratulations! Yes, the baby's going to be taking up most of your time now - but we sure hope to see you another time.
Old 10th March 2009, 04:55   #27
BHPian

I will be keen to join, but I dont have my own car yet. Is there a passenger seat available in any cars?
Old 10th March 2009, 20:48   #28
BHPian

OK, I will chart a route.

When I have done this before, its been to find twisty back roads to drive fast on, plus the freeway drive to and from there. I presume thats what we want to do on the 21st and chart the route accordingly.

If the majority of attendees would prefer a easy cruise on scenic roads instead of a fast run on winding roads, nows the time to speak up!

Naturally, I would prefer the former, but we'll make it a majority vote.
Old 10th March 2009, 21:04   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
OK, I will chart a route.

When I have done this before, its been to find twisty back roads to drive fast on, plus the freeway drive to and from there. I presume thats what we want to do on the 21st and chart the route accordingly.

If the majority of attendees would prefer a easy cruise on scenic roads instead of a fast run on winding roads, nows the time to speak up!

Naturally, I would prefer the former, but we'll make it a majority vote.
I am in for fast run on winding roads. But I have to be careful as I already have 9 points on my DL. Do not want to add any to it and get suspended .

Last edited by BlackPearl : 10th March 2009 at 21:05.
Old 10th March 2009, 23:46   #30
BHPian

OT : How do you get to see the points on your DL in NJ ?

Most Viewed