Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2009, 12:42   #91
Senior - BHPian

Avi, please be on time...am feeling damn hungry already!! Kindly show mercy yaar!!
Old 4th March 2009, 12:52   #92
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Avi...i can check out your new mag wheels
Old 4th March 2009, 13:56   #93
Senior - BHPian

I hope you guys had a good lunch meet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
we would like to discuss on the wife(ves)) part during the meet!
I would really like to know what was discussed on this topic
Old 4th March 2009, 14:46   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

That was one awesome and almost impromptu lunch meet. The food was outright delicious and added to that we were sweating like pigs since the power was off but according to me, that added to more fun.

I loved the Achari Chicken and Egg Paranthas, and the final clincher was that mind blowing Lassi, wanted to have another glass but was afraid i may go into a coma. LOL...how did i miss this dhaba in all my stint at HC.

Loved Suren's Bobby, it surely is a stand-out and crowd puller. Nice to see Suren and Arun making it even though they live on other part of this town.

Arun, awaiting your travelogue. And, i am sure more than me, its Vnabhi who's waiting with bated breath.

Great Fun guys, thanks to Rajesh.

And, Rajesh bhai, muj par taras khao aur mare galti maaf karo

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th March 2009 at 14:50.
Old 4th March 2009, 14:47   #95
Senior - BHPian

Guys..The Hottest Lunch i ever had was at Gur Nihal Dhaba.Great turn out and some nice pleasantaries exchanged.wound up with great food and lassi and ever joy ride on Suren's Bobby.
The Show should continue on........................
Old 4th March 2009, 14:54   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
hahaha. one two ka four ,four two ka one my name is lakhan.

if you promise me a treat on friday evening then you are spared.gangmaster gogo aaya hu to kuch lekar jaonga ,mogambo ka bhatija.

now you know where the crockery in your house comes from.lol.

suren sir's bobby was ,infact many people from within came out leaving their food to see it isnt it.

great to see you guys yaar.we guys sure rock no doubt.
Old 4th March 2009, 15:09   #97
BHPian

Wow a lovely afternoon indeed made possible due to great food and lovely friends. Thanks guys and glad you liked the Bobby.

EDIT: Guys, would you believe it, got a call from my elder son whose school is in Jubilee hills, he has missed the school bus and I have to go to JH to pick him up. Am leaving my office in Minerva complex, S.D.Road, Sec, now. I get to ride the Bobby for a good distance again :-).

Last edited by suren181 : 4th March 2009 at 15:18.
Old 4th March 2009, 15:13   #98
Senior - BHPian

How about watching Dhoondte Reh Jayoge on Friday?
Old 4th March 2009, 15:27   #99
Senior - BHPian

Hum Tum... Ek dhabe ke kamre mein band ho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I was wondering what galti you had made and now I remember! True 'Homely' experience.

Another typical Hyderabadi Lunch Meet:
(I am skipping some of the adjectives here!)

Started with some initial confusions on who is picking up who (or whom). English grammar forgotten after the heavy lunch!
Finally, we manage to land up at the dhaba at 1:15 as per our (Avi's) standards of arriving late! Thanks to Rajesh & getsurya for reaching the venue on time and blocking a table for 8. (isn't this the first time, there was a table booking at the Dhaba?)

We are in for a pleasant surprise as Suren lands up on his 'Bobby' and two more members turn up at the venue - Theodore & Naveen. The more the merrier!

Egg Parathas, Phulkas, Achari Chicken, Chicken Butter Masala, Crispy Papads with Pudina Chutney, Curd & Lassis
were on the table for mere seconds as we were hogging them down real fast, taking time to mouth the words, "Keep them coming".

This time, I had more people to accompany me, thanks to APCPDCL (Hope I got it right!) there was no power and we were literally melting in the heat! some of us had to run back to our cars to fetch towels to wipe off the sweat as the hand-kerchiefs were useless! One line I would like to quote from Hillram - "People in the office will be thinking, this fellow has gone out in the noon and coming back all exhausted and sweating... what has he been up to for the past 2 hours?" LOL.

To add up to this, the cars parked outside had become ovens to fry humans! whew... I hate summer!

Some of the folks were discussing among themselves- "Why are these cars having team-bhp stickers? What is this? Some kind of community? - Got this info from suren when we were outside to get some agarbathies!

After the food, we had a photo-session & test ride on the 'Bobby'. Bas ek Dimple kapadia ki zaroorat thi!

Photos will be uploaded later when I reach home! Now, I have a one hour meeting to sleep over the heavy lunch!

Ciao, tata, sayonara... until Friday!
Old 4th March 2009, 15:30   #100
BHPian

I always offered my condolences whilst sipping on mocktails to the Hyderabad junta cause when it came to living in the twin cities, they paid premiums for practically everything in life.Alas, this ritual of mine is no more.

Rajesh, kudos to choosing the Dhaba and making the impromptu meet more memorable than many!!!. the food was lovely , the ambience was perfect to savour spicy food.The amazement of sitting in an asbestoes shack within the heart of Hi-tech city purely blew me away.

I was quiet at most times whilst licking my fingers, i was actually in deep thought in similar concepts of the lower class doing what they do best yet being able to cater to the working class.I thank you for opening my eyes on something old yet can be made to look new.Thoughts are a bit jumbled , but you guys will know soon on what i mean, trust me :-).

about my travelogue : Wasn't as troublesom as first thought, the pity was Rajesh pointed out a few girls in the shack but i had my back faced to them - this surely aint my best angle , lol .. not that any of my angles are pleasant, but come Ganesh puja and i'm in demand for modelling contracts. the route was free so as to speak, i was the only nut driving in the heat just to have some grub!Before i forget, the sun shades being offered at traffic signals :
At Sangeet Theatre : saab , 2 ley lo saab , 120 wonly
.. somajigua circle : ayaa , 5 for 200 , 1 for 50
... jubilee check post : 1 for 100 bucks!..... aaah now i know I'm headed in the right direction to Hi-tech city, lol .

Back to my first point, no more condolences for you lot at this end of the musi.I'm jealous of the food and the pricing and proved that life is perfect this end when the "what,where and how to get there and how much" is known.

Last edited by absynthguzzler : 4th March 2009 at 15:43.
Old 4th March 2009, 15:33   #101
Senior - BHPian

OK....whats this about Friday? another dinner meet? if so , someone pls SMS me, I am in for sure.
Old 4th March 2009, 15:38   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsar56 View Post
thanks to APCPDCL (Hope I got it right!) there was no power and we were literally melting in the heat!
Andhra Pradesh State Electricity Board (APSEB).

Thundering & Blistering Barnacles, that's a dipped in the wit write-up. Good going my dear friend, i am lovin' it (no not the McDonalds's ad but really)

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th March 2009 at 15:49.
Old 4th March 2009, 15:42   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
OK....whats this about Friday? another dinner meet? if so , someone pls SMS me, I am in for sure.
bare bhaiya ,there is this new place called 'tamara' at durgam cherevu,heard lot of good things about it(bbq,lake facing ,nice crowd and all)

so just a prima thought of it being the friday evening venue was being discussed.

as the day/days progress either we will be there or somewhere else( as you can see milecruncher has already posted a suggestion of some movie)

will keep you updated.

@ arun: there was some nice tip given which made those fellows smile.so the working class can sleep well

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 4th March 2009 at 15:50.
Old 4th March 2009, 15:47   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Guys, would you believe it, got a call from my elder son whose school is in Jubilee hills, he has missed the school bus and I have to go to JH to pick him up. Am leaving my office in Minerva complex, S.D.Road, Sec, now. I get to ride the Bobby for a good distance again :-).
I thought watching Suren atop the bobby was a sight to please.Add to this , now we've got the "phamily man" avatar with junior as pillion!.Nazim bhai , run around and take a snap of this too for your posts,lol.
Old 4th March 2009, 15:47   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
as the day/days progress either we will be there or somewhere else( as you can see milecruncher has already posted a suggestion of some movie)

will keep you updated.
Dont know whether its worth a watch or not but we can always do a Dilli 6 encore

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks