Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2009, 11:55   #91
Senior - BHPian

Deepanonline, please contact me asap.
@racerdabba: No extra tickets. But, if there are any dropouts, ill let u know so you can join us. So, please pm me your number.
Old 11th April 2009, 14:41   #92
Senior - BHPian

Alrighty, whoz game for a drink session before the vrrrrooooooommmmmm starts??? Pls call me..!
Old 11th April 2009, 15:14   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
Alrighty, whoz game for a drink session before the vrrrrooooooommmmmm starts??? Pls call me..!
where? what time?
Old 11th April 2009, 15:15   #94
Senior - BHPian

Meeting before the movie @ Hotel President on RK Salai. 8.00PM.
Old 11th April 2009, 15:29   #95
Senior - BHPian

Final List:

1. Slipstream
2. Nitrous
3. Mission_Safari
4. Saiyan
5. MillionSwords
6. MillionSwords +1
7. Petrol_head
8. Mr.Bean (chief guest from Bangalore)
9. hotrod (Recovered from the "Matrix-trinity-ducati 999" stunt)
10. Neoranjit
11. Mail4ajo
12. Bottle
13. ex670c
14. ex670c+1
15. Bakiya
16. Bakiya +1
17. Sathee46
18. Sathee46+I
19. Phoenix
20. FieryEnzyme
21. FieryEnzyme+1
22. Godseed_1970
23. Godseed_1970+1
24. Ram.west
25. Ram.west+I
26. Ram.west+II
27. Ram.west+III
28. Ram.west+IV
29. Deepanonline - CONTACT ME ASAP
30. Deepanonline+1
Old 12th April 2009, 08:18   #96
BHPian

Nice meet Good to see everyone after a long time. Movie was so so :P.

Thanks to Bakiya for a ride back to my home
Old 12th April 2009, 18:22   #97
BHPian

Did Phoenix reveal anything about his Ford Gran Tourino camouflaged under a Kinetic Honda's skin?

Hey guys it was good meeting everyone....... Ranjit, Bottle, Phoenix, Mr.Bean, Arka, Mail4ajo, slipstream, bakiya, nitrous and everyone else that I missed out (could not recall your handles.. sorry)

@ nitrous - dude.. lets get the Pondy / Yelagiri meet going. You are the man. and make sure you get Mr. Bean's car to do those 2nd gear wheelspins that he was so fondly inquiring about.

P.S. Lets not forget about the Mambalam / Tambaram drift that I was talking about
Fast and Furious 5 - Old carts, New Parts - starring Nitrous and Phoenix (@phoenix - this time you get to be the good guy dude) wondering who is gonna be playing the two female leads ;-)

Last edited by petrol_head : 12th April 2009 at 18:28.
Old 12th April 2009, 19:49   #98
BHPian

I typed out a 3 page long meet report and my comp shut down before I could post it
Old 12th April 2009, 20:18   #99
Senior - BHPian

Bloody Arcot Veerasaamy!
Old 12th April 2009, 21:07   #100
BHPian

It was great meeting you guys & thanks to nitrous for organizing the meet.
Old 12th April 2009, 21:45   #101
BHPian

The last time I tried posting a meet review, I typed out 3 pages only to have my laptop shutdown before I could post it. The battery got cremated a few weeks back and now my laptop is nothing but a desktop. So I decided to type it again, but a little shorter this time around.

I arrived at Hotel President at 8 pm. Went up to the bar to find no one there, so got back to the car park, lit a cigarette and called nitrous. Our man was on his way and promised to be there in 20 minutes which only later did I realize was as per IST (Indian stretchable time / Indian suitable time etc)

I kept waiting there, paying great attention to each and every car that rolled in including Indica cabs, Ambys and even a rundown Sumo on its last legs. Finally a black alto arrived with a number plate sticker that brought rains to my parched boredom. It read Team BHP. Mail4ajo it was. Met up with him and settled down in the bar talking about cars and work. He kept looking for Ranjit but our man was promptly the last one to arrive Time passed and everyone trickled in.

The after a round of indulgence in some SOCIAL DRINKING, some of us stepped out for a smoke and that is where we got an elaboration about Phoenix’s escapade with his Indica and his 100 metre wheelies on his camouflaged Kinetic Honda (Will come to that later) How can I forget him whining about a swimming pool with no life. Dude, the next time around, we shall ensure that the swimming pool is not just a solitary water body but a socializing tool that exhibits human inhabitance of the female kind. Then we had our chief guest from Bangalore, Mr. Bean, giving us a detailed disclosure of his jaunt en-route to Chennai and how he was tormented by the Scorpios that pretty much seemed to run him off the road all the time. Blame it on the elections dude. Next time we shall ride a HUM-Vee and then let them try running you off the road. All this while, Nitrous was busy explaining to everyone how his so called STOCK CAR managed to remain stock all along. Don’t think anyone bought his illustration. So what. It may take time but sometime in the distant future I’m sure he is going to convince everyone that his short ratio mistress is STOCK to the bolt.

Awrite, Fast Forward to the Satyam Parking. Ranjit and I were waiting for the shuttle to drop us at the theatre when we noticed the most remarkable innovation that is going to take the automotive industry by storm. We spotted a V9 Magnum Elantra (Yeah, you read it right, a V9 Elantra Magnum - dont look at me, teh sticker said so with the sticker of every known automotive component manufacturer in automotive history, plastered all over his car. Guess it was his/her dedicated effort at making an extra buck by promoting his car as a mobile advertising medium. Eureka, we have a mobile billboard with a V9 engine. Guess some folks just go that little further with the whole V arrangement. You never know. You might end up spotting cabs with V20 or V 30 spec engines roaring down Ranganathan Street pretty soon. We were laughing our heads off wondering what levels of extended depression would have made someone do that.

Ok Fast Forward Again to the theatre. Mr. Bean, Phoenix and I decided to grab a bite to out the little mice in our tummies to rest for a while. Could find nothing but a single egg puff that the three of us shared. Movie starts and Vin Diesel enters to roaring applause and shrill whistles while the Buick Grand National looks stunning in his hands. The chase is on. The man looks good. The Car looks better and Michelle Rodriguez looks OMG stunning. Phoenix is already at the edge of his seat screaming OMG. Oh S@##, Oh F@#, Awesome etc. etc. the show stopper to me was the Chevelle SS that does a 50 yard wheelie off the line while it burns rubber with its rear wheels.

The funniest moment during the movie
Vin Diesel : Is that your car?
The hot tall chick who looks half Mexican and half Russian : No, Its Phoenix’s
Everyone looks at Phoenix while our man is all engrossed in a scene that he should have reacted to before anyone else. He did not even realize what was said till half an hour later when he turns towards me and with a certain degree of abstract innocence, asked ‘ So am I the bad guy’ and I sat there holding my ‘you know what’ laughing my ‘you know what’ off. Still can’t forget that.

Movie done, everyone assembled outside with a grin on the face and hands on the tummies trying to calm the mice which had turned to rats by now. Crescent it was. We were lucky enough to find the place still open and found ourselves a corner with a Air-con right above us. Nitrous finds the most suitable position from where he was going to benefit from the apparent air flow but unfortunately, the Air-con seemed to be more of an aesthetic arrangement with no apparent cooling effect. Nitrous gets into an argument with the waiter about what customer service is all about while Mr. Bean proposes the mounting of a free flow outlet for the Air-con to enable better air flow. LOL. Food was served and it went down quicker than it arrived at the table. Unfortunately, my orange juice did not turn up while everybody else’s did. My raita / Onion slices to go with the Biryani did not turn up till I was done and neither did my request for a refill of H2O and Nitrous was still trying to convince everyone about the apparent STOCK categorization of his short ratio mistress.

Dinner done and all set to depart. Nitrous leaves with his tires begging for mercy till he is convinced by the cops near Loyola College that it was not the most appropriate thing to do, the continuance of which shall find him a suitable place behind bars. All this while Phoenix’s Ford Gran Tourino in the Kinetic Honda’s skin was building up speed and there he went leaving behind a trail of smoke and fire (remember the movie Ghostrider?)
Reached home to find my gate locked and the security guard snoring his way to glory. Climbed over the gate with minor damage to the anatomy of my physical self while doing so.

Summary. The movie was kinda awrite but who cares. Where else do you get to see a Dodge Charger, Chevelle SS, Grand National, Eclipse, Mustang, Evo, Skyline GTR and a host of other exotic and muscle cars in one frame. It was an awesome outing with an awesome set of people. Movie or not, lets do this more often. It is not about where you go, it is about how much you enjoy it which is directly attributed to the people you go with. I had an absolute ball. Was one of those evenings that you wish happens every week. Got to make a lot of new friends, and thanks a ton to nitrous for the initiative. Hats off to you dude. Now while in the groove, lets make the Pondy/ Yelagiri trip happen. Its not about the place, its about the people. I guess most of you would agree.

Hope to see you guys soon. Cheers

P.S. Guys please PM me your Contact numbers. Forgot to take it yesterday.

Last edited by petrol_head : 12th April 2009 at 22:02.
Old 12th April 2009, 22:06   #102
BHPian

Nice meeting you guys after a long time!! Though personally could not meet everyone in person & get introduced or make it to both the Hotels!! Had a touring week before so my Parents were like Home as quick as Possible and so had to run. Will sure catch up in time from the next meet.
Old 12th April 2009, 22:18   #103
BHPian

Hehehe... great write-up, petrol_head! Humor makes the most irritating situations (i.e. one's food not turning up!) seem benign!
Old 12th April 2009, 22:24   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perakath View Post
Hehehe... great write-up, petrol_head! Humor makes the most irritating situations (i.e. one's food not turning up!) seem benign!
Yeah sure does help. But it was awrite. Was never quite an irritating situation. Was having a ball of a time with the guys. So did not really matter if the food arrived or not. Yeah but those mice which had turned to rats would have pretty soon turned into raccoons
Old 13th April 2009, 09:52   #105
Senior - BHPian

It was great fun and I enjoyed the movie although it was comme ci comme ca.
We missed the regulars - Headers , SupremeBaleno, Esteem_Lover, Manek, et all.
A Team-BHP record : 100% attendance . 30/30 turned up.

PS: The Mistress is stock.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks