Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2005, 22:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

TBHP Chennai- Trip to the Bike races

Well,

Nitrous and I set off on Sunday in his Ikon to check out the bike races that were going on in Sriperamudur. It was also the first time I had seen bike racing.

MAN were those two-strokes awesome. They sang the loudest songs Ive ever heard, so loud that sometimes ears needed to be plugged as they pass by. There is nothing, NOTHING like the wailing and screaming of a two stroke engine. They seem to be snorting and snarling at low revs, spluttering and coughing, and when let off, they just fly.
The four strokes sounded relatively pedestrian in comparison!!!

Well, we hung out there for the afternoon, and also spied 2 examples of the new Sonata testing outside the Hyundai factory which is literally opposite to the track. Before I could get my cam out, they had gone.

Anyway, here are the pics:

It was one helluva experience.

Cheers,
Islero
Old 23rd May 2005, 22:27   #2
Senior - BHPian

wow islero !!

kewl pics maan !! 2 strokers really screammmmmmmmm

u guys seemed to have enjoyed !

cheers
Old 24th May 2005, 08:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

you guys in chennai are damn lucky to have a racing circuit of your own.. would love to come there someday to watch the sedan class races...and also the e-zens.
heavyfoot.

Last edited by heavy_foot : 24th May 2005 at 08:41. Reason: incomplete
Old 24th May 2005, 09:11   #4
BHPian

hey islero do car races also take place there woah man thats awesome. i would come there someday and watch them. anyways havent you got any videos of these races
Old 24th May 2005, 12:08   #5
BHPian

so is this track open for the public to race??? or is it just for the public to watch races?? cause if they do Auto-X that would rock
Old 24th May 2005, 12:18   #6
Senior - BHPian

yeah, here at chennai, there are races happening almost every weekend... but not crowds of spectators like the speedrun or F1 races... i've always loved being a spectator of the races at this track.

@CaliAtenza: yes, the public can subscribe for membership at the MMSC. i think its Rs.2000 per annum. they can race on the track with their own fuel for Rs. 400 per day
Old 24th May 2005, 12:33   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooldude
hey islero do car races also take place there woah man thats awesome. i would come there someday and watch them. anyways havent you got any videos of these races
No, but I do have videos of the bikes screaming in the parking lot where they were practising starts and were popping wheelies too. But they were taken with a digicam, so theyre really small and the sound quality is really crappy. But Ill post the best of them just to give you an idea.
It was impossible to take videos of the bikes on the track with just a digicam because they really were fast so following them was gonna be tough.

how don I load up videos anyway??
Old 24th May 2005, 12:45   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
yeah, here at chennai, there are races happening almost every weekend... but not crowds of spectators like the speedrun or F1 races... i've always loved being a spectator of the races at this track.

@CaliAtenza: yes, the public can subscribe for membership at the MMSC. i think its Rs.2000 per annum. they can race on the track with their own fuel for Rs. 400 per day
Rs. 400 day isnt bad at all....i think team bhp should make a trip there and do it sometimes, maybe the members from Chennai and Bangalore can do a joint meet or something.
Old 26th May 2005, 11:36   #9
BANNED

The fact is - most of these race events are not publicised, almost as if the organizers don't want the crowds.

More often than not, the crowds consist of the actual racing teams, their family & friends + a few enthusiasts.

Additionally, the spectator arrangement is not ideal and can be improved upon. If I remember correctly (from November 2004), the only spectator area is near the start finish straight and as cars / bikes head towards the other parts of the track, people are either moving en masse to the other side of the area OR simply staying out till the cars / bikes come round again!

All said, it is probably worth all the trouble just to see J D Madan's infectious smile whenever he is out of his car!

hrag

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks