Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2009, 14:49   #1
Senior - BHPian

1st ever Mini meet in Calicut. Post here for all future Calicut mini meets..

Get a call from A S H V I N this morning: 'Hey, are you in town?'

15 minutes later, he and the boys are at my place talking about Ripper's recent mod jobs and Calicut cuisine!

Turns out few of the regular Calicut bhpians are in town as well, so this calls for a first ever team-bhp mini meet in Calicut! So lets meet this evening, short notice yes, but hey..this ain't no D R I V E !!

Please add your name and PM me your number for details.

1. A S H V I N
2. aditya.86
3. desigNation
4. Tuner
5. Zaheer?
6. hanmust?

Yes, folks...we do have a hot topic of discussion...how does winning a court order against the local RTO sound..?! More later...
Old 8th May 2009, 23:56   #2
BHPian

hmmmmm. was in Calicut till today morning.. got a chance to drive an ANHC to Tcr and I am back @ Tcr.
I ll be back at Clt on wednesday.
See ya guys.

@ MaserQ: Good initiative buddy...
Old 9th May 2009, 07:07   #3
rippergeo

What mod jobs?
Its classified information.
Missed this one, but after hearing about the NH17 from ASHVIN constantly for the last 2 days...I feel like heading north soon.

Old 9th May 2009, 23:18   #4
BHPian

@rippergeo whats the classified infrmation man
Old 10th May 2009, 10:34   #5
BHPian

Meet in Calicut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
Get a call from A S H V I N this morning: 'Hey, are you in town?'

15 minutes later, he and the boys are at my place talking about Ripper's recent mod jobs and Calicut cuisine!

Turns out few of the regular Calicut bhpians are in town as well, so this calls for a first ever team-bhp mini meet in Calicut! So lets meet this evening, short notice yes, but hey..this ain't no D R I V E !!

Please add your name and PM me your number for details.

1. A S H V I N
2. aditya.86
3. desigNation
4. Tuner
5. Zaheer?
6. hanmust?

Yes, folks...we do have a hot topic of discussion...how does winning a court order against the local RTO sound..?! More later...
I will be in Calicut from 16th onwards for a week. If you guys are planning anything during that time period, I would love to join.
Regards,
Sarin
Old 10th May 2009, 13:29   #6
rippergeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jithudigitised View Post
@rippergeo whats the classified infrmation man
If I told you, i'd have to kill you.
will tell you when we meet next. I think jkdas knows. He'll tell you if you cant wait that long.

Old 10th May 2009, 21:20   #7
Senior - BHPian

The mini meet turned out to be a chocolate mousse meet!

One of A S H V I N 's friends got into a minor domestic accident that required medical attention, as a result of which the quick drive to Kappad Beach was called off.

So, desigNation and yours truly met up with A S H V I N, aditya.86 and the lads at their friend's place in Calicut.

The talk as usual was new rides, mod jobs, (ok Louis Soze...my lips are sealed!) and desigNation's new Bolero Camper, for which he won a court order to get it registered as a private use vehicle.

Inbetween, we were treated to some delicious chocolate mousse and fruit pudding by A S H V I N 's buddy's mom. Yummy!

The lads had a function to attend that evening at the Kadavu resort, so we left them to get ready. Hanmust, who happened to be near Kadavu, dropped in to see them at the resort later that evening.

I rang A S H V I N the next morning, and he seemed to be fast asleep after taking in all that Calicut grub and having enjoyed an early morning blast to Cochin!

Look forward to more of this in Calicut and with a bit more planning, we could have a our first D R I V E very soon...

@sarinkumar - please PM desigNation or Tuner, as I will be in Cochin this week. If in case you pass by cochin, do let me know!
Attached Thumbnails
1st ever Mini meet in Calicut. Post here for all future Calicut mini meets..-bolero-camper.jpg  

1st ever Mini meet in Calicut. Post here for all future Calicut mini meets..-mini-meet.jpg  

Old 10th May 2009, 22:04   #8
BHPian

hi there guys,even though it turned out to be more of a chocolate mouse meet[like maserq mentioned],it was nice to meet ashvin and adithya.thanx for posting the pics maserq....
Old 20th May 2009, 00:05   #9
BHPian

I really missed that bhpians mini meet, ehhm.. sorry chocolate mousse meet. Was busy in Coimbatore with some other things. But 2 days back i met DesigNation and mabasheer, it was so nice, that was my first bhp meeting. Enjoyed alot.
Looking forward for a SuperMeet in near future.
Old 10th August 2010, 11:48   #10
BHPian

Onam Meet at Calicut

Folks,

Was thinking rather any tbhpian's are based in calicut. Then immediately went for a search calicut in meet section, and there got the Calicut Meet thread.

I am Prasoon, based in Bangalore for work and Calicut for sweet home, not literally but.

I will be in Calicut from 19th onwards for less than a week during Onam. Should we available till 23rd Aug, then further returns to bangalore on 24th.

If we can plan to meet during that time I am game. Except 22nd, which I will be busy with cousin's enagagement in Telicherry.

I am reachable at + 91 98806 44665

PM me or share the contact nos. so that we can plan something.

Regards
prsnck
Old 16th August 2010, 13:41   #11
BHPian

WOW! Waiting for this event for a long time. I am ready with any date except 22&23.
-Sreejesh
Old 16th August 2010, 14:59   #12
BHPian

Calicut Meet is on !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejeshmp View Post
WOW! Waiting for this event for a long time. I am ready with any date except 22&23.
-Sreejesh
ok good to see atleast a response !

Just spoke to Sreejesh, so the outcome is will have to fix it either 20th or 21st of Aug in Calicut. As of now me and Sreejesh are in, expecting more to join. Venue I am voting for is obviuosly Beach, calicut beach. If there are other options please pour-in your choice and suggestions.

So will meet, greet, talk, drive and if later a drink (abide to tbhp rules, non-alcohol preferred.. ) and lunch at Bombay Hotel. What say guys..

Heard from Sreejesh lots are in and around Calicut, Manjeri etc etc..so hopefully will make it big.

Tentative details are here :

Date : 20th or 21st Aug
Time : TBD
Venue : Calicut Beach

rgrds
prsnck
Old 28th August 2014, 11:07   #13
BHPian

Re: 1st ever Mini meet in Calicut. Post here for all future Calicut mini meets..

Please count me in for all future meets happening in and around Kozhikode.

lf possible I will definitely make it.

I would love to meet you guys.
Old 6th March 2016, 14:58   #14
BHPian

Re: 1st ever Mini meet in Calicut. Post here for all future Calicut mini meets..

Hi.
Need some info about good wheel alignment/balancing place in Calicut. I'll be staying nr. Nadakavvu area.
Thanks.
Old 7th March 2016, 16:06   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanmd View Post
Nadakavvu area.
An OT discussion for this thread. However, on seeing your post came to know about this thread.

Regarding your query, Mukkom tyres near Maronrama junction is near to your location and is a reputed place for alignment works.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks