Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2005, 21:15   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyderabad TBHP Meet Report: June 12th, 2005

Day & Time: 12 June 2005, 4:00 PM
Venue: Coffee day, Banjara Hills and then shifted to Varun motors (Maruti Dealer)
Members Present: Satish_appasani (Me), Aadix, Solly
Rides Present: My Palio D, Solly's Karizma

This weekend can be written as a day to remember in the books of www.team-bhp.com. For the first time TBHP meets were held in Mumbai, Bangalore and Hyderabad simultaneously. At the time of this writing, pics and brief write-ups were out about the Mumbai meet, but nothing heard about Bangalore meet.

Compared to other cities, Hyd meet was very tiny but no less in some good fun. This is the first time we had a post much in advance to notify all the Hyd members and also a Poll for members suggestions (This could be the pole with the less number of votes).

Other things apart, after few posts, SMS, PMs, and calls we decided to meet at Coffee Day near Nagarjuna circle, Banjara Hills. I am the first to drive there at sharp 4:00 PM. A few minutes later Aadix walks in and then Solly.

After the introductions, we got down to the talking on cars and bikes and enjoying coffee and Ice creams. Aadix shot some pics in between.

After an hour of talking, we decided to go to Maruti dealership and test drive the Swift. On the way we stopped at KBR park for a brief photo shoot. Then we walked in to Varun motors to test drive the Swift.

To encourage the salesman, I told him that I am not really impressed with my Palio and looking for a switch to a better car. He immediately replied back "Once you test drive Swift, you will never want to drive the Palio. Swift is far better". He went on and boasted that Swift is as good as BMW. I and Aadix shot back when Swift is copied from BMW's mini, it should be as good. Surprisingly the salesman agreed that Swift is a copy of mini (not inspired). First it was my turn to test drive the car. we tested the ZXi version. The test drives were very short (less than 2 KMS) to accommodate the continuous flow of crowd. Getting used to low revving of my Palio D, I didn't revv the car much. But still managed to cross 100 KMPH. Next it was Solly's turn and he really ripped the car. The sales guy kept talking about the brakes of Swift alone for 5 minutes. After a few pics with the Swift and many promises to the sales guy that we will return back, we walked out of the dealer ship and back to KBR park.

I took Solly's Karizma for a spin and man, what a machine it is... The power was so sweet. Aadix, binding to the law for not having license took the bike for a short ride in the parking lot. Aadix, come on brother get your license quick and enjoy all the sweet rides you have at your home.

At 6:30 PM it's time to say Bye and speed back home to chill my furious wife to whom I promised I will be back in 1 hour.

If you find any mistakes in this write-up, forgive me guys, this is my first write-up inspired by some of the well talented writers in this forum.

Aadix, please post the pics ASAP.

Hope this report inspires more members from Hyderabad to join the future meets.

Last edited by satish_appasani : 12th June 2005 at 21:20.
Old 12th June 2005, 21:35   #2
Senior - BHPian

well looks like you guys did have a good meet...well we too had a eventful meet, ther report and pics will be put up a little later..
Old 12th June 2005, 21:40   #3
BANNED

Well satish it seems you really had a eventful meet.. and yeah Aadix please post the pics fast
Old 12th June 2005, 22:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

satish that was a very good write up
i was there in the parking lot with my sis and my other friends for quite a bit time after u and solly left.
i do have a learners license (renewing it from the last two years.,hopefully will be getting the permanent tomo.)

oops i forgot to mention, satish u car sounds quite good when u revv it! tried it out when i was parking it in the parking spot at kbr when u went for a spin on the kari.

here are the pics:

pic 1:

last week's meet with arush (auto physce)

in the pic are me ,satish, autophysce, vulken and turbo

pic 2:

the participating vehicles ( my esteem was in the same parking lot but i didnt observe. at the same time our friends (sis and me have a common circle) had come for their evening walk/meetup)

the stunning kari and the hot palio!

pic 3:

satish ,me and solly at the parking lot (kbr park,spring parking.) where we parked up solly's kari before heading to the upmarket maruti dealer :varun motors

coming up in the next post, pics at varun motors and coffee day.

Last edited by aadix : 12th June 2005 at 22:38.
Old 12th June 2005, 23:03   #5
Senior - BHPian

pics at coffee day

pic 1:

solly and me, while satish took the pic.

pic 2:

hyderabad's very own entrant for shaadi.com!!!

pics at varun motors:

pic 1:

solly and satish trying on the grand vitara xl-7 for size.

pic 2:

the salesperson,me,a ravishing blue swift,solly and satish.

pics inside the demo swift.

pic 1:

the salesperson,me and solly could fit quite nicely(at least i could!) in the rear seat. hope i didnt pull away all the place from solly and the salesperson.(sorry if i did :- ) .)

this was taken during satish's spin of the demo car.

pic 2:

satish after driving the demo swift. another fine entry pic for shaadi.com!

pic 3:

solly with a wide grin after ripping the demo swift! ( another fine entry to shaadi.com from hyd,what say guys?!!!)

thats it guys!!!
me and my cute doggy(below!) saying good nite to all the team-bhpians online, take care.

(offtopic pic, hope the moderators wont mind.)
Old 12th June 2005, 23:09   #6
BANNED

really nice pics aadix.. specially the dog part.. LOL hope you enjoyed
Old 12th June 2005, 23:22   #7
Senior - BHPian

Aadix, it's not good of you. Isn't it supposed to be the other way, me being married and you both being singles?
Old 12th June 2005, 23:34   #8
Senior - BHPian

if i am not mistaken all the entrants to shaadi.com from team-bhp are married!
so shouldnt the hyd's entrant be on the same path? ;-D

on a serious note, i wonder what happened to vulken , esp haryan and turbo??

guys pls try and make it to the next meet.

which will be most likely the next sunday if everything goes right. ie if there are sufficent no of members.i dont want an hyd team-bhp meet just between me and satish only(which is what happenes most of the time).i do believe that even satish would agree with me.

Last edited by aadix : 12th June 2005 at 23:37.
Old 13th June 2005, 00:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics aadix though I feel even your doggy pics qualifies for shaadi.com

Dippy
Old 13th June 2005, 00:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

hey guys great pics looks like you guys had a great time.

p.s the doggy pic was really cute !!

rev
Old 13th June 2005, 00:46   #11
Senior - BHPian

So the Hyderabad guys too met eh! nice pics aadix and neat report satish!
Old 13th June 2005, 09:34   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Nice pics aadix though I feel even your doggy pics qualifies for shaadi.com

Dippy

oh! she's married and a proud mom of two kids! ;-)
Old 13th June 2005, 11:40   #13
Team-BHP Support

Three T-bhp meets in 3 cities on One day. That's gotto be a record!
Old 13th June 2005, 12:47   #14
BHPian

Nice writeup satish, couldn't have described it better. Infact in the accleration to 100kmph, I didn't find much diffrence between the swift and my Kari. I tried satish's Palio D and it didn't feel like a disel at low speed, wonde how it's at high speeds? Aadix nice pictures and try to get your license before next meet, we can have more fun. Thats a cute doggie Is it a dobbermann pup?? Wish we had more members joining in next time.

Chao
Solly

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks