Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 13th June 2005, 22:54   #31
BHPian

hey samurai...nice pics..5 mega pixel...worth it dude...nice drive..it was intresting....i did nt expect it to be a long drive..thought its a lunch meet up...iceman..was waitin for me while the others are at the gas station..i was the last one to join .....the baleno's and the vtec's started off after we have gone about 30 km on the chennai higway..i was doin 110 on the scorpio..and i was scared passin that..as the steering was became so smooth after 100..and it was as if the car is flying...i did touch 120..but the car felt insecure..it seemd pretty risky..so..i maintained low..i had the esteem on my rear.for sometime we did nt know where we are upto..so i just went along NH-4..the road is awsome.not much of traffic while going....we could nt even have the sight of either baleno's nd the vtec...so i had to call up iceman..who's leadingm, to slowdown a bit...so they did stop by...we had 3 stops while going i remember..the best part of the drive was amby..it was awsome..it was ahead of me..and when i saw my speedo i was doin about 110kmph...wow...i did get a peek under the hood of the amby..it was good job..
the return journey was funny(Psycho's pants catching on fire)...we had a lot of stops..at one stop..i saw vtec..and baleno..stalling by the road..i was at...100 or so then..as you are aware the braking its pretty bad..i had to shift to engine braking..i came off road ..and it was fun..doin off the road..samurai was scared..that i might hit his car...but i was in perfect..control of the situation...just stopped close enough...he he...should see the way he reacted after i got down...after that stop, it started raining..heavyly..i put my wipers on full..but could nt see anything..i thought my wipers must be having some problem..but after i stopped my car..seeing ice's car...then i got to know that it was the rain and no the wipers ..its funny ice...100 to 80 to 60 and finally stop..they way you said was funny,...nice t-shirt v1per...you were so obsessed about it all along..kust kiddng..i am looking for one more drive just before i leave for newyork...
Old 13th June 2005, 23:00   #32
Senior - BHPian

Thank you freaker! You made my day!
Old 13th June 2005, 23:57   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakrz
i was at...100 or so then..as you are aware the braking its pretty bad..i had to shift to engine braking..i came off road ..and it was fun..doin off the road..samurai was scared..that i might hit his car...but i was in perfect..control of the situation...just stopped close enough...he he...should see the way he reacted after i got down
When you came off the road, the scorpio was moving like a drunk elephant literally skidding on the gravel. None of us really thought it would stop in time. Next time try stopping after passing the stopped vehicles. When you get off the paved road at high speed there is no telling how much traction you would get, it has nothing to do with skill, you were lucky and so was I...
Old 14th June 2005, 00:14   #34
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montoya
Well an Esteem is caplable of 160 in 3rd.. Pheeew..
now thats one serious misconception for a stock esteems for sure or some serious speedo error !

manson .
Old 14th June 2005, 00:27   #35
Senior - BHPian

i remember reading in some thread that esteem achives its top speed in the 3rd gear...i remember taking kooldudes esteem to 140 in the 3rd gear.
Old 14th June 2005, 09:59   #36
Senior - BHPian

its got to do with how god teh engine is and till what revs yuo can push it since its carb....yes the esteem has long gears where the thirdis best and can do 160 in third gear but you need to be close to max revs for it
Old 14th June 2005, 22:50   #37
BANNED

Well i have done close to 160 MPFI esteem and really i was **** scared the way she screems and the way she handles is not worth doing it.. plus her stopping power is Yewwww..
Old 15th June 2005, 00:36   #38
Senior - BHPian

esteem 8v 9000+ revs 45 dcoe's I really dunno if I can say any more...
Old 16th June 2005, 12:15   #39
BHPian

hello guys...looks like a great action and a fun packed weekend drive...!! missed out on tht one.. had to help pavan misra (tbhpian) with his last min shopping as he's leavin to ahmedabad for his PG in product design in NID. will definitely catch up on the next meet ..
cheers
xstream
Old 16th June 2005, 13:55   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_foot
i remember reading in some thread that esteem achives its top speed in the 3rd gear...i remember taking kooldudes esteem to 140 in the 3rd gear.
hey heavyfoot
did 120 in 2nd gear a few days back and i think it can achieve a top speed of around 160 k because i myself have done 150 at expressway

Last edited by kooldude : 16th June 2005 at 13:59.
Old 16th June 2005, 15:21   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
When you came off the road, the scorpio was moving like a drunk elephant literally skidding on the gravel. None of us really thought it would stop in time. Next time try stopping after passing the stopped vehicles. When you get off the paved road at high speed there is no telling how much traction you would get, it has nothing to do with skill, you were lucky and so was I...
Drunken Elephant!!! what a analogy
Actually, You got it just right. It did look like a drunken elephant trying to stop in that gravel.

Anyways, I feel terrible as have been unable to post anymessages after the road trip.

I wish to thank everybody from Tbhp bangalore meet,who made my sunday a memorable one. It was great driving Ice's car. It was an awesome car. Thanks Iceman91.

Samurai, you too have kept the car in excellent shape. I wish I book a baleno too but the NHC offers such excellent mileage.

Here again I have been confused with Montoya's thread. I would request Bhpian's here to start a poll on the NHC 's mileage containing values 10,11,12,13,14 and 15+

Thanks
Old 16th June 2005, 17:21   #42
Senior - BHPian

The Suzie will give you close to 14-15kmpl with well-timed shifts and a light right foot. The NHC may give 1kmpl more, but are you going to sacrifice pleasure for that?
Old 16th June 2005, 18:12   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman
Samurai, you too have kept the car in excellent shape. I wish I book a baleno too but the NHC offers such excellent mileage.
I think Iceman's Baleno given 18-19 on highway. My Baleno gives 15kmpl after first service on highway. Meanwhile, my cousin's NHC gives only 13 on the highway thanks to his crazy driving.
Old 16th June 2005, 23:15   #44
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman
I wish I book a baleno too but the NHC offers such excellent mileage.
That's the only reason you're looking at that car?
Old 19th June 2005, 12:19   #45
BANNED

Quote:
Here again I have been confused with Montoya's thread. I would request Bhpian's here to start a poll on the NHC 's mileage containing values 10,11,12,13,14 and 15+
Done sir,

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...2355#post92355

Quote:
That's the only reason you're looking at that car?
I dont think so. Its only comfort for which NHC is worth buying and when you flooe the pedal to the floor you will still have a light foot

Most Viewed