Team-BHP - Bangalore T-BHP drive to Mulbagal - Report
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Team-BHP Meet Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/)
-   -   Bangalore T-BHP drive to Mulbagal - Report (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-bhp-meet-section/6028-bangalore-t-bhp-drive-mulbagal-report.html)

My report was delayed thanks to Sify Broadband which died yesterday night as I was uploading the photos. I had to resume today morning.

This is my first long drive with Team-BHPians to anywhere. The rendezvous point was the service road next to Indiranagar RTO. Although the meeting time was 12.30PM, most people including me showed up by 1PM. The drive route was still being discussed, is it Bellary Road or Hosur road, etc. Any non-TBHPians listening-in would have wondered why roads are being discussed instead of the final destination. Well, how could they guess our business was with the journey and not the destination. Finally, any road that forced us to drive through Bangalore was rejected and we decided on the path of least resistance, the old madras road that was right there which would take us towards Kolar and beyond. I didn't know the final destination until midway, I mean who cared. Unfortunately this also meant couple of guys who were planning to join up at Hebbal had to drop out. Therefore, only people who showed up at the rendezvous could make the trip. Well guys, there is a lesson for next time.

Trip Members: Rudra Sen, Iceman, Psycho, Agressive_Anush, Samurai, Chetan, Shrikar, Freakrz, Islandman, Shravan316 and V1p3r (there are multilple vipers, hope I got the right one).

Rides: Iceman's Super-Baleno, Rudra's Grand Daddy Ambassador, Chetan's Honda City VTEC, Samurai's Baleno, Anush's Esteem, and Freakrz's Scorpio.

After getting out of Bangalore, the road was excellent, it was a wonderful drive. The ride was mostly uneventful except for some rumours about a race between a Baleno and a VTEC. Somewhere in the middle, I was informed that the final destination was a dhaba at Mulbagal.

After almost 100Kms drive, we noticed the Mulbagal bypass. V1p3r who was riding in my car pointed towards the highway, but I figured we had to enter the town. We entered the town and we couldn't spot rest of the guys or get them on mobile. Then it occured to me, Dhabas exist on the Highway, and not inside towns, Duh!. So, back we went and rejoined the highway and finally reached the Dhaba few KMs away from Mulbagal. It was about 4PM by then.

Psycho, Islandman,Shrikar,Freakrz

Iceman,V1p3r,Chetan

Freakrz,Shravan,Anush,Samurai

Anush,Samurai,Rudra Sen

Didn't take any photos on the road since I was driving and had actually forgotten about the camera. I was having too much fun driving.

The return trip was more eventful. First it was the sound from the VTEC (the only car to have any trouble, what say Shan2nu?), then Psycho's pants catching on fire, and finally the severe rain storm near Kolar.

Meanwhile Freakrz on his Scorpio was on my tail all the way. In one of the stops (for VTEC's trouble), he almost looked like ploughing into my car. Scorpio doing off-road (just uneven ground on the shoulder) is scary!

We hit some severe rains, apparently Iceman's car stalls at speeds below 80Kms, usual problem with any Jet engine I suppose.

Since Psycho's report has touched upon rest of the details, I won't elaborate any further.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai
Didn't take any photos on the road since I was driving and had actually forgotten about the camera. I was having too much fun driving.

Road gets even better as you go towards Palamner-Chitoor-Ranipet. Palamner has a mini ghat section with nice views...Next time may be :)

hey samurai
great pics.I really like the one with the three cars parked in a line.

rev

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurai

Just loved to watch Rudra's Amby in rain. Wat a beauty !

Nice pics people. You seemed to have fun driving in the rains.

well one hell fo a trip...had a really good time.
actually there was no race between the vtec and me..just a little game of tag going on since psycho was driving the vtec..having some good driving games!!!

Nice pics guys..i should be joining you guys on the trips soon! :D

cool trips
missed out on it

nice pics

Nice Photos..
Please let me know whenever you plan your next trip.

Cheers

Great drive it seems! Looks like the rains are pounding Blr eh. Strange weather you'll have...seem to get the monsoons twice each year?

Looking at that pic with all the cars, it looks like the Amby is making a dirty face at all these new-fangled Jap's (Scorpio excluded) that have all but driven it out of the market!

Superb review and pics there Samura.. you seem to have enjoyed alot..

Your car looks uperb Rudra Sir but i would like to see her with alloys please..

Arre! What happened to the close-ups of my cool t-shirt?!

Great fun! Free, fast unstressed driving. Scenic locales, beautiful roads, and little traffic. Then a stop for lunch and what we presumed was chicken(!!). Chetan and Islandman are probably experiencing it now! Followed by a return in blinding rain, and a wet pitstop for tea, cigarettes and bubble-gum (don't ask!).

I wish everyday was a Sunday!

I just realized...over 200km @ a maximum of 15kmpl does not work out very cheap. I suggest next time we all pool in for petrol, as much as possible.

Happy realisation

Quote:

200km @ a maximum of 15kmpl
That is good enough FE..

that is around 13.3L of fuel at Rs. 45 = Rs. 600 for petrol cars

and Rs. 400 for diesels..

Quote:

The return trip was more eventful. First it was the sound from the VTEC (the only car to have any trouble, what say Shan2nu?),
LOL, you guys don't let chances like these get away, do you? Hahaha

Wonder what went wrong? I mean that car has had a few eventful incidents in the past.

Shan2nu

nothing much some screw in the bumper had gotten lose and would rattle at cerain speeds which caused chetan some worry.

@v1p3r :as of now petrol is not an issue...but then depends on each individual