Old 15th June 2009, 16:48   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag_p80 View Post
Some basic arithmetic:

1 car= Transport for 3-4 people
Return Fare for 3= 12k Rs
Return Fare for 4= 16k Rs

So as long as it costs less than the above to take a car to Goa and back (Assuming that wear n tear, toll taxes, and the additional time spent is negligible), we should drive.

Gives us a way to move around in goa as well, and not on 2 rented wheels either. You will know the value of that when we run outta smokes n cokes at 2 o clock in the night:P
Attaboy Anurag ! you go after my heart. The main fun of the trip lies in the drive. And, knowing all our professions, who's in a hurry to reach goa?

Btw, add another Rs.1.5K/Cab for Airport-Hotel-Airport since North Goa is a good 45kms away ( one-way).

Edit : Just saw Theo's post. I have done a drive to goa about 4-5 times in the last 3 years and the cost per person ( in a diesel car) never exceeds more than Rs.1300/Person ( 4 in a car) for a 2000kms drive ( including 400kms in-city travel). Basically, you save over Rs.2K per person and it can be blown on Ayurvedic Massage.....LOL

Last edited by mobike008 : 15th June 2009 at 16:54.
Old 15th June 2009, 16:49   #17
BHPian

flying to Goa

Aha, the unexpected twist to the drive meet at Goa.

In fact I have been toying with the idea of flying into Goa ever since I came across the Jet Konnet offer on Yatra.com, mainly because it saves a lot of time and it is safer than driving 1600 KM on highways. But I have not made up my mind on that so far because I did not want to miss the fun of long drives. So, I am still undecided.

Last edited by nagvasireddy : 15th June 2009 at 16:52.
Old 15th June 2009, 16:58   #18
Senior - BHPian

Though the air fare seems less, it will not be economical at all!
Adding to this, there are lots of hidden costs involved like cab to & fro to HIAL, bikes/car rentals in Goa, cab to & fro to Goa Airport.

No more discussions on the mode of travel please.

Let's DRIVE to Goa! Period.
Old 15th June 2009, 17:02   #19
BHPian

Drive it is!

Jo Pancho ki rai!

Me sitting in the back seat of which ever ride we guys taking.
Old 15th June 2009, 17:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

If economics are to be talked, car pooling is the way to go plus the fun of long drive(this is a drive meet, hello!!!!).

Air travel is for the guys like me, who work their $$$ off 6 or 7 days a week !!! and don't take leaves of 2 days continuously so as to not make their bosses unhappy. :(

In my case, I am planning to take a day and a half as leave(friday - half day and saturday full day). I intend to take the flight on friday afternoon and join you guys. If there is any place left for me in any cars, I can join you guys in the return journey else, I will take the return ticket(this can be decided later).

Raj.
Old 15th June 2009, 17:09   #21
BHPian

it's going to be a nice drive, i hope our bangy boys arrange for such a meet. Have fun guys!
Old 15th June 2009, 18:52   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
it's going to be a nice drive, i hope our bangy boys arrange for such a meet. Have fun guys!
This drive is planned as part of the Goa Monsoon meet (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...l-monsoon.html)
Bangy, Pune & Mumbai guys are also supposed to turn up!

Last edited by pulsar56 : 15th June 2009 at 19:00.
Old 15th June 2009, 19:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Attaboy Anurag ! you go after my heart. The main fun of the trip lies in the drive. And, knowing all our professions, who's in a hurry to reach goa?

Btw, add another Rs.1.5K/Cab for Airport-Hotel-Airport since North Goa is a good 45kms away ( one-way).

Edit : Just saw Theo's post. I have done a drive to goa about 4-5 times in the last 3 years and the cost per person ( in a diesel car) never exceeds more than Rs.1300/Person ( 4 in a car) for a 2000kms drive ( including 400kms in-city travel). Basically, you save over Rs.2K per person and it can be blown on Ayurvedic Massage.....LOL
Some airports also charge UDF--which could increase the fare much more.
I'd anyday prefer to drive.
Old 15th June 2009, 19:51   #24
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
I plan to, once my exams get over. Probably sometime during 3rd or last week of July. We have had two national meets in Goa too.
Old 15th June 2009, 20:11   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
I plan to, once my exams get over. Probably sometime during 3rd or last week of July. We have had two national meets in Goa too.
Join up guys,it would be fun if some of you folks come over from Bangy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Some airports also charge UDF--which could increase the fare much more.I'd anyday prefer to drive.
That's right Venu. You too are echoing my feeling. Hope you can join, i missed out adding you in tentative list.

Met Suren181 in the hospital today and i am happy to inform you all that he is being dischared this evening and is fast on a recovery track. Lets us all pray for that to happen quickly. I am adding him to the trip as he sounded keen when we discussed this evening.

Event : Hyderabad TBHP-Drive meet to GOA
When : July 23rd,2009-July26th, 2009
Where we staying : North Goa, close to Calangute Beach

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008
2. Rajesh Rawal
3. Pulsar56
4. Absynthguzzler
5. Jairaj Singh ( Mobike008's Cousin)
6. Nagvasireddy + 3 Friends
7. Himanshu
8. Suren181 + 1 or 2

Tentative Names ( To be confirmed latest by June 30th)
1. Anurag_P80 + 1
2. Theodre_Ftw
3. Downsouth + 1
4. kkr2k2 (by air)
5. Vnabhi
Old 15th June 2009, 22:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

Tentative

I will remain in the tentaive list till the last minute. The kiddo has not yet got his School Diary which sets out dates of tests, exams etc. Arriving late night on Sunday too is not a good idea as he has to be packed off to school at least on Monday. One idea I am toying with is to hitch a ride on the way out and fly back or vice-versa.

Cheers,
Old 15th June 2009, 22:59   #27
BHPian

hey i am from vizag but my native is hyd, bade bhai hum bhi achi hyderabadi bolete hai. can i take part. If yes, put me in tentative. I might fly directly and join you guys at goa.
Old 15th June 2009, 23:12   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I will remain in the tentaive list till the last minute. The kiddo has not yet got his School Diary which sets out dates of tests, exams etc. Arriving late night on Sunday too is not a good idea as he has to be packed off to school at least on Monday. One idea I am toying with is to hitch a ride on the way out and fly back or vice-versa.

Cheers,
Perfectly understand your predicament Ravvs, Please take your time and confirm whenever you can. Your most welcome to join us on drive and fly back or vice-versa whichever is comfortable to you. But, just make sure your there with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
hey i am from vizag but my native is hyd, bade bhai hum bhi achi hyderabadi bolete hai. can i take part. If yes, put me in tentative. I might fly directly and join you guys at goa.
Salam Walekum Abbas bhai, your more than welcome

Added you in tentative list. Our dates are confirmed, so as soon as its decided from your end, you need to book the flight tickets ASAP

@Folks, its alarming to see the tentative list is growing rapidly whereas the confirmed list is not. Can we reverse this situation? LOL !!!

Event : Hyderabad TBHP-Drive meet to GOA
When : July 23rd,2009-July26th, 2009
Where we staying : North Goa, close to Calangute Beach

Confirmed Names
1. Mobike008
2. Rajesh Rawal
3. Pulsar56
4. Absynthguzzler
5. Jairaj Singh ( Mobike008's Cousin)
6. Nagvasireddy + 3 Friends
7. Himanshu
8. Suren181 + 1 or 2

Tentative Names ( To be confirmed latest by June 30th)
1. Anurag_P80 + 1
2. Theodre_Ftw
3. Downsouth + 1
4. kkr2k2 (by air)
5. Vnabhi
6. Ravvenddra
7. Abbas
Old 16th June 2009, 10:35   #29
BHPian

Glad to see much participation for the DRIVE, well at least on the discussion. Redcircle, McLaren, Abbas it would be great if all of you can make it. Ravveendrra, echo Avi's sentiment, you gotta be there man, mode don't matter.

How about adding ASHISHPALLOD, guess he is quite a regular on the Hyd threads and this is the opportunity for us to meet him.

Last edited by anurag_p80 : 16th June 2009 at 10:36.
Old 16th June 2009, 10:38   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885 View Post
Only if our hyderabadi boys are ready to wait till then
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks