Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2009, 13:56   #16
BHPian

When are we planning for the Golf meet? Any tentative dates?
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:05   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
For all you folks..19th hole is not on the Golf course.Traditionally in English Golf game..ending up at 19th hole,stands for finishing 18th hole and moving on to a pub to drink like a hole...hence the pub is the 19th hole...this is followed in UK and Australia where i learnt my Golfing.
The bar at Army Golf course, Bolarum is indeed called "19th Hole".

As far the venue is concerned, we can choose between the Army Golf course or the one at Biulder Hills or the one near Golconda (9-hole course) maintained by Hyderabad Golf Association.
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:06   #18
BHPian

I am in for any Dinner meets this month, unfortunately cant go out with the team to GOA. July 10th, thats next week I am in.
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:26   #19
BHPian

Would like to meet you guys at the next meet, after 10th July. Many of your faces are already familiar to me from the hundreds of photos on the meet threads.

If it is a golf meet, great. Not because I play golf but because I have never set foot on a course before.

Was planning to go for the Hyd international auto show in any case - there will probably be plenty of us there.

OT - who has a red Swift with a racing stripe? Saw one with the Live to Drive sticker in the Spar basement parking last week - my first sighting in Hyderabad.
Old 2nd July 2009, 14:59   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Woa Woa ! We are deviating from the topic. I doubt if we ever going to have a golf meet. It can only happen when the member who ushers us into the course is ready to lose his membership.

Now back to topic, are we all game for a dinner meet on July 10th? It would be nice to see some new faces

Let the aye's flow in !!!
Old 2nd July 2009, 15:18   #21
Senior - BHPian

Im in for Dinner meet on 10th.
Old 3rd July 2009, 11:53   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Somebody Royally Challenge me and then maybe, just maybe, I may be able to get the Golf Stick, Bat errr.. whatever to strike the ball. Game anyone?
Boss, consider yourself challenged!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagvasireddy View Post
The bar at Army Golf course, Bolarum is indeed called "19th Hole".

As far the venue is concerned, we can choose between the Army Golf course or the one at Biulder Hills or the one near Golconda (9-hole course) maintained by Hyderabad Golf Association.
:-" Do I smell an invitation here?

Quote:
Im in for Dinner meet on 10th.
Me too, me too!

List of confirmations:

1. Hillram
2. B.Ravveendrra
3. Mobike008
4. Downsouth ?
5. Discobiscuit ?
6. Straightdrive ? - the meet is after business hours on 10th so it kind of fits into your time frame!
7. Pulsar 56 ?
8. Rajesh Rawal ?
9. Himanshugoswami ?

Venue ?
Time 7.30 p.m.
Date Friday 10th July 2009

(As you can see I have placed query marks against the regulars on this thread - they just have to remove the query to confirm)

Others please confirm ASAP.

Cheers,
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:03   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Ravvs, Let me do the honours of removing the queries.

My approach is add the names as confirmed till they extricate themselves from this confirmation

Dinner Meet Date: July 10, 2009
Venue : Hampshire Plaza or something similar
Time: 7:00pm
What's in it? : Lots of fun, unlimited beverages and unlimited snacks and food for a fixed price

Venue depends on who can accomodate us for the longest time with a great deal on offer. I am inclined towards Hamshire as i got an SMS recently from their cute hostess with her new mobile number

Confirmed List:
1. Hillram
2. B.Ravveendrra
3. Mobike008
4. Downsouth
5. Discobiscuit
6. Straightdrive
7. Pulsar56
8. Rajesh Rawal
9. Himanshugoswami
10. Suren181+1
11. Anurag_p80
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
. I am inclined towards Hamshire as i got an SMS recently from their cute hostess with her new mobile number

U just said the magic words buddy- I am in for sure
Old 3rd July 2009, 12:12   #25
BHPian

Review meet a Bangalore on 10th. somebody is trying to sabotage my meet/rides with team bhp..first the Bidar drive meet and now this.
Old 3rd July 2009, 13:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

Im in for Hampshire Plaza....its a sort of Ghazal nite too.
Guys i just saw this ad in You & I Magazine about an interesting offer at Hampshire Plaza(Cassia restaurant).
Its a Midnight Buffet,Unlimited Selected Beverages for Rs.399.The menu is as below:
-Paya Shorba
-Haleem
-Biryani
-Live Counter of Kheema Pav
-Desserts

Avi,could you check with the cute hostess,with whom you are in touch with if she can give us a better offer.

Last edited by hillram : 3rd July 2009 at 13:47.
Old 3rd July 2009, 15:17   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Im in for Hampshire Plaza....its a sort of Ghazal nite too.
Guys i just saw this ad in You & I Magazine about an interesting offer at Hampshire Plaza(Cassia restaurant).
Its a Midnight Buffet,Unlimited Selected Beverages for Rs.399.The menu is as below:
-Paya Shorba
-Haleem
-Biryani
-Live Counter of Kheema Pav
-Desserts

Avi,could you check with the cute hostess,with whom you are in touch with if she can give us a better offer.

Midnight buffet starts from 11:30pm in the night Ram, Do you want all of us to be thrown out of our respective houses?
Old 3rd July 2009, 15:40   #28
Senior - BHPian

He He avi..CUG record is always post 1.00am toget back home..im sure the better halves have got used to this.
Old 5th July 2009, 13:51   #29
Senior - BHPian

Last Post was on 3rd July 15.40..whats happening Hyd T-Bhpains.
We have seriously decided to have the following meets this month:
1. RC Car & Aeroplane Meet (that would involve drive to Vikarabad Lake or simply at Sanjeeviaih Park):GetSurya has a Piper Plane,I have a Eurocopter and an Aston Martin DBS.Suren anna has something too.

2.Rock Night : Anurag has seriously proposed this and this is a must this month.We can all Jam at someone's place and croon away to Glory...Anurag,please keep reminding.

3. Golf Meet:Quite a few enthusiasts have come forward for this meet.If any one can get us into Bolarum Army Golf course..nothing like it...orelse Golconda Golf Course.

Lets decide all these meets on 10th July meet at Hampshire Plaza.
Old 5th July 2009, 21:32   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Ram, thats an interesting line-up of meets planned for July'09. I am looking forward to all of them. The immediate next being the July 10th dinner meet. But, did you forget the suryalanka meet that we discussed also?

Btw, our meet yesterday evening was very interesting and it was great fun to meet up with the CUG folks and request ravvs to in his inimitable style write a review of the same ( request from suren chief) so others can enjoy the happenings of the saturday night do. People who were missed were Suren and Arun ( who didnt turn up despite wearing a t-bhp tshirt)

Till friday night when when we rock again

EDIT: Forgot to mention, our BOSS is back in action. Yes, i mean "Getsurya" who turned up for the Sailing Club meet. Srikanth, it was great to see you again after a long time. So my advice to you is chill for whatever you got upset about and let's continue to ROCK. Sorry, borrowing your line...LOL

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th July 2009 at 21:37.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks