Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2020, 15:02   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: Germany Meet Thread

Hello all,

Any meet will be possible only some time in month of May it seems, looking at the current situation.

Thanks,
Old 20th March 2020, 21:26   #137
BHPian

Starting today Bavaria is in lock down! Anyone from Bavaria?
Old 21st March 2020, 16:23   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Aye Aye, Munich represent!
Old 22nd March 2020, 12:31   #139
BHPian

Pretty bad here in Stuttgart. Streets look empty, super markets running dry, food joints without footfall, transportation systems sunned down.

Its #showtime from mother nature.

Hope things get better soon. According to the scientist who lead the way for SARS disgnosis and is leading efforts in Hong kong for Corona, almost 60 mio worldwide are at risk of contamination. I wish that never happens.

Stay safe all.
Old 24th March 2020, 16:51   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
Aye Aye, Munich represent!
Grüß Di!! Another one from Munich
Old 25th March 2020, 16:28   #141
Zed
BHPian

I 'press my thumbs' that the Freistaat spirit of Bayern wont result in a splinter group @ TBHP Germany
Its the second week of the shut-down and things aren't as bad as I was expecting. Bakeries, Supermarkets, drugstores and gas stations are functioning normally. Clinics are open but non essential surgery is off the table. My six yr old son needs a tooth extraction - the dentist and her praxis can schedule us but its hard to get hold of an anesthesiologist (boy is that a tough one to spell).
The weather is just fabulous and its great to be able to go out for a walk as a family.

Last edited by Zed : 25th March 2020 at 16:35.
Old 27th March 2020, 16:05   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
I 'press my thumbs' that the Freistaat spirit of Bayern wont result in a splinter group @ TBHP Germany
Its the second week of the shut-down and things aren't as bad as I was expecting. Bakeries, Supermarkets, drugstores and gas stations are functioning normally. Clinics are open but non essential surgery is off the table. My six yr old son needs a tooth extraction - the dentist and her praxis can schedule us but its hard to get hold of an anesthesiologist (boy is that a tough one to spell).
The weather is just fabulous and its great to be able to go out for a walk as a family.
haha! We welcome you to our "country" anytime to join us.

Even I have been trying to get hold of a Dentist for me and my wife but given the situation, its hard. I went out for shopping yesterday after staying home for over a week. I was shocked to see how many 60+ are still on the streets. Recently, Mayor of Friedrichshafen and Tegernsee (Bayern) have requested the Munich city council to close down its border. Lot of oldies are on a "Wandertour" to these lakes.

Given the number of cases in Bayern, specially in Munich, it would be better if these oldies would stay home, but no! They won't listen. It is as if they are all on a suicide mission.
Old 28th March 2020, 01:22   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Given the number of cases in Bayern, specially in Munich, it would be better if these oldies would stay home, but no! They won't listen. It is as if they are all on a suicide mission.
Seriously, there are still so many people over the age of 60 visiting Supermarket for two / three things everyday.

We have made a point to visit Supermarkets once in a week and get all the things.

We do step out couple of times in a day but we ensure to keep distance with other people.

However my 13 year old daughter feels really bored.
Old 29th March 2020, 20:03   #144
Zed
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Seriously, there are still so many people over the age of 60 visiting Supermarket for two / three things everyday.
It's the same here, the 65+ club is very visible in supermarkets. But without families, the internet and Netflix all they look forward is their daily stroll and a coffee and bretzel at their favorite cafe. I get the impression they recognize the risks because I see them keeping their distance in public places and queues. But if they retricted their outings to once a week or less I think a lot of them would fall ill - in one way or another.
Old 30th March 2020, 14:34   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
... But without families, the internet and Netflix all they look forward is their daily stroll and a coffee and bretzel at their favorite cafe. ... But if they retricted their outings to once a week or less I think a lot of them would fall ill - in one way or another.
Well not having the smartphone and social media affinity or netflix accounts is sure a good reason to venture out in the open. On the other hand, since we "passive carriers" (all those not in the high risk category), don't venture out much, it is a boon for the 60+ to enjoy their free time out.

I just had a look in the webcams of the German autobahns (yes, its free check ASFINAG.at website), it is so inviting. Completely deserted roads and no vehicles or minimum vehicles in sight. Wish this was the norm. Maintaining 300+ kmph in these conditions would be a breeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post

However my 13 year old daughter feels really bored.
I can very much understand. I hear this so often from friends who have kids. But, how is the situation in Hessen? We read that the Finance minister might have most likely committed suicide due to the stress caused by the present situation. Has this been officially confirmed? I just read a snippet in Deutsche Welle.
AlphaKilo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 15:21   #146
BHPian

I bought a couple of board games off amazon.

Much better than staying glued to the phone screen.
Old 1st April 2020, 21:09   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by batterylow View Post
I bought a couple of board games off amazon.

Much better than staying glued to the phone screen.
Steam and shadow is giving me company. I am keeping myself busy with F1 2019 trying to scale up the career ranks.

Surprisingly, the internet is very stable and this enables us to play multiplayer games with friends and family from all around the world.
Old 4th April 2020, 14:14   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Steam and shadow is giving me company. I am keeping myself busy with F1 2019 trying to scale up the career ranks.

Surprisingly, the internet is very stable and this enables us to play multiplayer games with friends and family from all around the world.
That is indeed surprising that the internet so far has been so stable. I observed a lot more slowness and instability in "normal" days. I have Kabel D and maybe the guys have stopped fiddling with the connections by staying home
Old 6th April 2020, 18:12   #149
Zed
BHPian

The statistics for infections and deaths in Germany is not that bad relative to neighbors in Europe. The mortality rate has slowly climbed to around 1,5% (still significantly lower than Italy and Spain) and new infections \ day is on the decline in % terms for the past 2-3 days. If this trend continues we may be on our way to reduced restrictions by end April or early May. Thumbs pressed. On a related note there was an article in the Bild with a photo of Frau Merkel in a Berlin supermarket patiently waiting in line. This is what the face of leadership looks like in my book: In tune with reality, honest and decisive.
Zed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2020, 22:30   #150
BHPian

Revival time.. as situation gets normal gradually, are we still up for a quick meet and greet sometime in near future ??

Most Viewed