Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2016, 17:52   #91
BHPian

Re: Germany Meet Thread

Well, i'm slightly off the place, in Belgium (Beerse). Let me see if i can sneak in for the museum trip. Was anyways planning to do it
Old 26th February 2016, 18:26   #92
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
Well, i'm slightly off the place, in Belgium (Beerse). Let me see if i can sneak in for the museum trip. Was anyways planning to do it
How far are you? Is it possible for me to visit Belgium and visit some interesting places for a day? I will host you for the museum visit though
Old 26th February 2016, 19:13   #93
BHPian

I'm in a place called Beerse, close to the Belgium-Germany border. This happens to be the headquarters for 'Jannsen Pharmaceutica'. its approx 550kms from Stuttgart. So quite some distance!

If you can make here, i can definitely host you for the weekned
Old 26th February 2016, 19:29   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumping Soul View Post
I'm in a place called Beerse, close to the Belgium-Germany border. This happens to be the headquarters for 'Jannsen Pharmaceutica'. its approx 550kms from Stuttgart. So quite some distance!

If you can make here, i can definitely host you for the weekned
That's nice. Not sure about staying over since I have two weekends with me. But I would definitely want to make proper use of the two weekends. Any suggestions are welcome. Not so interested in local areas since I can visit that on weekdays and Mercedes especially is not a concern because I work for Daimler. So I can manage that on weekdays.
Old 15th March 2016, 12:50   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
Cool ! If you manage to sneak in to the paint shop, do tell me what kind of protection are used there, that is one thing I've not seen. Incidentally, Mercs are very infamous among my German friends due to their rusting problems, would like to know why.
Paintshop is a sterile area. Very few people get access there. If you mean to say that the paint process is not sterile, then I am not sure. I work for R&D.

So I did achieve a few things in a week that I stayed here

1. Ride on the Autobahn in an *Audi* - Check
2. Travel to the black forest area - This was one amazing experience. Good amount of snow and a scenic train journey
3. Mercedes Benz Museum - Check - Somehow got boring towards the end, at least for me for obvious reasons. For a layman to Mercedes it may be interesting.
4. Visited an Indian restaurant and it was horrible. In fact I like the local food here. Had to go due to insistance from colleague who actually liked the food.

Anything else that should be on the bucket list in and around Stuttgart/Sindelfingen?

Last edited by GTO : 16th March 2016 at 08:20. Reason: Rule #11
Old 15th March 2016, 16:08   #96
BHPian

Quote:
1. Ride on the Autobahn in an *Audi* - Check
2. Travel to the black forest area - This was one amazing experience. Good amount of snow and a scenic train journey
3. Mercedes Benz Museum - Check - Somehow got boring towards the end, at least for me for obvious reasons. For a layman to Mercedes it may be interesting.
4. Visited an Indian restaurant and it was horrible. In fact I like the local food here. Had to go due to insistance from colleague who actually liked the food.

Anything else that should be on the bucket list in and around Stuttgart/Sindelfingen?

Hope you had a good time here, Stuttgart is not a big city so not much to see within the city apart from the malls, downtown, parks or few castles, but then this is common pretty across EU. Personally after staying here for >2 years, I find it boring. Talk about Berlin or Munich or Koln, they are special in their own ways, specially Berlin is an amazing city and as good as Amsterdam (my favourite EU city any day), if not better.

Since you are near sindelfingen, you can try the IND restaurant Kohinoor (or may be you have been there already), I haven't been there personally, but heard lot of good comments from people around. A must try IMO. The Ikea store nearby is Europe's largest I think.

ok, quickly few places in stuttgart worth a Visit:
1. City Center
2. Ludwigsburg Castle
3. TV Tower (last stop for StrasseBahn U15)
4. Killesberg Park (for relaxing evening, but a low priority)

Ping me next time you are here.

Cheers
Shiv

Last edited by GTO : 16th March 2016 at 08:21. Reason: Rule #11
Old 15th March 2016, 16:38   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Hope you had a good time here, Stuttgart is not a big city so not much to see wi.

ok, quickly few places in stuttgart worth a Visit:
1. City Center
2. Ludwigsburg Castle
3. TV Tower (last stop for StrasseBahn U15)
Ping me next time you are here.

Cheers
Shiv
I will still stay here in SiFi till 25th

Where do you stay?

EDIT: Also I wanted to purchase some automobile stuff - Read Bulbs and a good Pair of Horns Any ideas which shop to look out for? The supermarkets I saw in SiFi have basic stuff and nothing spectacular. Any inputs from people here would be helpful. Will get them sometime this week.

Last edited by GTO : 16th March 2016 at 08:21. Reason: Rule #11
Old 15th March 2016, 16:57   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post

Where do you stay?

EDIT: Also I wanted to purchase some automobile stuff - Read Bulbs and a good Pair of Horns Any ideas which shop to look out for? The supermarkets I saw in SiFi have basic stuff and nothing spectacular. Any inputs from people here would be helpful. Will get them sometime this week.

Ah! My bad, I am out whole next week @ London for a business trip, else meeting a fellow bhpian here would have been a sure delight. Personally, I haven't visited any auto shop here, but I can quickly check with few of my colleagues and update you before end of week. Works ?

Slightly OT. Where do you stay in India? Bangalore ? I am there by end of May. May be we can catch up.

Have a good stay
Shiv
Old 15th March 2016, 17:17   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Personally, I haven't visited any auto shop here, but I can quickly check with few of my colleagues and update you before end of week. Works ?

Slightly OT. Where do you stay in India? Bangalore ? I am there by end of May. May be we can catch up.
Sure. Works fine since I have this week and the next week at my disposal. Just thinking of taking some nice headlight bulbs back since the ones we are getting in bangalore are locally made ones.
Old 16th March 2016, 23:04   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Paintshop is a sterile area. Very few people get access there. If you mean to say that the paint process is not sterile, then I am not sure. I work for R&D.
Why do you think I asked.

I've worked as an R&D Engineer for an OEM in India and 2 biggies in Munich and Stuttgart (both as a student). Was curious if employees from India get any special treatment

Quote:
If you are near Killesberg, ping me, may be we can meet, I live here. You can also go to Tübingen, beautiful city with a lively young crowd.

Quote:

Try this - https://www.kfzteile24.de/?gclid=Cj0...MBQaAmdd8P8HAQ

Spike
Old 17th March 2016, 01:37   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

You guys want to meet this friday evening for dinner near Stuttgart Hbf.?
Old 17th March 2016, 21:23   #102
BHPian

Quote:
If you go to Stuttgart you will find Saturn near the Schloss platz. I have seen automotive accessories there. You can also try the Mediamarkt right about the S/U Bahn station.
Old 14th June 2016, 20:11   #103
BHPian

Wie Gehts!

I am in Germany (in Duisburg).
My stay was supposed to be really short, but it is extended until next Wednesday.
So, that definitely gives me the chance to make a trip to Stuttgart - to the Porsche Museum!

If any bhpians are in Stuttgart or around and are planning to visit the museum too, may be we can have a meet-up too.

I am planning it on coming Saturday.

Any tips on travel/recommendations are welcome.

The most eco-way to travel is taking the Flixbus (30EUR Duisburg-Stutt-Duisburg) and travel overnight- whole day at the musuem there
Train is tempting at 75 EUR return journey, too.

Danke,

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 14th June 2016 at 20:28.
Old 14th June 2016, 20:28   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
My stay was supposed to be really short, but it is extended until next Wednesday.
So, that definitely gives me the chance to make a trip to Stuttgart - to the Porsche Museum!
I am planning it on coming Saturday.

If your stay gets extended again, then I can accompany you to the museum I will be flying into Stuttgart on 25th. I would suggest the Mercedes Benz museum compared to Porsche. I dont mind a second visit to it(but I can enter for free ).

Go there on a sunday instead of a saturday. Spend the saturday shopping or roaming the streets of stuttgart or even plan a longer trip to some place. Not sure of the name but Konigstrasse in Stuttgart is a good visit for shopping and food alike.

By the way for other staying in Germany, I will be there from this month end to August mid and september mid to december. This time, I have more of weekends to roam around and meet any of you. Looking forward to some great company!
Old 15th June 2016, 01:24   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
There are often lowfares available on ltur (19€), check online.

Quote:
If your stay gets extended again, then I can accompany you to the museum I will be flying into Stuttgart on 25th.

By the way for other staying in Germany, I will be there from this month end to August mid and september mid to december. This time, I have more of weekends to roam around and meet any of you.
25-26 June - taking a prototype S-Class to Austria for a 1000 Km road trip
Beginning October - 1700 Km road trip along Germany towards north.
Beginning November - 2000 Km trip to Austria
December - 10 Day road trip in Spain

If you or anyone here is interested to join, PM.

Spike

Most Viewed