Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 15th June 2016, 06:40   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Germany Meet Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
25-26 June - taking a prototype S-Class to Austria for a 1000 Km road trip
Beginning October - 1700 Km road trip along Germany towards north.
Beginning November - 2000 Km trip to Austria
December - 10 Day road trip in Spain
Would have loved the 25th june trip but sadly I will arrive at FRA only 25th night. Change of job eh? How did you get that prototype? PM coming up.

But I wont miss the prototype S-Class since we will be going to Applus Idiada and you know what we get to do there I will be in Barcelona for a week starting July.
Old 15th June 2016, 19:53   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
If your stay gets extended again, then I can accompany you to the museum I will be flying into Stuttgart on 25th.
How. I. wish.

Quote:
There are often lowfares available on ltur (19€), check online.
Thanks for that link. Looks interesting.
I think, this time, I will be checking out blah-blah car option! (as suggested by a friend here at work)

Almost finalized travel in a friendly bloke (in Merc V-class!)

Much more fun on road, vs in train, IMO. (/oh, more economical too!)

Quote:
25-26 June - taking a prototype S-Class to Austria for a 1000 Km road trip ..
If you or anyone here is interested to join, PM.
Sigh*
I will miss that.

BUT!
I get to witness this:
http://www.porsche.com/museum/en/veranstaltungen/

Quote:
June 18 – 19, 2016: Le Mans@Zuffenhausen

Just like last year, the Porsche Museum will remain open round the clock during the 24 Hours of Le Mans race. Beginning at 9 a.m. on Saturday, June 18, anyone can put themselves in the right mood for the highlight of this year’s WEC racing calendar, be it at the exhibition or in the area around the museum. Visitors may look forward to an extensive programme above and beyond the race.
If someone knows someone who works at Porsche & can help me just a little - like, may be- insider's tour or perhaps a "test drive" that would be GREAT!
haha..

Super excited,

After that, I have also been strongly advised to extend my travel & go to Munich, to visit the Deutchess Musuem.
If someone is planning any of the above on same weekends it would be fun.

Cheers,

Ace.

Last edited by driverace : 15th June 2016 at 19:56.
Old 11th October 2016, 16:45   #108
BHPian

Hello all,

Is there any tbhp meet planned soon, please do post here.
I'm right now based on Heilbronn and don't mind travelling to Frankfurt/Munich/Stuttgart for the meet.

Prost
Old 3rd September 2017, 18:53   #109
BHPian

Hello everyone,

It has been a long time since there was a meet in Germany. With the Frankfurt Motor Show coming up in about two weeks (public days), it would a great time to have a meet. I would guess a few Bhpians residing in Germany would take advantage of being here and attend the show. It would be great to sync up and visit on a day suitable to all

In case anyone is visiting on media days (12, 13 September) or trade visitor days (14, 15 September), do let me know. I will be there on these four days for sure. On the other days, I will attend depending on my college timing.

Looking forward to seeing a few of you at the show.

Cheers!
Old 23rd February 2020, 17:32   #110
Zed
BHPian

Given the amazing weather - and on a personal note a relatively light work-load - I’d like to propose a tBhp meet in Germany in one of the coming weeks. As a start, how about a quick roll-call for members Deutschland & central EU ?

I’m based in Friedrichshafen on the southern border two hours south of Stuttgart minus traffic snarls.
Old 3rd March 2020, 14:02   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Given the amazing weather - and on a personal note a relatively light work-load - I’d like to propose a tBhp meet in Germany in one of the coming weeks. As a start, how about a quick roll-call for members Deutschland & central EU ?

I’m based in Friedrichshafen on the southern border two hours south of Stuttgart minus traffic snarls.
I would be interested considering I am based out of Gerlingen, Ludwigsburg kreis.
Do keep me updated on a preferred date and I will try to mark my presence.
Cheers!
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2020, 21:46   #112
Zed
BHPian

Shiv, not many takers so far. Let’s give it a few more days. In the meantime the coronavirus has hit the town of Lindau in Bayern (first case reported this afternoon) which is around 25 kms away from where I am based. How are things in the Ludwigsburg area ?
Old 10th March 2020, 18:19   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shiv, not many takers so far. Let’s give it a few more days. In the meantime the coronavirus has hit the town of Lindau in Bayern (first case reported this afternoon) which is around 25 kms away from where I am based. How are things in the Ludwigsburg area ?
Hello Zed,

I am based in Seeheim-Jugenheim (near Darmstadt) and fortunately the number of cases of Corona Virus in Hessen is less than 30 as of now.

But the fear in peoples mind is at the highest level.

Thanks,
Old 10th March 2020, 20:12   #114

Hello all,

I live in Antwerp, Belgium but would love to join for a meet or a drive if something comes up.

I was in Winterberg over the weekend and it wasn't less crowded per se considering the corona panic.

Regards,
Kiron
Old 10th March 2020, 20:24   #115
Zed
BHPian

Good to hear from you Jignesh. I’m counting on a few more interesting members to confirm before we start discussing a date and a location.
Supermarket shelves out here are out of toilet rolls, hand sanitizers and anti bacterial handwashes. Stocks of pasta were low last week but shelves have been restocked this week. My gut feel is that the situation will get worse in southern Germany in the coming weeks, before things start shifting towards normalcy. Thumbs pressed !
Old 11th March 2020, 13:32   #116
BHPian

Hello all.
good to see the thread back alive. great to see know two of you guys are located in BW.
Cheers!!!
Old 11th March 2020, 18:52   #117
Zed
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_slager View Post
Hello all,

I live in Antwerp, Belgium but would love to join for a meet or a drive if something comes up
Regards,
Kiron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arunshek View Post
Hello all.
good to see the thread back alive. great to see know two of you guys are located in BW.
Cheers!!!
Kiron, Arunshek, good to hear from you guys. We seem to be gaining some momentum towards a TBhp meet up.

Stuttgart is quite a long drive / ride for you, isn’t it Kiron? Or are you like me - just looking for a half decent excuse to hit the road..

All of you that have responded to this thread - pls feel free to start pitching dates and places for the meet. My preference is a late afternoon on a weekday. Stuttgart , Munich or anyplace around or in between works for me. So does Freiburg / the Black Forest region.
Old 11th March 2020, 19:04   #118

Quote:
Kiron, Arunshek, good to hear from you guys. We seem to be gaining some momentum towards a TBhp meet up.

Stuttgart is quite a long drive / ride for you, isn’t it Kiron? Or are you like me - just looking for a half decent excuse to hit the road..
Zed, I would love to make it if the meet is in a weekend. I have never visited Stuttgart, so it will be a nice weekend drive, a night stay over and then drive back the next day. And of course, any excuse to hit the road is the best excuse.
Old 11th March 2020, 20:21   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
I would be interested considering I am based out of Gerlingen, Ludwigsburg kreis.
Do keep me updated on a preferred date and I will try to mark my presence.
Cheers!
Gosh, there was a bhpian living right next door, and I never knew it

I lived in Gerlingen Siedlung for 2 years, but left Germany few months back.

Spike
Old 11th March 2020, 21:27   #120
BHPian

Guys, we have a so called "Tbhp Germany" group on Whatsapp. Does it makes sense you PM me your contacts and I add you to the group where we can plan and discuss the next meet(s) ?

Most Viewed