Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2009, 11:33   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Ninja asked me midway - What's wrong with you? Are you ok? Why are you driving so slow ?!

Topped up today. 42.9l for 590kms. 13.75kmpl !
Ninja is probably used to double that speed. I would have asked the same question to you, had I been with you.

Finally you get 12+ on the highway !!.
Old 17th August 2009, 12:04   #77
Senior - BHPian

@Anirban: Lovely pics, great captions! I'll take credit for some of the profile shots, including my favourite - "The Shock"!

Phoenix was outstanding to drive in the wet - really enjoyed myself. The car felt planted at all times, even at triple digit speeds. And I was happy to note that I could keep up with the modded rally Esteem! But Saurabh was probably taking it easy on me!

Xeta and I had a nice time trying out various genres of music on the new Carbon+Radioactive ICE setup. Didn't disappoint!
Old 17th August 2009, 14:25   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Phoenix was outstanding to drive in the wet - really enjoyed myself. The car felt planted at all times, even at triple digit speeds. And I was happy to note that I could keep up with the modded rally Esteem! But Saurabh was probably taking it easy on me!
Maybe you weren't pushing it either. Ofcourse wet track, safety considerations etc.

Initial few Kms on the return leg we had an interesting evaluation of the Black Hawk. I could hear the Esteem Engine at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) for a long time.

Last edited by 1100D : 17th August 2009 at 14:28.
Old 17th August 2009, 15:15   #79
BHPian

I was not taking it easy, but was not confident with the wet road capability of the MRF tyres. The topend has taken a beating in the esteem after the FFE. However, mid range has improved. During return, with dry roads, I did redline it on 3rd a couple of times, taking it to 165.

Phoenix appeared to be very much planted during the onward journey. Was not near you while returning.

@1100D: will have to record the exhaust note of BH in action. When I drive with the windows down, its appears extremely loud.
Old 17th August 2009, 18:08   #80
BHPian

Shucks, looks like I missed another great meet and meat combo! Unfortunately I was working on Independence day... talk about being a corporate slave! Grrrrr

Must've been a lovely drive in the rain. On top of it, I missed Razor's new ICE set-up. What a shame...

Great pics, all ye photographers. Made me miss the meet even more!
Old 17th August 2009, 18:35   #81
BHPian

Imagine the new benchmark in kolkata wrt ICE being right in front of me and for god knows what reason not auditioning it.
Old 18th August 2009, 15:52   #82
BHPian

I missed big time guys.But only that day morning something came up.

All the pics are lovely,and I wish I can check out Saurabhda's BH and Razor's New Ice at the next meet.
Old 20th August 2009, 12:10   #83
Icy

The photographs were great ... missed all the fun :(, only consolation is I did end up on the winning side of my cricket match. But need to have another meet soon and I do not want to miss out again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
We will organize another in-city meet by the end of this month - Zappo will be forged to join us. we will keep you guys updated
When can we have this ? Just a request - leave 29th Aug out - have my next game.
Old 21st August 2009, 17:06   #84
Senior - BHPian

AFAIK - Zappo is in Mirik with his car and family. He is busy enjoying the Hills. He will be there somewhere for 8-10 days (he started off on tuesday). Once he is back to Kolkata - he will take a call on the meet.

Will keep you guys updated.
Old 25th August 2009, 01:15   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabret00the View Post
@ HudsonTKR : Hi Sir nice to see you back on the forum. Hope you and your cousin would be able to make it to the August meet. It's just awesome listening to the timeless accounts of both of you.
just saw those pics - some really good and some too dangerous !! I am a careful driver these past 30 years [zoomed off the autobahn nearing Munster doing 210 in a Truimph dolmite (4-carb hemihead 2.5 l) back in Aug 79 (as a coincidence just 30 years back)
my trip's getting firmed up - doing a check of the car and the route - since 70 yr Mom in law - wife and daughter - got BP to help me out with the rest places
On another note - over the Indep weekend worked for 2 days on my aging 800 - head change etc etc etc as my son ran it without coolant and ***d the engine working on these mobike sized engines is no fun - give me 40s L-head 6 cyliner engine any day

Note from Mod: Please-refrain-from-writing-this-way. Go through the Expected Posting Etiquette before posting further

Last edited by Stratos : 8th October 2009 at 05:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks