Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2009, 08:17   #91

If no one is going to Lonavala and it is deserted, wouldn't it make Lonavala safer than Mumbai where everyone is? Though I haven't considered the low ambient temperature being favorable.
Old 12th August 2009, 11:11   #92
Senior - BHPian

There is a lot of discomfort among us for this meet now and it's quite natural. It's not about meeting in Alibaug or any place other then Lonavala. It's now about avoiding public gatherings. Alibaug is not immune from the flu isnt it?

I have to drop out of this meet. My girl friend has compromised immunity - she is a mild asthmatic.
Old 12th August 2009, 12:00   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
It's now about avoiding public gatherings. Alibaug is not immune from the flu isnt it?
+1. Correct!

Quote:
I have to drop out of this meet. My girl friend has compromised immunity - she is a mild asthmatic.
Nope. Compromised immunity is seen in people suffering from active diseases not asthmatics.
Old 12th August 2009, 12:37   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
Nope. Compromised immunity is seen in people suffering from active diseases not asthmatics.
So that means asthmatic's are fully safe and there shouldn't be any cause for worry? I believe one of the deaths was due to the person suffering from asthma.
Old 12th August 2009, 13:03   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
So that means asthmatic's are fully safe and there shouldn't be any cause for worry? I believe one of the deaths was due to the person suffering from asthma.
There is nothing like fully safe. They stand as much a risk to getting affected as the next normal person.

Just because eg. 7 males died and 3 females, doesn't mean that males are more at risk than females. It's just that in that case, the person was also asthmatic. Coincidence.
Old 12th August 2009, 15:17   #96
BANNED

Too bad . I was so keen to be a part of this meet & also for the fabulous weather in Lonavala right now.
Old 12th August 2009, 17:58   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am Asthamatic, and this is not a case to worry about. It is the general rule that applies to everyone is to be considered. Asthamatics according to my doc need to be a little more causious thats all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
There is nothing like fully safe. They stand as much a risk to getting affected as the next normal person.

Just because eg. 7 males died and 3 females, doesn't mean that males are more at risk than females. It's just that in that case, the person was also asthmatic. Coincidence.
, but a little more causion is required by asthamatics. I am ok with what everyone decides. It is a long weekend so most of the places would be crowded. I am in favour of postponeing the meet to another date. Better safe than sorry i would say.

Let me see if i can get my friend to give his bunglow at tiger valley. Food we can get from outside.

Last edited by speedy : 12th August 2009 at 18:00.
Old 13th August 2009, 11:14   #98
Senior - BHPian

I am in for postponing the meet as well.
Old 13th August 2009, 11:30   #99
Senior - BHPian

It's festival time so lots of holidays are coming up. Subject to this flu outbreak subsiding, how about a meet on August 23, Sunday?
Old 13th August 2009, 12:40   #100
BHPian

Sorry guys - Count me out. I have a 2 month old kid at home - I can't risk catching an infection.

I shall follow this thread to see if we are postponing the meet - sometime during the beginning of September might be better.

Cheers!
Old 14th August 2009, 12:46   #101
Senior - BHPian

Spoke to my friend but he is having a long weekend party at his place. So i guess we are off for now. Lets have the meet sometime first or second week September depending on the condition then.
Old 14th August 2009, 13:08   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Lets have the meet sometime first or second week September depending on the condition then.
I am okay with that. How about August 23? Or we could have a meet on the last day of Ganesh Chathurthi festival (Visarjan day).
Old 14th August 2009, 13:15   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How about August 23? Or we could have a meet on the last day of Ganesh Chathurthi festival (Visarjan day).
Aug 23 is too early in this situation.
Last day of Ganesh festival will be problematic due to traffic in Mumbai and Pune, some non vegetarian may not eat their likings due to festival.
Better keep the option of 5th or 6th sept.
Old 14th August 2009, 15:38   #104
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
I am okay with that. How about August 23? Or we could have a meet on the last day of Ganesh Chathurthi festival (Visarjan day).
Can't keep it on a Ganpati Visarjan day, will be absolute chaos...
Old 14th August 2009, 22:52   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The non veg guys would have issues due to the festival. The road conditions would be bad. Most of the guys would prefer september some time. We could have a bombay city meet if you want.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed