Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which SUNDAY suits you best? (you can select more than 1)
August 30th 7 15.22%
September 6th 13 28.26%
September 13th 17 36.96%
September 20th 24 52.17%
September 27th 8 17.39%
Aaarggghh! None. 3 6.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 12:27   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Come on guys.. for us old timers, let's finalize on 13th! Let Pranav have the final say since he's the thread starter.

@Pranav, choose and then PM the mods to change the day in the thread title and finish this debate once and for all. Then whoever is coming on those dates and continue the discussion regarding which car, where to meet, etc
Old 4th September 2009, 13:53   #92
BHPian

Apologies folks, 20th and 27th is not an option for me, will be in delhi during this time.
Old 4th September 2009, 16:08   #93
DNS
BHPian

there is about 5 % chance I can make it on the 20th. 100 % there on the 13th.
Old 4th September 2009, 16:16   #94
BHPian

I hope i'm not late...

Hi Guys,
Just found this topic...

I'm new here (been inert for some time) and if you approve; probably this will my first meet.. if its on/after 13th..

I will get the delivery of my GP next week and i'm looking forward to adding some miles to it so the running-in period gets over early. And the meet looks like the best excuse ...

Hoping forward to meet all BHPians on the fixed date...
Old 4th September 2009, 21:53   #95
BHPian

Guys, like Tejas said lets finalize the 13th, I can make it on the 20th but I guess 13th sounds better. So lets pick a date and be done with this.
Old 4th September 2009, 22:33   #96
BHPian

I can come on 13th but without my ride since i am getting some work done, 20th was preferred cause i wanted to test my new Diff on the highway.

You guys decide i am ok with 13th.
Old 4th September 2009, 23:20   #97
Senior - BHPian

These dates turn out to be irrelevant in most cases since about 50% of people give kalti everytime. I want to get my car done before the drive and hence pushing for 20th. However, if all works out well, it could get done sooner. Let's see how it goes, still over a week to go.

Decide the place, I'll talk to the relevant people and get a deal in place if that's fine with everyone.
Old 5th September 2009, 10:30   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
Decide the place, I'll talk to the relevant people and get a deal in place if that's fine with everyone.
I thought the place that we decided was Lavasa? Well i'm not too familiar with the terrain around here but from popular choice it looks like its gonna be one of the frequent ones like Lonavla or Lavasa. I'm game with anything as havent had the time to explore any of them except Shirdi.

@pranavt - Can you list out the options once again so that we can choose and finalize? Thanks!
Old 5th September 2009, 11:07   #99

Hi Theo,

I wasn't counting the votes. I was was looking at possible dates indicated in the list Pranav sent. Like people who had indicated various dates that are ok with them. When they HAD to pick 1DATE they picked the 20th. Otherwise they seemed OK with a few other dates.
So the numbers I'm talking about are not from the poll but the list.
Politicians are the only people for whom democracy works...

But since it is Pranav's idea, I would go with whatever he decides.

'best
Arun
Old 5th September 2009, 11:21   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
These dates turn out to be irrelevant in most cases since about 50% of people give kalti everytime. I want to get my car done before the drive and hence pushing for 20th. However, if all works out well, it could get done sooner. Let's see how it goes, still over a week to go.

OK. This is what i suggest:
Drive to Lavasa. Someone book ekant. Pranav, PM the mods to change the title to 13th. Now it's all final.
Pune guys decide the place where you'll will meet prior to the drive. Bombay guys, let's meet at Palm beach road like last time. Suburban guys can meet up before hand at Sahara Star. Townie guys, we'll coordinate internally on the phone.

Now no discussion on date and venue please.
Old 5th September 2009, 11:36   #101
BHPian

Quote:
My friend, as per the list, it is 20th, and 20th it's going to be. No point fiddling with dates now. I started the thread, so I decide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
OK. This is what i suggest:
Drive to Lavasa. Someone book ekant. Pranav, PM the mods to change the title to 13th. Now it's all final.
Pune guys decide the place where you'll will meet prior to the drive. Bombay guys, let's meet at Palm beach road like last time. Suburban guys can meet up before hand at Sahara Star. Townie guys, we'll coordinate internally on the phone.

Now no discussion on date and venue please.
@Tejas - Thought pranav was wanting the date to be the 20th (As per his post earlier)....did i miss something enroute? Moreover i thought we had more votes for the 20th as well as per the poll?

Can we quickly compile a list of who is wanting to go when without the preferences (as in a single choice between 13th and 20th)? Better yet just add your names to the list below so that we can get a final count...If need be we can have 2 diff meets at 2 diff dates and 2 diff locations...All i need is an excuse to drive out to see new places and meet new people!!Unfortunately i'm not available on the 13th else i would have joined in on both the days!

20th List:
1. Theodore_Ftw

13th List:
1. Tejas@perioimpl
Old 5th September 2009, 13:00   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun K Vaddi View Post

But since it is Pranav's idea, I would go with whatever he decides.

'best
Arun
Totall agree with you...For the people who cant make this meet there's always another one round the corner...its just a matter of starting another thread and driving down and having a good time!
Old 5th September 2009, 17:08   #103

Just wondering if it could be 2 drives so twice the fun.
Whoever wants to go on the 13th goes on the 13th, whoever wants to go on the 20th goes on the 20th and
whoever wants to go for both has double the fun!
Unless there's a limit on the number of drives per month which I don't think there is.
Old 5th September 2009, 19:15   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arun K Vaddi View Post
Just wondering if it could be 2 drives so twice the fun.
Whoever wants to go on the 13th goes on the 13th, whoever wants to go on the 20th goes on the 20th and
whoever wants to go for both has double the fun!
Unless there's a limit on the number of drives per month which I don't think there is.
Yeah thats a good idea as well. But I agree with Tejas about 13th.
Old 6th September 2009, 13:26   #105
Senior - BHPian

Umm.. Isn't the Italian GP on the 13th? If so, count me out for sure. Force India might have its first win

Don't know how many remembered this, but I assume atleast a couple more will drop out. I propose one more attendence check. At the end of that, whichever date gets the most votes will be chosen, promise. However, if many people who vote for the 13th then drop out, please expect me at your doorstep with an axe.

Last edited by pranavt : 6th September 2009 at 13:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks