Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 00:23   #1
BHPian

How many of you will be at the Singapore F1 2009?

Guys,

How many of you will be turning up for the singapore F1 this year?

I have already booked the general admission tickets. Will be very interested to know if any other T-Bhpian is going to be there. I will be there on the 26th, 27th and 28th

P.S Thanks to Suman and Tifosikrishna for their inputs.
Old 27th August 2009, 01:08   #2
BHPian

I am there on the super sunday race day event.
Old 27th August 2009, 01:23   #3
BHPian

Great man. Even I will be there only on Sunday. So I take it you got the general admission tickets too. Wonder how many of us will turn up there.
Old 27th August 2009, 10:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Is there any group booking available like the Sepang race? It would be great to watch the race together.
Old 28th August 2009, 07:45   #5
BHPian

Are you talking about amongst ourselves? I don't know. I have already booked my tickets.If you do plan to come you need to hurry because they are selling out. General admission is already sold out.
Old 31st August 2009, 17:24   #6
BHPian

Singapore F1 2009

I am seriously contemplating a trip to the Singapore F1 over the Sep. 25 / 26 /27 weekend and would love to connect with BHPians planning to go to S'pore. Alas I think owing to the 'Newbie' status I cannot initiate a thread (I tried couple of times!!). Can somebody with the necessary rights please help start a thread "Singapore F1 2009 plans" or similar.. Thanks

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st September 2009 at 03:20. Reason: You certainly can start new threads, please see : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_5
Old 1st September 2009, 18:07   #7
BHPian

After my last year's experience, the best seats probably are the grandstands at Turn 1 & 2. The 'Walkabout' also is a great experience giving a chance to observe from different points. A quick tip though if anyone has managed to get the grandstand tickets and if you will be walking to the grandstands from the marina side... try to position yourself on the makeshift bridge that crosses over the track to the stand's side.. (not allowed to stop on the bridge for long and to be used just to cross.. but can surely linger). Just to hear those F1 beasts roar under you and to see all of them charge towards you at 'green flag' is simply awesome and an experience to treasure . Hoping I get to do the trip this time around too!!

P.S. Rehaan : Many a thanks for helping start this thread!! Thanks!
Old 17th September 2009, 09:47   #8
BHPian

I just got my tickets for the GP delivered yesterday. I am getting excited
Old 17th September 2009, 11:57   #9
BHPian

I will be attending the singapore GP. Have pit grandstand tickets.
Old 17th September 2009, 13:37   #10
BHPian

I will also be attending the GP on Sunday. I have bought the walkabout passes for Sunday!
Old 20th September 2009, 00:12   #11
BHPian

hey, I ran with this strange problem. I need your advice.

I purchased singapore airlines ticket around 3 months back from my credit card. Now the card stands cancelled as i had some dispute with the bank and i asked them to cancel it.

Today when I talked to singapore airline customer care they said i need to present my card by which i made the purchase for verification. The card is still with me and i haven't destroyed. I mentioned this scenario to them and told them I can present my cancelled card and any other card with the same name. They said i need to come to their office for verification.

I need your advice:

1. Can they deny me a boarding pass on this behalf?
2. How do they verify the card at them time of boarding? Just see the card or swipe somewhere to verify?

The card was already charged at the time of purchase and i settled all my dues to card company so no outstanding left. What should i do now?
Old 20th September 2009, 23:12   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
hey, I ran with this strange problem. I need your advice.

I purchased singapore airlines ticket around 3 months back from my credit card. Now the card stands cancelled as i had some dispute with the bank and i asked them to cancel it.

Today when I talked to singapore airline customer care they said i need to present my card by which i made the purchase for verification. The card is still with me and i haven't destroyed. I mentioned this scenario to them and told them I can present my cancelled card and any other card with the same name. They said i need to come to their office for verification.

I need your advice:

1. Can they deny me a boarding pass on this behalf?
2. How do they verify the card at them time of boarding? Just see the card or swipe somewhere to verify?

The card was already charged at the time of purchase and i settled all my dues to card company so no outstanding left. What should i do now?
Nothing to worry about. They just want to see the card to verify whether you have done the booking and own the card and not a fradulant purchase. They dont swipe it, atleast in my case they didnt swipe it. This was with Kingfisher Airlines.
Old 20th September 2009, 23:36   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Nothing to worry about. They just want to see the card to verify whether you have done the booking and own the card and not a fradulant purchase. They dont swipe it, atleast in my case they didnt swipe it. This was with Kingfisher Airlines.

Okay, In that case i will have to carry my old card. I guess that would solve it.

Thanks

Meanwhile they told me that they will get back to me by wednesday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks