Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 21:42   #76
BHPian

Guys, let's ditch the unlimited stuff-that-won't-be-named options; they will invariably work out upwards of Rs. 1000/- even if you go to Volga/Zen/Amber types. I think the most sensible thing is to start the party early and make merry in the happy hours (stuff at 50% off). Guys joining in late can call one of the early birds and order stuff in advance. Everyone pays for their matter-that-won't-be-named, food charges can be split. Tell me if it sounds good, it does to me!

Last edited by greenh0rn : 31st August 2009 at 21:43. Reason: censoring
Old 31st August 2009, 22:05   #77
BHPian

So sorry wont be able to join, 4-15th vacation :(
Old 31st August 2009, 23:10   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
pays for their matter-that-won't-be-named, food charges can be split. Tell me if it sounds good, it does to me!

That's what happens. The problem is the venue.
Need to get confirmations as to what place all are ok with.
Old 1st September 2009, 00:57   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
@ Ishan JI. Where art thou?
Sorry Abhinav, was just tied up with some things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishg View Post
Im in for the 4th.

If all of us are interested in an unlimited package then i could speak to
"gourmet gallery"(south extension) and see if we can get the same deal from before.
Girish - That would be fantastic! Can we have the 'old' venue this time too?? Please, pretty please!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
How's Hard Rock Cafe , Saket as a possible venue ?
Your treat?? Sure, why not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitahuja View Post
OTOH - Will Castle 9 have ample parking space? Someone should volunteer to find out about their deals.
After 9 is ok, reasonable amount of parking after 9 is there. Might have to walk a bit from the car to the venue and back though.

So, let's try & work something out for the 4th evening then, Any venue suggestions apart from Route 04 or GG?
Old 1st September 2009, 02:46   #80
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Abhinav is leaving on 20th isn't 4th kinda early ?????? i will definitely try to be there
Old 1st September 2009, 03:06   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aZa View Post
Abhinav is leaving on 20th isn't 4th kinda early ?????? i will definitely try to be there
if its early then we can have another MEAT between 4th and 20th.hehe
Old 1st September 2009, 10:39   #82
Senior - BHPian

Ok so it means you are all set for the 4th !! Sorry - would not be able to make it.

Maybe I will start another thread about a mini meet on 11th.

All those for 11th / 12th - worry not

Last edited by vkochar : 1st September 2009 at 10:40.
Old 1st September 2009, 10:44   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
So, let's try & work something out for the 4th evening then, Any venue suggestions apart from Route 04 or GG?
OT: Ishan Ji!! Have been wondering who is Ishan JI. Okay, so now I know you. Hello Ishan Sir!!

Well that's another reason why a MEAT is important for new members like us.

Don't know the guru's well. Let's get this MEAT happening.

Guys how about "Turquoise Cottage" on Aurobindo Marg, Mehrauli. This one is a decent gathering place with unlimited food and all at :

1. With Bill will attract taxes/VAT INR 1000+taxes/vat.
2. Without bill (no taxes added) will cost us 1000INR/person.

What say??
Old 1st September 2009, 11:05   #84
BHPian

Are you sure about this deal at TC ?
Old 1st September 2009, 11:14   #85
Senior - BHPian

dont we have better options in CP? Ishan, where did we all meet (you, me, aza and fulelled)?
Old 1st September 2009, 11:18   #86
BHPian

Yes am sure!! coz 2 weeks back my colleague decided to throw a party at TC and he got this deal. But one has to walk in at TC to get this deal. For friday night they would accept bookings till Wednesday.

PS: This deal was for a group of 20+.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:30   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Guruji , Suman location.
Will give options accordingly.
It would be great if Girish could set up Gourmet Gallery for us - was one of the best "MEATS" in my living memory! I'm fine with anything in South Delhi - CP is bloody far from the workplace, then you have to look around for parking & then, at the end of it, we end up driving another 35=40 odd Kms back to Gurgaon! LOL, why not go for a D.R.I.V.E. instead!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Nope, you know how it is - too many cooks You go ahead & decide on a venue if Girish can't work out something.......you know the criteria. If no decent package deals, go for a "Pay as you consume" for the not-to-be-mentioned stuff & split the food equally
Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
The timing could start from 6:30 pm. Those who want to leave early can do so, myself included.
Agree, 100%

Quote:
If CP then no better place than Castle 9 (tried and tested I guess). Good location, reasonable pricing, they have a separate lounge area seating 15-20 that we can book for ourselves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
Just called up Castle 9 and they would be charging 1500INR per person/Unlimited...they would serve continuous for 3hours. This is inclusive of all taxes.
Guys are you serious. Please keep in mind that T Bhp also has young & enthusiastic members who may not necessarily be working or earning six figure salaries. Heck, even I would not go for a venue with a per head cost of INR 1,500!!!!!
Old 1st September 2009, 12:17   #88
BHPian

Suman, CP should actually work out to be convenient from you from NH8 side (Dhaula Kuan-Teen Murti-Akbar Road-Janpath-CP) and not many kms extra (I would say 6-7km one-way max), provided it doesn't rain on Friday (in which case, we might have to postpone our plans, I got terribly stuck last time when it rained).

Can we add a quick poll for CP/South Delhi? In which case, we'll accordingly proceed with Castle 9 or Gourmet Gallery. Also let's chuck the unlimited options, we'll make merry in the happy hours instead.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:23   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Suman, CP should actually work out to be convenient from you from NH8 side (Dhaula Kuan-Teen Murti-Akbar Road-Janpath-CP) and not many kms extra (I would say 6-7km one-way max),
Greenh0rn, thanks for the detailed directions mate but I mentioned "workplace" to CP. That is at Jasola. And, trust me when I say the distance back from CP to Gurgaon Phase V would be in the region of 35 to 40 kms. Done it many a time.

Compare that with a GK or Saket or a South Ex - heck even a Khan Market - would be much less. Anyway, I'm fine with whichever venue is decided as long as the prices are reasonable. I mean 1500 per head sheesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
Guys please make sure not another meetup meetup is lost to the dreaded package deal. because somehow I have noticed that if they do not work out, then whole thing falls apart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
Are you sure about this deal at TC ?
Shashank, are you coming or is this only time pass? There is life beyond IM too you know

Last edited by suman : 1st September 2009 at 12:29.
Old 1st September 2009, 13:14   #90
Senior - BHPian

Is 4th The final date? Tell me, so I can plan to come accordingly from Jaipur!!

As for place doesnt really matter, i will have to follow the signboards any ways whichever place you guys decide to meet!!!

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks