Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 22:29   #61
BHPian

If I am in A'bad I will definitely swing by for the meet.

Kartik
Old 10th October 2009, 13:03   #62
Senior - BHPian

hey, missed this thread, so its the day after new years day right, will surely try to be there, will confirm my presence ina day.Would be great to meet fellow members man.Also will ask few other ahmedabad members as well if they can join in.Just confirm me with dates, time and place.
Old 10th October 2009, 19:00   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
hey, missed this thread, so its the day after new years day right, will surely try to be there, will confirm my presence ina day.Would be great to meet fellow members man.Also will ask few other ahmedabad members as well if they can join in.Just confirm me with dates, time and place.
1) Date : Mostly 20/21st. I want to hear from more members what is their opinion. On 12th I plan to fix the dates. The date will be either from 20 or 21st.

2) Evening. Will be around 5 PM. Those coming from A'bad will be able to leave at around 2-3 pm, a time when there is minimum traffic on A'bad streets.

3) Place : Either of Mahi Valley resort, PG Vatika and Prakruti resort. Mahi valley resort is my opinion, but I am afraid that he is not doing brisk business, so quality of food can be an issue.
PG Vatika food is not good as per reviews, but overall its a good place.
Last is Prakruti resort, no issue of parking or anything, a nice place and its relatively easy to reach from expresshighway as compared to Mahi Valley reosrt and PG Vatika.

All the three thing will be finalized on 12th. Considering that this is after new year period, I am not expecting huge rush to all three places.
Old 12th October 2009, 23:24   #64
Senior - BHPian

1) Did inquire about Mahi Valley Resort and my doubts are clear, the food they offer is of good quality.
So I think we can fix the venue as Mahi Valley Resort.

2) About timing, I think that 5 pm we will all meet at Mahi Valley Resort.

3) About date, IMO, it would be good if we keep it on 20th.

So
Venue : Mahi Valley Resort.
Date : 20-Oct-2009
Timing : 5 PM.

The final list stands :
aaggoswami
advaitlele
the_maassk
Knighthawk
David Murx
Bapu ( from Ahmedabad )
Jeeper
Nisarg86 ( from Ahmedabad )

May join in :
vijaythacker

PS : It would b helpful if all members who are to join the meet send me their contact number. I will need it in future, also not all are active here on TBHP.
Either PM me your contact info or email me at aaggoswami@gmail.com
Old 16th October 2009, 00:06   #65
Senior - BHPian

1) A person named samir rathod, who had twice applied for TBHP membership but is yet to get confirmatio, wants to join the meet.
Can we allow this ? I am open to any answer, but it depends upon what other members have to say.

As I had posted my email id, I got a mail from him.

2) @vijaythakkar :
Can you post your confirmation ?

3) I request all members to give confirmations that they are aware of the meet schedule.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 16th October 2009 at 00:17.
Old 16th October 2009, 00:48   #66
BHPian

I am in Abhinav.
Bapu,vijay and other members from ahmedabad. You guys coming ? I might leave in the morning as i have to meet few relatives there.
Old 17th October 2009, 11:39   #67
BHPian

I came home late last night.

Started from Pune at 2.11 pm from Hinjewadi IT Park; and reached home nr. Atmajyoti Ashram at 12.50 in night; with two halts, at Manor for tea and near Valsad for dinner.. No traffic on Highway except for Thane - Ghodbunder Road while bypassing Mumbai.

Abhinav - I had sent you my mobile number. Would need your help in going to the meeting place, probably we can go together.

About Samir Rathod - He is surely most welcome. This is a forum for like minded people and though he formally awaiting for confirmation don't see any reason for him not to join us.
Old 17th October 2009, 20:50   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Abhinav - I had sent you my mobile number. Would need your help in going to the meeting place, probably we can go together.

About Samir Rathod - He is surely most welcome. This is a forum for like minded people and though he formally awaiting for confirmation don't see any reason for him not to join us.
Yes, earlier you had given me your number so I have it.

Going together was exactly my plan. I will give you call later on this, but lets keep it confirmed that we are going together. Atmajyoti Ashram is 2.2 kms from my place, so I can easily locate you. We will go together from there on.

I think we will have to wait till others speak out on Samir Rathod. In his mail, he has mentioned area where he stays which is a bit from our locality.

If other's also agree, I will mail him to come at the place.

I will give you a call later, and I think you have my number too. If not, PM me, I will send it to you.
Old 18th October 2009, 11:57   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) Venue : Mahi Valley Resort.
Date : 20-Oct-2009
Timing : 5 PM.
Am confirmed. But might not reach in time have to be working and so will have to start from Mehsana and reach. But will make it for sure.

Can you also please advise the address and directions to reach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisarg86 View Post
I am in Abhinav.
Bapu,vijay and other members from ahmedabad. You guys coming ?
Coming Sir but will reach later in the evening. You carry on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
....I think we will have to wait till others speak out on Samir Rathod. In his mail, he has mentioned area where he stays which is a bit from our locality.
Am Ok with Samir Rathod coming in.

Hope to see you all there.

Seasons Greetings!!!
Old 18th October 2009, 14:40   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
1) Am confirmed. But might not reach in time have to be working and so will have to start from Mehsana and reach. But will make it for sure.

Can you also please advise the address and directions to reach.

2) Am Ok with Samir Rathod coming in.

Hope to see you all there.
1) Hmm, a tough job, but here is what I think will be a good route for you.

a) Reach Amit Nagar Circle from expresshighway. As soon as express highway ends ( at the char rasta ), you will have to come straight. From here, you will have to travel for very little distance and you will have to turn right. Those who want to enter Vadodara city will turn right, you will easily recognize this. Go as the road goes and you will hit a circle called Amit Nagar Circle.

b) From here ( Amit Nagar Circle ), turn right 90 degree. Come straight for Sarabhai Circle ( also called Genda Circle ). To reach Sarabhai circle, you will have to cross an overbridge also.

c) From Sarabhai circle, go straight and ask for Chakli circle. Basically after Sarabhai circle, you have to come straight and go along with the road. You will hit a small circle first, but do not take turn. Go straight and cross traffic junction.

This is Race Cource area. If you turn left from this traffic junction, you hit R.C. Dutt road ( popularly called Alkapuri ), but you have to head straight.

Just after this traffic junction, you will come across a circle which is Chakli circle ( also called Bird circle ). Take 90 degree right turn.

d) Go along the road, you will come across another circle called Natubhai circle. Keep left on this circle. You are now on Gotri Main road.

e) Now you have to come straight and you will hit Gotri village. Keep on the main road. The main road is wide and be on it. Dont turn anywhere, go as the road goes. You will eventually hit some sort of twist roads. When the twist road starts, go along with the road and keep on watching on your left, there will be a board " Mahi Valley resort ". Call me then, I will come from the resort and lead you.

If all the above fails and you are not able to find directions, call me and dont invade in city. I will come and lead you from expresshighway to mahi valley resort.

2) I will mail him to reach Mahi Valley resort. I think today we have to inform him as it will too much of a short notice tomorrow.

EDIT : I will post some images later tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 18th October 2009 at 14:55.
Old 19th October 2009, 09:05   #71
BHPian

Just got back from Delhi this morning. Am on for the meet.

Bapu - call me and I'll get you around to the venue. I stay near INOX. I'll have two seats empty in my car and anyone willing to hitch a ride are most welcome!
Old 19th October 2009, 12:56   #72
Senior - BHPian

1) I am posting a few images here.

2) There are arrows at certain places that indicate the road you have to follow.

3) I have tried my best to show the easiest and optimum path that mostly is a dual track road till Gotri lake.
Attached Thumbnails
The Vadodara Meet Thread-tbhp-meet-map-1.jpg  

The Vadodara Meet Thread-tbhp-meet-map-2.jpg  

The Vadodara Meet Thread-tbhp-meet-map-3.jpg  

The Vadodara Meet Thread-tbhp-meet-map-4.jpg  

The Vadodara Meet Thread-tbhp-meet-map-5.jpg  

The Vadodara Meet Thread-tbhp-meet-map-7.jpg  

The Vadodara Meet Thread-tbhp-meet-map-12.jpg  

The Vadodara Meet Thread-tbhp-meet-map-10.jpg  

The Vadodara Meet Thread-tbhp-meet-map-11.jpg  

Old 19th October 2009, 21:49   #73

Hey guys...just saw the thread...ill like to join you tomorrow for the meet..Ill try my best to join you guys.

Anurag
Old 19th October 2009, 21:58   #74
BHPian

Guys,

I can be intouch through 9924993113.

Any inconvience, find me just a call away.

Cheerrsss...
Old 19th October 2009, 22:01   #75
Senior - BHPian

I missed out one image that I am upload now.

In the sequence, the image is 6th.
Attached Thumbnails
The Vadodara Meet Thread-tbhp-meet-map-6.jpg  

Last edited by aaggoswami : 19th October 2009 at 22:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks