Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2009, 16:40   #106
BHPian

Good going guys, another meet brewing around Utran.

Wish I can drive home again for this. All the best and do post lots of photos.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:04   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
This sounds intriguing . Where is it?
Can't explain within jurisdiction of Team BHP regulations.

Biwi and Team BHP both restricts from expressing and experiencing it as well.
Old 24th November 2009, 21:29   #108
Senior - BHPian

Do the next meet after uttarayan guys. just my 2 cents as to why?

i may be able to fly in from Sacramento to Baroda. Won't want to miss the meet for second time.

please please.

I can confirm though by last week of december if i am surely coming or not.

If not please do go ahead for the meet with before uttarayan if its not possible after uttarayan. won't be a spoilsport.

thanks
Old 24th November 2009, 22:56   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
Can't explain within jurisdiction of Team BHP regulations.
Biwi and Team BHP both restricts from expressing and experiencing it as well.
@jeeper : Atleast name this place. I would love to visit it when my entrance exams are over. I will need a change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Do the next meet after uttarayan guys. just my 2 cents as to why?

i may be able to fly in from Sacramento to Baroda. Won't want to miss the meet for second time.

please please.

I can confirm though by last week of december if i am surely coming or not.

If not please do go ahead for the meet with before uttarayan if its not possible after uttarayan. won't be a spoilsport.

thanks
Actually, from what I have noticed, all the exams in schools mostly get over just before Uttarayan. My sister is working in school so I could confirm this. I dont want a meed during month of December as the_maassk is travelling, I am having an exam, and let the parents take care of kids' exams.

Jan will be a different story. I have one exam on Jan 12th, after that I will be able to join the meet. Also its possible that some members ( from Vadodara ) may visit A;bad for Uttarayan ( remember this ? Navratri = Vadodara, Uttarayan = A'bad ), so it would be easier to get to the meet. May be we can travel to A'bad for festival and have a meet on Vasi Uttarayan.

I am waiting for opinion of others. My basic intention is to get as many members as possible from Vadodara and A'bad, and uttarayan is best time for this IMHO. Also this time we have slightly more time to prepare so I am trying to find a time when its convenient for most of the members.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 24th November 2009 at 22:58.
Old 25th November 2009, 09:14   #110
BHPian

Sorry Abhinav, I could not call you back the other day. Had a few meetings that got me tied up until late evening.

I am all for any time in Jan for the meet! Sure hope we can have double our last time's number of members for this meet.

@Jeeper - Still eager to know which place that is! PM me
Old 25th November 2009, 09:23   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

Actually, from what I have noticed, all the exams in schools mostly get over just before Uttarayan. My sister is working in school so I could confirm this. I dont want a meed during month of December as the_maassk is travelling, I am having an exam, and let the parents take care of kids' exams.

Jan will be a different story. I have one exam on Jan 12th, after that I will be able to join the meet. Also its possible that some members ( from Vadodara ) may visit A;bad for Uttarayan ( remember this ? Navratri = Vadodara, Uttarayan = A'bad ), so it would be easier to get to the meet. May be we can travel to A'bad for festival and have a meet on Vasi Uttarayan.

I am waiting for opinion of others. My basic intention is to get as many members as possible from Vadodara and A'bad, and uttarayan is best time for this IMHO. Also this time we have slightly more time to prepare so I am trying to find a time when its convenient for most of the members.
Honestly, i am not comfortable with meet on vasi uttarayan. its a time when we spend together with family flying kites. organizing a meet would mean two things, meeting at a member's place for kite flying(too crowded if the member count is huge) or meeting outside, this would be very uncomfortable. Like for me, it would not be possible to come for the meet on uttarayan as i would be doing it after 3 years, so would want to spend time with family.

If its on a weekend after uttarayan, everybody would be able to participate from amd and baroda. we can meet up in between or either at amd or baroda depending on member's view.

This is just my opinion.
Old 25th November 2009, 10:47   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
Sorry Abhinav, I could not call you back the other day. Had a few meetings that got me tied up until late evening.

I am all for any time in Jan for the meet! Sure hope we can have double our last time's number of members for this meet.
No problem Ashish. Jan I am thinking of keeping it on 17th Jan that happens to be Sunday. 16th is Saturday, so I am planning to have the meet either on 16th or 17th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
Honestly, i am not comfortable with meet on vasi uttarayan. its a time when we spend together with family flying kites. organizing a meet would mean two things, meeting at a member's place for kite flying(too crowded if the member count is huge) or meeting outside, this would be very uncomfortable. Like for me, it would not be possible to come for the meet on uttarayan as i would be doing it after 3 years, so would want to spend time with family.

If its on a weekend after uttarayan, everybody would be able to participate from amd and baroda. we can meet up in between or either at amd or baroda depending on member's view.

This is just my opinion.
Thanks for pouring in your thoughts. I understand what you mean because people do celebrate these festivals. I dont celebrate Uttarayan ( or for that matter, not even Holi, etc. ) but things are different for other members.

I am planning to keep the meet on 16th i.e. Saturday or 17th i.e. Sunday. Depends on views of other members. Once this date is fixed, the venue will have to be decided.
I hope you are comfortable with 16 or 17 Jan.
Old 25th November 2009, 13:31   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for pouring in your thoughts. I understand what you mean because people do celebrate these festivals. I dont celebrate Uttarayan ( or for that matter, not even Holi, etc. ) but things are different for other members.

I am planning to keep the meet on 16th i.e. Saturday or 17th i.e. Sunday. Depends on views of other members. Once this date is fixed, the venue will have to be decided.
I hope you are comfortable with 16 or 17 Jan.
There is a bit of uncertainity in my schedule. but if its after uttarayan i should be able to come unless something comes up. i still haven't decide when i would be landing there bcoz of f1 and h1b issues.

meanwhile, others can opine which would be suitable for them and you can act accordingly. as of today, i see no problems in making it.

hoping for the best.
Old 6th December 2009, 09:47   #114
Senior - BHPian

@vadodara/ahmedabad members.

If we really are planning for the meet than IMHO, we need to start thinking from now.

I am not aware of any place in Anand where we can meet up. If anybody has any idea, do post it here.
The tentative date I am thinking of is 17th Jan.
Do post your views here.

I will start PMing others once we manage to decide on venue or by 15th Dec.
Old 8th December 2009, 15:35   #115
BHPian

Quote:
@vadodara/ahmedabad members.

If we really are planning for the meet than IMHO, we need to start thinking from now.

I am not aware of any place in Anand where we can meet up. If anybody has any idea, do post it here.
The tentative date I am thinking of is 17th Jan.
Do post your views here.

I will start PMing others once we manage to decide on venue or by 15th Dec.
Abhinav,

Let Ahmedabad members come forward, so whether Anand is option or not shall be cleared.

Else in Baroda no need to worry for the place.

Lets decide first Ahmedabad teammates are in or not???

Cheerrss...
Old 9th December 2009, 08:15   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
Abhinav,

Let Ahmedabad members come forward, so whether Anand is option or not shall be cleared.

Else in Baroda no need to worry for the place.

Lets decide first Ahmedabad teammates are in or not???

Thanks Jeeper!
My exam that was scheduled at 24th is now going to be conducted on 20th Dec. So may be after that, I will PM and ask A'bad members about that.
Old 15th December 2009, 05:27   #117
Senior - BHPian

In my opinion, we should start a new thread naming it something like a Gujarat Meet or something like that. The reason being, members from other cities like amd and other cities may not be going through this thread. so they may not be aware of any upcoming meets.

so its better to start a thread where all members from gujarat can know something this big is being planned. just to get better visibility of thread and attention of other members from nearby cities. i think members can Surat, Rajkot, Mehsana or any other city can come to the meet too.

just my 2 cents. Else for me this thread is fine too.
Old 15th December 2009, 15:42   #118
GTO
Team-BHP Support

On a lighter note, you know what the cool thing about Gujarat meet threads is? Mods don't have to scan for potential violation of rule no.11

Nice to add faces to some user handles. Unfortunately, I don't think I've met a single BHPian from Gujarat yet.
Old 16th December 2009, 01:53   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
On a lighter note, you know what the cool thing about Gujarat meet threads is? Mods don't have to scan for potential violation of rule no.11

Nice to add faces to some user handles. Unfortunately, I don't think I've met a single BHPian from Gujarat yet.
How about joining us for one of the meets? We could meet up for this Jan meet. Mumbai to Baroda/Amd shouldn't take more than 5-6 hours with current good roads
Old 16th December 2009, 17:04   #120
Senior - BHPian

@GTO : AS chevelle metioned, we are planning to have a meet in Jan and roads are good from Mumbai-Vadodara.

Would love to see a mega meet where in people from different states meet. May be A'bad, Vadodara, Surat, Mumbai, Pune. But some other day. Its too difficult a task to make this meet happen. Dreaming about it though.

I am currently a bit busy with my studies, so after 20th, I will send PM to all members of Vadodara and Ahmedabad for this. If more members from Ahmedabad are ready to join, we can work out other option.

@chevelle :
you are correct we need another thread, but I am not sure how many TBHPians visit TBHP meet section. All of them are too busy discussing cars ( including me ). Even this very thread was not noticed by me. It was advaitlele who PMed me and then it worked out.

So I think that PMing will still be a better option. If need be, we will start another thread.

Can you confirm whether you are in a position to visit India in Jan ? I know its not that easy and hence asking you.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks