Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 17:18   #1
BHPian

The Vadodara Meet Thread

BHPians,

Just wondering if we can have meet (probably the first meet) at Vadodara around Diwali?
I would be visiting my hometown from 17th Oct to 22nd Oct and would surely like to meet fellow BHPians there.

Vadodara / Baroda BHPians, what say? Date / Time / Venue - your responses please.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

If there is a meet, I am in for sure.
About my opinion in place, I will recommend Kalayan hotel in Fatehgunj near chruch. Or Goodies restuarant near Inox or McD at Inox.
Old 18th September 2009, 12:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

i would have loved to be a part of this meet. but unfortunately, i am in usa rite now.

you know what, just yesterday i was thinking about such a meet in vadodara. i thought when i would come there in Jan 2010 or so, would schedule a meet.

i wish you all the success with meet. hope you have loads of fun

i think ccd or macd at inox will be a good option for you guys, other hotspot include fatehgunj. its rite in the center of vadodara.

and don't forget to post a report about the meet.
Old 18th September 2009, 13:04   #4
BHPian

Thanks aaggoswami. Buddy, you decide the place. I am ok for any place. I will be near Atmajyoti Ashram from 17th to 22nd Oct. My info about "happening places" is a bit outdated; have not been to Vadodara for last 3 years; last time I came; it was only for a couple of days for family function. AND I REALLY MISS MY COLLEGE TIME HANGOUT PLACE - KALYAN CAFE.
Old 18th September 2009, 16:56   #5
BHPian

Me is in too! AFAIK, the 'regular' hangouts would have too many 'junta' during that time. Personally, I'm more for open, less cluttered spaces (that is just me, maybe I'm growing old!). A resort outside the city, a farmhouse is more like it for me.

But, I'm not terribly hung up on that! I'll be in where ever the group decides - at least we'll have a meet . Am dying to meet some like minded petrolheads!
Old 19th September 2009, 00:11   #6
Senior - BHPian

@adavitlele:

I can get in touch with the following.

1) Abhinav Goswami ( its me )

2)the_maassk ( already posted in this thread ).

3)Anurag_Gupta.

4)joie-de-vivre
Dr. Bharat Patel

5)Ravi Kashyap

6) jeepswithsimple

7) Jeeper

I got the contacts when the TBHP Pan india drive was planned. We can also get in touch with Adityamunshi through TBHP.

@ the_mask:

Ashish sir, I am not comfortable with farm house meet. I too will try to find out a place such that there is less clutter and noise. I even thought of honest restaurant, but its just too noisy. If everything fails, the meet will be organised at my place. Its a bit difficult to find, but I will come out to a place, take all to my place. Its very quiet here as compared to the earlier places I have mentioned.

EDIT :
I can also get in touch with Kartik9500 through Email.

EDIT 2 :
A few days ago, ZTE contacted me for FFE. I had directed him towards TheMassk.
@ashish : If you are able to, do add ZTE in the list so that atleast we will have general idea about how many people are there we can get in touch with.

More over the complete list of people who are from Vadodara ( updated last during 2008 end ) :
3fast-3furious
aaggoswami
amanbhat
Anurag_Gupta
axat11pat
adityamunshi
agpcool
ajayamin
alexphill
animalistic
ashishsbhatt
atreyagm
bharat varsani
Bob
burntrubber
bryce
chevelle
chokxxi90210
coolcupid
Crowbar
gaurav46
Jeeper
jeepswithsimple
Kartik9500
koolguy_ani
kprashant
Mohan Sharma
nishadmehta
Possible.Car
rajhurtalot
sameerjindal
sanjayingle
Siddharthpatel
sn48001
vikas1188
ZTE

hotmale.sb
joie-de-vivre
narenjhatakia
peculiar1
rauf_sgs
Ravi Kashyap
SANTOSH77
the_maassk
trivedishivam

Last edited by aaggoswami : 19th September 2009 at 00:23.
Old 19th September 2009, 13:31   #7
Senior - BHPian

frigtemp in fathegunj was a good timepass some years back (read app a decade).
Old 19th September 2009, 13:34   #8
BHPian

If i could mange to come in Surat during diwali sure i will also join you guys :-)
Old 19th September 2009, 18:14   #9
BHPian

There used to be a place if I remember it right, "Hakuna Matata" on Sindhrot Road. Is that place still alive? Any other place that side?
Old 19th September 2009, 23:02   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
There used to be a place if I remember it right, "Hakuna Matata" on Sindhrot Road. Is that place still alive? Any other place that side?
I think it is still existing. I can inquire more about it. Its not very far from my place as I stay around 800m away from Yash complex. I will update you on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushargohil View Post
If i could mange to come in Surat during diwali sure i will also join you guys :-)
Sure, this would be a pleasant surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
frigtemp in fathegunj was a good timepass some years back (read app a decade).
First ArpanDiv and now you. I am surprised to see how many people have actually been to my city.
Old 20th September 2009, 16:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
IIRC, it has been remodeled, redecorated under new ownership. i think name is same or changed, i forgot.

its a gud place to spend evening. food is good, peaceful atmosphere away from hustle bustle of city. a good meeting place for tbhpians.

second suggestion would be Tandoor Restaurant on Vadodara-Ajwa highway. its peaceful, plenty of space, great food, good service. wonder if anyone has visited this place. i use to go atleast once a month, made up for a long drive to and fro. its around 17 kms from Karelibaug area. hope this helps

how i wish i could join you all
Old 21st September 2009, 09:28   #12
BHPian

Hakuna Matata - The last time I was there about a month ago, the service was pathetic. Took them an hour to get our food even though the place was not too full.

Tandoor - is a good place apparently. A lot of guys have recommended it but I am yet to make that trip.

There is another restaurant (I don't remember the name) just after the Sindrot bridge ends, on the left. It seems to be a nice place with a lawn etc.

@aggoswami - I don't recall ZTE getting in touch with me. Could PM him I suppose. I can PM Adityamunshi and find out his interest.
BTW - the Barodian TBHP list a quite a sizable lot . Did not know we had so many here! I know another TBHPian who just joined the forums (a couple of days ago) from Vadodara. He happens to work with me in my office - knighthawk. He would be in for the meet.

I think it would make sense to PM all the Vadodara members and get their confirmations. Some people might just miss the thread. Who would take the mantle - Abinav?

Last edited by the_maassk : 21st September 2009 at 09:32.
Old 21st September 2009, 09:53   #13

Yes im in. Thanks Ashish.
Another suggestion is Mahi Valley Resort near Sindhrot. Its on the banks of Mahi River. Food Quality is average ( though that was about an year back ) view towards the river and natural surroundings are excellent.
There's also a go-karting track near the resort, we could as well have a couple go-kart races on the track!
Old 21st September 2009, 18:35   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
1) Hakuna Matata - The last time I was there about a month ago, the service was pathetic. Took them an hour to get our food even though the place was not too full.

2) Tandoor - is a good place apparently. A lot of guys have recommended it but I am yet to make that trip.

3) There is another restaurant (I don't remember the name) just after the Sindrot bridge ends, on the left. It seems to be a nice place with a lawn etc.

4) @aggoswami - I don't recall ZTE getting in touch with me. Could PM him I suppose. I can PM Adityamunshi and find out his interest.
BTW - the Barodian TBHP list a quite a sizable lot . Did not know we had so many here! I know another TBHPian who just joined the forums (a couple of days ago) from Vadodara. He happens to work with me in my office - knighthawk. He would be in for the meet.

5) I think it would make sense to PM all the Vadodara members and get their confirmations. Some people might just miss the thread. Who would take the mantle - Abinav?

1) My job made easier. I was to check that place tomorrow evening. Thanks for warning.

2) I dont know exactly where is it located. Hail Google!

3) Are you talking about :
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
Another suggestion is Mahi Valley Resort near Sindhrot. Its on the banks of Mahi River. Food Quality is average ( though that was about an year back ) view towards the river and natural surroundings are excellent.
?

4) Ok, looks like PM to individual members has to be done. Knighthawk is here, another member from our own city !

5) I am planning to start it from around 1st Oct. I had earlier done this for Pan India drive + meet. Do you think that this must start early, so that others can get an idea of meet before they plan for Diwali vacations ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
There's also a go-karting track near the resort, we could as well have a couple go-kart races on the track!
Are you sure about Go-kart ? I think it was closed.
KnightHawk, a warm welcome on TBHP.
Old 22nd September 2009, 11:48   #15
BHPian

I think we should start PM'ing and getting confirmation as soon as possible. People have already started planning Diwali vacations.

The Go-Kart stuff has reopened. I had been there a couple of weeks ago.

The Mahi Valley resort and the one I am talking about are different. Might need to make a trip to both to check them out. Abhinav, game to check them out this weekend sometime? We'll get Knighthawk to come with us.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks