Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 17:43   #76
BHPian

Hi there,

i'm sorry i just logged in to Team-BHP and saw the invite. incidentally i was at Mahabi when you guys were there. i saw the blue Punto, and the White Getz stnading at the side when i passed by. You guys may remember me going by coz the car was screaming at the time :P. i was in a Red 1.6 (Palio) BTW.

saw all you guys there and wanted to flag you guys down but didn't get around to it as i was there with some other guys. was there with the bikers you might have seen (RSA) and trust me keeping up with those rats in the traffic has my hands full. hehe.

maybe next time

cheers and drive safe.
Kiran.
Old 28th September 2009, 17:54   #77
BHPian

Attachment 198639

technocrat checking with amey about his whereabouts.
Left to Right : technocrat, amoghchaphalkar, kumar_ranjan, hkanitkar

Are Techno Uncle... kidhar ho bhai.. tried calling you from Mapro but could not get through on the cell. do keep in touch.

Kiran.
Old 28th September 2009, 19:04   #78
BHPian

had a great time !! thanks a lot guys

only disappointment was that grapevine was closed.

@kiran : yes I do remember seeing you screaming by

and i had my hands full keeping up with the white getz .. i gave up pretty soon though

@sukiwa : nice pics. thank you very much
Old 28th September 2009, 23:50   #79
BHPian

Nice pics there Sukiwa!! Thanks for posting.

Cheers,
Dhaval
Old 29th September 2009, 00:39   #80
Senior - BHPian

Shucks! Like always i could not come, much as i had wanted to. Witing to see some pics guys.
Old 29th September 2009, 10:25   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
You forgot AltoHoncho!

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks Vikram,

Even I forgot that I was there.

Actually I was thinking whole time after I went back about the meet, though only till CC but for about 45 mins.
[ To me this meet seem to have some "eligibility" criteria to be a participant, those not fulfilling it, would be mere mute spectators only (very much like the spirit of tbhp forum), I may sound a bit harsh but thats the truth perhaps. The criteria very much visible was:

- One has to be a pakka "Marathi": Amazing to observe that while I could successfully survive nearly 5 years in Maharashtra without knowing Marathi, those 45 mins felt hurting. Appreciative and Good going folks, keep the Manoos spirit high but for the sake of humanity please inform upfront.

Correct me here if anyone, I thought since I didnt have anything upwards of 1.1 ltr under the hood, so I wasnt eligible for any ice-breaking there (I think thats the first thing we do if we've a first-timer around) ]

Apart from it, rest everything went good, the tea was good, the weather was also pleasant, the nearby biker-gang was also OK.

Mods: You guys may get a bit agitated on this post but thats the truth, Techno was there and ask him if he himself bothered to even speak to me. Let alone anyone else.
Old 29th September 2009, 10:44   #82
Senior - BHPian

It was a nice meet.

I rached Kiran's place aroun 7:30 & found him riding Ranjan's bike. We waited some time for others. Then came Dhaval & after some time Hrishikesh. We then went to CC & found the rest of the guys waiting for us. We then had some tea at the tapari as it was still some time for Mr Amey & get Vikram in his slow car

We chatted for a while & then zoomed off & then I got to know how slow the Getz 1.1 really was & everyone was simply amazed at its slow speed :P

We then halted for some nashta & then zoomed off again to Mahabaleshwar. Near Panchgani we got a call saying Hrishikesh is turning back to Pune as he had to return early. We then went to one of the Pune gang's regular place but found it to be closed. A few calls later we ended up at a place which was nice & expensive. So we ate little & then headed to Mapro Garden to fill our Stomach with the awesome Veg Sandwich & Strawberry thick shakes.

I got to a chance to be James May (Mr Slow) in the Getz 1.1 & I thoroughly enjoyed driving it slow, infact I was so slow that everyone in the car dozed off

We then went to Kiran's place & then Said goodbye's.

It was really nice meeting new Pune Bhpians, I wish all of them could have joined us like Amogh. We all had a nice time & amogh's Punto looked so nice in that Blue color. I hope you enjoyed the drive.

I must compliment comfortablynumb for keeping his 2006 Palio Sport in showroom condition.

Altohoncho had also come but I didnt get much chance to interact with him, may be next time.

EDIT: Just read your post, See I too have an alto & I came on a bike to Kiran's place, so your ride aint got anything to do with it. Ranjan is not Maharashtrian yet he didnt face any issues.

What I observed that after initial hadnshake you didnt even say a word, during tea everyone was speaking you didnt say anything, infact when we all gathered on the bridge you left again without saying a word. We even wanted to call but we didnt have your number.

Sukiwa do get your DSLR next time for a proper meet where you join us for the drive too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer919 View Post
Hi there,

i'm sorry i just logged in to Team-BHP and saw the invite. incidentally i was at Mahabi when you guys were there. i saw the blue Punto, and the White Getz stnading at the side when i passed by. You guys may remember me going by coz the car was screaming at the time :P. i was in a Red 1.6 (Palio) BTW.

saw all you guys there and wanted to flag you guys down but didn't get around to it as i was there with some other guys. was there with the bikers you might have seen (RSA) and trust me keeping up with those rats in the traffic has my hands full. hehe.

maybe next time

cheers and drive safe.
Kiran.

Yes we saw your car & even discussed the nice sound it was making :-)

I did call rohit(he said he would call back) when I saw you guys just before Khambatki & after that I just couldn't get his number & he too replied saying the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer919 View Post
Attachment 198639

technocrat checking with amey about his whereabouts.
Left to Right : technocrat, amoghchaphalkar, kumar_ranjan, hkanitkar

Are Techno Uncle... kidhar ho bhai.. tried calling you from Mapro but could not get through on the cell. do keep in touch.

Kiran.
Yeah Man would have been fun, its been really long.

Last edited by Technocrat : 29th September 2009 at 10:49.
Old 29th September 2009, 11:05   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltoHoncho View Post
One has to be a pakka "Marathi.......Correct me here if anyone, I thought since I didnt have anything upwards of 1.1 ltr under the hood, so I wasnt eligible for any ice-breaking there (I think thats the first thing we do if we've a first-timer around)
Hey AltoHoncho, please don't think that way. The language and the car you drive doesn't have anything to do with blending in & enjoying the meet. If you'd joined in the conversation, we'd have got the hint that you prefer talking in Hindi/English. But since you didn't, I (and maybe everyone else) just assumed that you were naturally reticent and preferred to be a listener. Also, whenever there's a group where the newcomers are in a minority, obviously there will be times when they won't get the inside jokes of the old timers; happened to me too in this meet. But that doesn't mean that you have to keep mum on all other topics under discussion. I hope this experience doesn't make you stay away from future meets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
It was really nice meeting new Pune Bhpians, I wish all of them could have joined us like Amogh. We all had a nice time & amogh's Punto looked so nice in that Blue color. I hope you enjoyed the drive..
It was great meeting the Pune veterans and fellow newcomers AltoHoncho & Amogh on Sunday. Will definitely be part of the whole meet next time, and not just the flag off.

Quote:
I must compliment comfortablynumb for keeping his 2006 Palio Sport in showroom condition.
Thank you! Will convey your kind words to my steed too!

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 29th September 2009 at 11:12.
Old 29th September 2009, 11:16   #84
BHPian

Quote:

It was really nice meeting new Pune Bhpians, I wish all of them could have joined us like Amogh. We all had a nice time & amogh's Punto looked so nice in that Blue color. I hope you enjoyed the drive.
Of course I enjoyed the drive. Thanks to the meet, I discovered the top speed potential of my Punto (or the lack of it !! )

And I also realised that Getz CRDi is not a car you mess around with

Thoroughly enjoyed listening to previous experiences of Pune bhpians drives. Vikram18's style of narration made them more interesting (and funny)

Sorry for my blonde moment. (Paying for the food and pocketing the coupon instead of submitting it at the counter )
Old 29th September 2009, 11:23   #85
BHPian

Quote:
It was a nice meet.

Altohoncho had also come but I didnt get much chance to interact with him, may be next time.
Sure sir anytime, will be glad to interact with you.

Quote:
EDIT: Just read your post, See I too have an alto & I came on a bike to Kiran's place, so your ride aint got anything to do with it.
Thanks. Phew !! she'll feel good now

Quote:
Ranjan is not Maharashtrian yet he didnt face any issues.
No comparisons and pickings sir it looks kind of retaliation rather than an expression, I am not Ranjan. He might be known to all of you. Mine was first time. Anyways.

Quote:
What I observed that after initial hadnshake you didnt even say a word, during tea everyone was speaking you didnt say anything..
I am sorry, actually after 30 mins of initial ample silence I needed tea, and I think that Tea was too good to neglect, I could actually afford to ignore listening to the only guy talking about some incident involving him and a common friend of you all.

Quote:
infact when we all gathered on the bridge you left again without saying a word. We even wanted to call but we didnt have your number.
Ask comfortablynumb (you'd the Palio If I am right), he talked to me in the end, that was the only interaction I had. Amogh also said goodbye, actually thats the whole point, It all went unnoticed to me and to the rest.

Anyways, no point on these small pickings Techno, I presume we're mature enough to let this go off and continue with the common interest on this forum. Maybe If I would've accompanied till M'bleshwar then we would've better known to each other.

Last edited by AltoHoncho : 29th September 2009 at 11:26.
Old 29th September 2009, 11:46   #86
Team-BHP Support

As always, the meet was great fun. It was nice meeting Amogh, Vikram and AltoHoncho. Vikram, I must agree that your car looks cleaner and better than mine. Way to go buddy.

Internet at home is down and I should be able to post pictures once its sorted.

@ Altohoncho, I wonder where you got those notions from. Hope next time is a better time for you. There is nothing racial or lingual about a team-bhp meet. If you had a problem it would have been good to break the ice there and then itself and be vociferous about it rather than making a silent exit and complaining later.
Old 29th September 2009, 12:56   #87
BHPian

Missed the chance to catch up with you guys, maybe next time..So when is the next meet/drive happening?
AltoHoncho, I will be a newbie in the next meet so maybe we can get together, hehe
Old 29th September 2009, 13:32   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
As always, the meet was great fun. It was nice meeting Amogh, Vikram and AltoHoncho. Vikram, I must agree that your car looks cleaner and better than mine. Way to go buddy.
Very much Vikram, very nicely maintained car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
@ Altohoncho, I wonder where you got those notions from. Hope next time is a better time for you. There is nothing racial or lingual about a team-bhp meet. If you had a problem it would have been good to break the ice there and then itself and be vociferous about it rather than making a silent exit and complaining later.
I myself hate to think on those lines moral, trust me, but somehow I couldnt digest the whole thing at all, It all happened circumstantially maybe thats why I am reacting. Nothing racial about it sir, Lingual YES it was. Its just that I came with an expectation of a "MEET" but neither I met with everyone nor everyone bothered to meet the new comer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhay View Post
Missed the chance to catch up with you guys, maybe next time..So when is the next meet/drive happening?
AltoHoncho, I will be a newbie in the next meet so maybe we can get together, hehe
Most welcome mate

No intent to target an individual, its just the moment which I faced and I wrote about it. Apologies again, to all those who felt bad, but I think its good to voice-out a bad feeling rather than live with it.
Please donot frame any opinion about me, I am very much a clear-heart person and hate to just keep good/bad within.

Last edited by AltoHoncho : 29th September 2009 at 13:34.
Old 29th September 2009, 15:25   #89
BHPian

AltoHoncho - I happened to arrive woefully late and hence never did get to see you; all I saw when I got out of the car was you driving off.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion but I think you might just have jumped the gun. Sure this was a "meet", but we've been meeting for years now and hence the level of comfort between longstanding members is obviously more and it just so happens that most "regular" members happen to speak/understand Marathi.

The only reason why Ranjan was quoted as an example is because he happens to be a shy individual who did take some time to open up, but now that he has, he can be quite chirpy.

Just as you formed a judgement that most members here are linguistically racial, it is altogether possible that everyone else thought you're shy or disinclined to talk! All you had to do was say, Hey guys, I don't understand Marathi". I'm sure it would have been a lot better to let it out there, rather than post it here.

Where you got the idea about your car being a deciding factor is altogether beyond me! What matters here is the "size" of the person, not his car!

Anyway, the drive was lovely as always, the company was great. The Blue baby is LOVELY!

Techno - The Getz needs lots of help to move fast. Why do you think I was wearing a Sparco tee AND Ferrari shoes? LOL. Last time round, my AEM tee helped the swift take the beemer but she couldn't keep up with the Palio. ROTFL. (SO wish I could see Amey's face when he reads this!)
Old 29th September 2009, 16:38   #90
BHPian

@altohoncho : This was my "first meet" with the Pune BHPians. Last week I had my "first meet" with Mumbai BHPians. On both the occasions I did not return disappointed. And the reason for my lack of disappointment is pretty simple. I did not expect too much. I am quoting Sam Kapasi from his excellent thread : How to have a successful and enjoyable meet

1. Don't expect too much

Quote:
Sometimes you look at successful meet pictures from other cities and want to have a meet like that. It may not happen. Internet communities have a way of appearing extremely enthusiastic while on the thread. The hype builds up and when the meet happens, it is often below expectation. Go with an open mind. You may enjoy yourself. If you do, that's great. Don't expect too much. That way you won't be disappointed.
Quote:
The Blue baby is LOVELY!
Thanks Vikram !!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks