Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2009, 15:47   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashank.A View Post
From Okhla just come out on the ring road. No need to go to Nehru place and all.
The ring road right outside the okhla phase III (modi mills flyover) is choc-ablok with traffic all the way upto the nehru place flyover. This is my daily route from office to home in CR Park. Trust me its bumper to bumper traffic and I cna never shift up beyond 2nd gear. It takes me about 25mins to travel this 4.5 km stretch. To go to def col, I will need to take a right turn from nehru place crossing and reach the moolchand flyover. This road is also filled with traffic during office hours. So its gonna be 45mins - 1 hr for me to reach def col.

Even if I take the u turn at the okhla plase II flyover, and take the EOK route, that itself will again take me 30-45 mins to reach the inner ring road and land up near lajpat nagar.

Anyway, let me know the final place, I will definetely drop in no matter how much time it takes.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:16   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravdebiswas View Post
The ring road right outside the okhla phase III (modi mills flyover) is choc-ablok with traffic all the way upto the nehru place flyover. This is my daily route from office to home in CR Park.
Sourav, I am in NSIC and take the same route, and hate it! But if you are headed towards Def Col, the much saner option is to take a U-turn from under Kalkaji flyover, take the Okhla Subzi Mandi road to the Lajpat Nagar T-point, turn left and then right from under the Moolchand flyover, then a final left turn towards Def Col that will land you safely in the market. Total estimated travel time from NSIC: 20-25 mins.

Btw folks, can we have a freeze on 4S? And on the meat in first place? Suman, Vkochar, Ishaan, GD Sahab, Ashish, you guys coming?

Last edited by greenh0rn : 23rd October 2009 at 16:19.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:21   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Sourav, I am in NSIC and take the same route, and hate it! But if you are headed towards Def Col, the much saner option is to take a U-turn from under Kalkaji flyover, take the Okhla Subzi Mandi road to the Lajpat Nagar T-point, turn left and then right from under the Moolchand flyover, then a final left turn towards Def Col that will land you safely in the market. Total estimated travel time from NSIC: 20-25 mins.
Thats the one I am talking about.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:28   #64
BHPian

I guessed I missed it in eagerness. Where exactly is everybody meeting? I might just make it at around 8:30 if it's Def Col. (office ends at 8:30)
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:53   #65
BHPian

So is it 4S then?

Ok guys. Will take the okhla mandi route. Havent taken that route earlier in evening traffic. Hope to reach within 30 mins then.

By the way, is it 4S then? Please confirm fast. I will be getting into the meeting in a short while and can check the post only after 6pm.
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:57   #66
Senior - BHPian

OK guys, 4S it is then! From 6pm onwards. See you there. I'll be leaving around 8.30.

Cheers
Old 24th October 2009, 08:48   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hey, this was a nice one with just about the right (IMHO) number of attendees! It was basically 7 "Purana Paapis" & 2 Newbies (greenh0rn & souravdebiswas) - Rishi & Sourav, it was great meeting up with you guys. Sometimes we old timers are a little apprehensive about meeting Newbies but you guys put us at ease straightaway!

4S is really VFM & we initially couldn't believe our eyes when we saw the prices on the Menu. And the discounts extend right up to 10 pm. No wonder its full & quite a mixed crowd - young couples, expats & ladies all thrown in for good measure. Spread out over two floors, its a tad narrow but who cares! One good thing was that we could hear ourselves speak unlike a lot of other places which insist on drowning you out with decibels rather than liquid! I would like to go back there again provided Shashank allows us to! You see, he has a knack of showing us great places (remember Storm?) and then refusing to go on second visits! So, lets see what he has in store for us next time around

Shashank & I were the first to reach & we got down to business at 6 pm or so! By NCR standards, the meet wound up fairly early (a little after 9.30) & everyone headed home to their families for dinner after some small talk in the parking lot, next to Saurav's Fiesta 1.6S (in that killer blue shade!).

The list of attendees -

VKochar - Cheap Guest from Agra
Hrag - Cheap Guest from Bangalore
Suman
GD1418
Souravdebiswas
Ashthedivx
Whatcanthisbe
Greenh0rn
Shashank.A

We missed Ishan & Praneet (who had to rush home because his father wasn't well, hope he's better now Praneet?). And yes......we especially missed Ishan during the Munshi hour (checking out the bill & collecting the money took a hell of a lot longer than usual though thanks to Shashank for sweating through the numbers )

And thanks to both our out of towners for taking the trouble of driving long distances through unknown/unfamiliar roads to arrive at Def Col!

So, that's it guys, hope to have another one in November?

Last edited by suman : 24th October 2009 at 08:50.
Old 24th October 2009, 10:51   #68
BANNED

Thanks for the nice evening yesterday, gents. Hope to catch up again the next time I'm in town.
Old 24th October 2009, 11:41   #69
Senior - BHPian

A great fun-filled evening yesterday with like minded people. 4S is a decent & reasonable place.
Old 24th October 2009, 11:58   #70
Senior - BHPian

4s or whatever - it rocks !!! Thanks to plain cokes

Nice meet, we actually got an in-sight on how to be an D-Bhpian and Mod. The work and dedication D-bhpians & mods put in tbhp is actually heart warming !! Keep it up guys... !!
Old 24th October 2009, 11:58   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Hey, this was a nice one with just about the right (IMHO) number of attendees! It was basically 7 "Purana Paapis" & 2 Newbies (greenh0rn & souravdebiswas) - Rishi & Sourav, it was great meeting up with you guys. Sometimes we old timers are a little apprehensive about meeting Newbies but you guys put us at ease straightaway!

So, that's it guys, hope to have another one in November?
Suman Bhai...Care to explain this one? I thought it should be the other way around, newbies being apprehensive about meeting the old timers?

But I am glad you guys had a great time.

How about planning a get together in Jaipur next. It might take the same time or less to drive from Delhi to Jaipur than it would take for some of you to drive within the NCR!!

Nov/ dec Jaipur weather is excellent and a weekened get together (with families) would be nice. I can arrange accommodation for you guys and also we can plan a picnic lunch or something. Those interested in offroading can also find lots of places around to satisfy their needs.

Think about it and let me know.

Regards

Last edited by deky : 24th October 2009 at 11:59.
Old 24th October 2009, 18:57   #72
Senior - BHPian

Dhiraj,

Suman after becoming a D-Bhpian is trying to be modest.

I had a hearty laugh reading that line from you about the time taken to travel within NCR. It may actually be true.

The idea seems to be pretty great but it should be a 1 day event. Overnight stay, for many may not be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Suman Bhai...Care to explain this one? I thought it should be the other way around, newbies being apprehensive about meeting the old timers?

But I am glad you guys had a great time.

How about planning a get together in Jaipur next. It might take the same time or less to drive from Delhi to Jaipur than it would take for some of you to drive within the NCR!!

Nov/ dec Jaipur weather is excellent and a weekened get together (with families) would be nice. I can arrange accommodation for you guys and also we can plan a picnic lunch or something. Those interested in offroading can also find lots of places around to satisfy their needs.

Think about it and let me know.

Regards
Old 24th October 2009, 19:32   #73
Senior - BHPian

Those who want to spend an overnight in Jaipur can come on saturday and return on Sunday. And those who want to be there for a day can start on sunday morning attend lunch and return by sunday evening.

I have a place (resort) in mind that is on NH8 just before you enter Jaipur. Its good for kids, families, jeeping etc etc as it has lots of things to do for all.

The food is pretty good (veg though).

Its just a suggestion, and you guys may think about it and let me know. Thought it might be different than the regular Delhi meats and a good way to please the better halfs too.

Regards.

Last edited by Eddy : 24th October 2009 at 20:21. Reason: Keeping it clean.
Old 24th October 2009, 21:08   #74
BHPian

Well, as said earlier, as a newbie, I was a bit apprehensive about meeting up with old timers. But rather you all made me feel really comfortable. It really was nice to spend time in all of your company, learn so many things and share many others. Looking forward to many more meets like this. But next time lets have some more snacks on the table. I am quite a foodie and love sampling food in different places.

Jaipur day trip sounds good to me. Am in for it. Whenever anyone is planning the same, you can just count me in.
Old 24th October 2009, 22:52   #75
BHPian

Sourav, bro, regarding the snakcs, you need to go forward and order whatever you want, and that would immediately be lapped up by others on the table

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks