Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2009, 22:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neel385 View Post
Hey Jay! Noble thought! All the best and I hope that the number of BHPians you meet will be more than 1!! Do let me know if you plan a trip down south!!
Neel, i wii lPM you when I head down south.

This is certainly a wonderful response. Much better than I expected.
Guys, I have PMed you all. Lets workout a mini meet along the way if possible and anyone who cannot make it to the mini meet, we can meetup quick along the way. I would like to meet as many of you BHPians as possible.

18th morn, I plan to leave Bombay by approx 7am and stopover at Palanpur on 18th night. So if you guys can post your suggestions here for a suitable meet location, we can then decide the time.

Cheers,
Jay
Old 3rd November 2009, 11:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi Jay,

Will PM you my number, get in touch when you are in Jaipur. If you need any help in Jaipur, do let me know about that too.

Regards
Dhiraj
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:05   #18
BHPian

wonderful. I would love to meet up with all you guys as well..

I am travelling Mumbai-Udaipur on 18th Nov
24-27 @ Kumbalgarh
27-29 @ Jodhpur
29-1 Dec @Jaisalmer
1-2Dec Jaisalmer-Mumbai Halt @Baroda most likely.

@jay sending my details in PM
@gd sending my details in PM.Lets catch up at Jodhur
@everyone would love to see ya all, do PM me your details and also suggest a good entree point. Most likely, I am leaning towards a straight drive to Udaipur and that may warrant fewer stops.

Old 11th November 2009, 12:56   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Spawn,

Six hours for 600 kms is terrific going. That makes it 100 kmph.
Was it your car or your spirited driving or both which helped you accomplish that?
I was counting up the miles, in my view it is about 764 kms from Bombay (suburbs) to Udaipur, via Udvada; I plan to go from Bombay to Udaipur via a detour to Udvada.

Now, assuming I do Bombay-Udvada on day 1 ( spend the night in Udvada) and start at 8 am from there, the approx. 580 kms to Udaipur should take me, with pit stops for food, fuel and toilet, about nine hours. Is that a correct estimate?

For calculations on distance, I have used the Eicher Road Map.

P.S. : My route would be Bombay -Dahanu - Udvada.
Then, Udavada -NH8-Baroda-NE1-Ahmedabad - NH8 - Prantij-Himmatnagar-Shamlaji-Rishabhdev-Udaipur.

Regards
Sorry for the late reply to this I have been terribly busy. Well it took me 3.5 hours from south mumbai to valsad (210 Kms) and then from there to Udaipur is about 600 kms. which took us 6 hours. We only made one stop at valsad at our farmhouse and we picked up packed food for the way to shave off time. It helped that my dad and brother were also driving so we did about 3 hours for each person.
Old 11th November 2009, 14:02   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by longford View Post
wonderful. I would love to meet up with all you guys as well..

I am travelling Mumbai-Udaipur on 18th Nov
24-27 @ Kumbalgarh
27-29 @ Jodhpur
29-1 Dec @Jaisalmer
1-2Dec Jaisalmer-Mumbai Halt @Baroda most likely.

@jay sending my details in PM
@gd sending my details in PM.Lets catch up at Jodhur
@everyone would love to see ya all, do PM me your details and also suggest a good entree point. Most likely, I am leaning towards a straight drive to Udaipur and that may warrant fewer stops.

Longford,

I will be doing Udaipur-Chittaurgarh-Kumbhalgarh-Mount Abu ( basically the Mewar circuit) next year. As a result of my searches for hotel accommodation, I have come to the conclusion that I should set up Udaipur as a base and make day long trips from there. So I am planning a day long trip to Ranakpur-Kumbhalgarh. Any inputs on the route from Udaipur to Ranakpur and thence to Kumbhalgarh? How much time will the route take? How much time should one spend in Kumbhalgarh?

Also anyone here with inputs on very, very clean hotels in Mount Abu, with lifts or with rooms (doubles) on the ground floor, with minimum climbing of stairs?

Regards
Old 11th November 2009, 14:13   #21
BHPian

issigonis,

Will definitely get you the details on the road state and timings there after the 25th.
Will be leaving on the 18th and be in Udaipur till 23rd. During my stay at udaipur, will be visiting Ranakpur and Chitaurgarh et al.

Anyway I am staying in Kumbalgarh for 3 nights, so may do the fort visit during that stay.

Hope to do some twitter and facebook updates en route. Wish TBHP had a mobile client version; could have updated there as well.

Saw a good looking hotel called Palanpur Palace Resort in Mt Abu. Looked cool and comfortable. Here is the link The Palanpur Palace - Mount Abu offers the most spacious rooms & suites among
Old 11th November 2009, 15:00   #22
BHPian

Longford,

Thank you. Will check your posts re. Kumbhalgarh.

Re. Palanpur, have beaten you to it - checked it out on the web but you see what you see on the web mayn't be what you get- caveat emptor

Regards
Old 11th November 2009, 17:22   #23
Senior - BHPian

I am in Jaipur. Let me know whenever anyone visiting Jaipur, would be glad to meet.
Old 16th November 2009, 18:32   #24
Senior - BHPian

I think you are planning to start this trip on 18th. As soon as you reach surat, give me a call. We will then decide where to meet.
Old 19th November 2009, 14:11   #25
BHPian

@Abhinav. Did you meet him ? update us on it.
Old 19th November 2009, 16:35   #26
BHPian

Nisarg,

There's been a change of plans. Sadly a relative of his has passed away and hence the trip has been postponed as of now.
Old 3rd April 2010, 23:32   #27

hi all gujarat team bhpians...

hi there..
I'm from Ahmadabad..
do we can make plan to organize meet in Ahmadabad...
if any one is interested...do reply me on kbhavsarus@gmail.com

ride safe ......KB"

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks