Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Select all the checkboxes that apply to you.
I am willing to attend on 5th Dec 2009 16 66.67%
I am willing to attend on 6th Dec 2009 21 87.50%
I am non-vegeterian 11 45.83%
I am vegeterian 12 50.00%
I am attending alone 13 54.17%
I am attending with family (mention the total count using a seperate post) 8 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:46   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Fellers,

Its really not a difficult task organizing meets. Someone needs to take the initiative. Some of the "oldies" are burnt out/moved on - personally/geographically.

Follow these tips religiously and meets will be smooth:

1. Keep it simple.
2. Always heed consensus opinion and not individual requirements. If 60% of the polled audience can make it to a meet, its a successful one.

Last edited by theMAG : 23rd November 2009 at 21:52.
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:53   #62
Senior - BHPian

Now the first point.. Who is going to take the initiative?
Old 23rd November 2009, 21:39   #63
BHPian

Everyone:

Here is my take on this -

We have had a large number of meets in the past, yes, I have to agree that the numbers have dwindled off late, due to multiple reasons. For example, we have a group of people who like to test the speed limits on their cars and I would not expect them to join in promoting road safety. While this sounds conceptually good, in reality it is very difficult to do. Think about it - how about we get permission from the Commissioner of Police and organize a traffic awareness drive? Say a group of us get together and help the traffic police control traffic while also handing out pamphlets to drivers about road safety? Sounds good, doesn't it? I put forth the same idea, but sadly no takers. So I still did what I wanted to do, but outside of this forum.

Lets face it - we are here to learn about automobiles, share ideas, meet up one in a while and have fun. We are not here to change the world. So, let us stay with that.

Now talking about meets, I am very happy to see the enthusiasm amongst new members. Isn't it ironical that not many senior members seem to show any interest in this thread? Wonder why?

As of now, I am in Memphis, TN and am slated to be back in B'lore just before Christmas. I am game for drives and meets, just for fun. Spreading a social message is something I would prefer to do independently and not mix with team meets and drives.

Please do read this http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...able-meet.html by Sam. It is a wonderful guide on how to have successful meets.

Hope to meet you guys sometime soon.

Cheers,

Rajan
Old 23rd November 2009, 22:12   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
the one i am mentioning(who are planning for a ride to yelagiri) did not had any meet in Kanteerva and i believe they are the regd ones who have a office in sanjaynagar. I have heard about only 2 groups right now. Probably will try to get some info on that.
again. This is the gang led by Vikki/Lokesh. Their hangout is Moosa bhai's garage in Shivajinagar. And yes, they did set up a registered office.

The other club is loosely over the internet and is not formal. But hell yeah, we've ridden.
Old 24th November 2009, 11:09   #65
BHPian

Guys,
Well.. Looking to the response, views and availability of members planning to be part of the meet, this is what I suggest:
  1. First - The schedule - I propose Dec 6 weekend. This will effectively give us one more weekend in betwen to plan. Also this will have 2 more weekends for the longer holidays (Dec 25) to plan for those who will be off (I guess most of us).
  2. The duration - Some members have shown interest for a 2 day plan, however, personally I feel, for a 2-day weekend, let's spare only one day on this as there would be many other personal commitments to be finished, especially if family is involved. Hence I raise my hand for 1-day meet.
  3. Venue - I am fine with Yelagiri as suggested by Nitrous. @Nitrous - will need your support - lemme take the lead to flag it off. I am exploring other options and will come back with some good names in a day or two. Suggestions from members are welcome on the venue.
  4. The MEET - Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner ? What ? As i have already mentioned that I plan for a 1-day event, I suggest let's have it this way -
    1. Will meet post breakfast.
    2. The actual meet.
    3. Gather for lunch.
    4. Have fun.
    5. Finish evening snacks and tea.
    6. Depart for home.
  5. Family - Let's vote it out. Majority will be considered.
  6. The curriculum - Please send in suggestions, in the mean time I will also prepare some. Again depends on "family or no family".
  7. I already have the list of members who previously confirmed joining. Please PM me who all are interested so that I will keep on updating the list and publish from time to time.
Hope this sets the stage for an agenda.
Old 24th November 2009, 11:33   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Guys,
Well.. Looking to the response, views and availability of members planning to be part of the meet, this is what I suggest:
Very very good "DD". This is the way we can start off the one day trip and then after we know how it works out we can have a 2 day meet(end of dec). The 1 day trip to yealgiri will be a life time remembering trip. Way to go "DD". So as the venue is finalized(hope so), now where do we all meet.(It would be good to keep the starting point as electronic city or after Narayana hrudayalaya-IMO). From there we can reach yelagiri(3 hours journey-140kms). very good place for retreat and weather is also fantastic.
Old 24th November 2009, 11:39   #67
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Follow these tips religiously and meets will be smooth:

1. Keep it simple.
2. Always heed consensus opinion and not individual requirements. If 60% of the polled audience can make it to a meet, its a successful one.
3. Fix the per head cost and collect money in advance. There have been numerous instances in Bangalore where BHPians have checked out before the bill showed up.
Old 24th November 2009, 11:47   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
3. Fix the per head cost and collect money in advance. There have been numerous instances in Bangalore where BHPians have checked out before the bill showed up.
Thanks Samurai for your suggestion.

@@@ - But not-so-good-rapport for a forum like T-BHP. Let's keep our heads up. World is small and it takes no long to cross our ways again.
Old 24th November 2009, 11:47   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Happens everywhere!
Old 24th November 2009, 11:53   #70
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
@@@ - But not-so-good-rapport for a forum like T-BHP. Let's keep our heads up. World is small and it takes no long to cross our ways again.
It has nothing to do Team-BHP, and all to do with individual members. Now you can probably understand why Team-BHP can't be responsible or liable about things it can't control.
Old 24th November 2009, 12:02   #71
BHPian

Quote:
It has nothing to do Team-BHP, and all to do with individual members. Now you can probably understand why Team-BHP can't be responsible or liable about things it can't control.
I understand now. What I meant is - any forum is by the individuals, for the individuals. The message which i wanted to pass - everybody including myself should try to maintain the dignity of the forum. You rightly said, it has nothing to do with Team-BHP name as such. Also as Nitrous mentioned, yes, it happens everywhere.

I hope the "individuals" are reading this.
Old 24th November 2009, 12:03   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are absolutely right "Samurai". People on the net(t-bhp)might be good/sweet in writting on the thread/forum(that is beacuse t-bhp has wonderful MODS and are maintaining it) but outside there are almost 90% of people who are like what "Samurai" told. So "DD" it is better we collect the money in advance at the starting point itself before the departure
Old 24th November 2009, 13:18   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Hope this sets the stage for an agenda.
The last time we had yellagiri drive...blr guys had a breakfast meet as well..at A2B before krishnagiri.

Dec 6 sounds good to me.

DD, why don't you add a poll to this thread to get an idea of head count.

Regards,
Mohit
Old 24th November 2009, 14:49   #74
BHPian

After a long time a day drive meet and yes am in for the meet.
Old 24th November 2009, 15:11   #75
BHPian

Count me in too, good that we can meet some members after a long time
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks