Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2009, 08:19   #16
Senior - BHPian

Hi Crazy Driver,
You can try the Tambaram one or Velachery one or the one in Adyar.I know the Adyar one was doing better when I had my KB 100 in 2000.
  • Jai Automobiles - Tambaram
No.1, Madhavan Street,
Tambaram Sanitorium,
Chennai - 47.
Ph: 044-22388101/2/3
Bikes serviced : Bajaj

I Think

S.V Motors

No: 556a, Gandhi Nagar, Avadi - 600054

Another one in Velachery I think it is Jayam Auto mobiles.
No 7a, Velacheri Main Road, Nagendra Nagar,Velacheri, Chennai - 600042

Last edited by navan49 : 29th November 2009 at 08:27.
Old 29th November 2009, 08:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

Dear Phoenix,
Propose a meet next week any where in Chennai.Either 5th or 6th of December.
Old 29th November 2009, 10:30   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
No,Gilead.
I'm busy forming a breakaway group for my street, man.
Unfortunately, Mission_Safari who resides in the neighboring street cannot attend the meet at the 'theru monai tea kadai'.
We're calling ourselves "Dangers Playboys*" - Enga area Ulla varadha!

* - Influenced by a poster I saw on a wall in Royapettah yesterday.

Are you referring to The President as theru mona tea kadai

Nitrous, Don't you think its high time to bring the entire gang from the other end of the town to our side for a meet .
Old 29th November 2009, 12:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
Are you referring to The President as theru mona tea kadai

Nitrous, Don't you think its high time to bring the entire gang from the other end of the town to our side for a meet .
No, that would be 'Valli Tea kadai', the place where I usually pick you up for a meet.
Regarding our side of town, it happens occassionally at the Beanstalk or League club.
Old 30th November 2009, 00:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Some One,
Please come on some one propose a meet for coming week.Let it be after noon 3.30 to 6PM.Just let us introduce some where and talk about our vehicles no matter two or Four wheelers.the issues with the vehicles.The service people in Chennai.Let you point a public place where there won't be a problem of Parking.Some places which I can outline are Besant Nagar beach.Tiruvanmiyur area, Birla Planatorium campus. Vandalur, Sriperumpudur area. Midway after Poonamallee.Tiruporur Kandasamy kulam Park.Some where vandalur Kelambakkam road.Some where near chingleput.Kanchipuram,There is a beach view roadside rest place beyond Crocodile Park in ECR,Thiruvidandhai, Muttukadu is also there.Please some of our team members think over and fix.

Last edited by navan49 : 30th November 2009 at 00:06.
Old 30th November 2009, 00:30   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post

We did that a few times already. Quite a few times indeed
Old 2nd December 2009, 20:24   #22
Senior - BHPian

Hi friends,

Seems Diesel, petrol, battery power and two wheeler all are busy this week end. Let us try for the coming week ends. I thought if some people are interested, we could meet. Now already to day is Wednesday and it is time to plan for other activities. See you all some other time.

Thanks

Last edited by navan49 : 2nd December 2009 at 20:25.
Old 2nd December 2009, 21:34   #23
BHPian

another chennai meet thread. Looks interesting

heard there is a place in OMR after toll smillar to that of the woodlands drive in, anyone heard of it, ma friend told me its a newly opened one!
Old 2nd December 2009, 22:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
That is great.
Lots of responses for Team BHP South Chennai..
It does not mean a split.Some one can come up with regular meets.That is fine with the venue.In fact the seniors can do some thing like the venues.The new comers like me are not knowing what happens where it happens.Of course we all are boound with our duties etc.It is not possible for all to attend.Let the Chennai Team BHP seniors can propose some where on some convenient day.Let the possible people come and meet.Next week or fortnight some one can propose some where else.Like that the people those who wish can participate, It is true that we get tons of ideas from the Forums.If we make it systematically then it will be for a social cause for the Team members.Suppose if we chennai team proposes in Bangalore or Ooty in a week's time how many of us can plan.Very less.If we post and announce well in advance then that will help us to plan.In such cases the area members can plan.In fact it is very difficult to meet the kin and kith from Paiyyanoor to Arakonam.As the City itself is going to be 3 Corporations why not the senior BHPIans can do some thing region wise.If some one starts a Team BHP Kanchipuram meet what will be our unity and response.Now the districts around Chennai are mixed up. So it is to be given a second thought.It is not that of divide or split.Let some of the seniors, experience one's can consider and do something.It is the truth that I am a newbie and it is a proposal only and you can discuss and decide.If Navan does not start one Buvan will star of TeamBHP Kanchipuram,some Raman will start Thiruvallur Team BHPian meet.One Balan may create a Chingleput thread.So the name Chennai will disappear but most of the Chennai like Villivakkam to Thiruvallur will go,Mount,Chitlapakkam,Tambaram,Sholinganallur,Thor aippakkam,Oragadam,Mudichur,Wlaja and Kanchi will go,MM Nagar,S.P Kovil,Guduvancheri,MM Nagar,and Rest will go to Chingleput.So please think some thing for regular meet rather than split etc.It is in the hands of the seniors,just announce a place and declare a meet let the members come and meet, talk, discuss, suggest and go.Like that let the people know each other.
Thanks for the responses.
Hilarious!

Why are you so riled up man. PM me your number, I will personally let you when there is a meet in advance.
Old 2nd December 2009, 23:55   #25
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gentle man

I am a regular visitor towards OMR side.I haven't seen such a drive in. Just before toll gate there is a classic drive in restaurant with valet facility. After toll gate, let me check it out in a day or two and confirm.

Thanks for the new job of hunting for a drive in.

Last edited by navan49 : 2nd December 2009 at 23:59.
Old 3rd December 2009, 00:00   #26
BANNED

Oh South Chennai TBHPian meet? hmmm...

Am also in ,i live in thiruvanmyur let me know when you ppl decide on the place.

I suggest the open stretch between the OMR and ECR in sholinganallur or view point as suggested by someone here.(resting place before mahabs)
Old 3rd December 2009, 00:40   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
Oh South Chennai TBHPian meet? hmmm...

Am also in ,i live in thiruvanmyur let me know when you ppl decide on the place.

I suggest the open stretch between the OMR and ECR in sholinganallur or view point as suggested by someone here.(resting place before mahabs)
Hi South Chennai,

It is good. Some one is coming up for the meet. If you are ready let us have a meet which will be the inaugural one on 12th or 13th December. Some other members may join us. I leave the decision of the venue to members.

Thanks for the support.,
Old 3rd December 2009, 10:32   #28
BHPian

Guys. I am glad that everyone is interested in the meet. Let us not segregate us as South, central, North & other parts of chennai. Let us meet as Chennai group rather than a small sub group of people. If you plan for something on dec 6 or 12 or any day, let us post it in the Chennai meet section and based on everyones availability who ever can come for the meet, can join us for the meeting. Hope you guys agree.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:08   #29
Senior - BHPian

That is not a bad idea. As there is no posting of meet venue in Chennai meet how can we be prepared for that in a day or two.At least a weeks notice is needed. So propose something for 12th or 13th. Who ever wish they can join.
Old 3rd December 2009, 11:26   #30
BHPian

13th December - Post Lunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
That is not a bad idea. As there is no posting of meet venue in Chennai meet how can we be prepared for that in a day or two.At least a weeks notice is needed. So propose something for 12th or 13th. Who ever wish they can join.
13th December - 4*4 - Palar . Please plan accordingly. Please see ARKA posting so that the whole 4*4 gang would be able to join.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed