Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2010, 02:38   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Lets all put on our thinking cap and come up with a TBHP Meet Calendar ( a.k.a the popular KF calendar with each tbhpian part of each month's coverpage...LOL) for the entire year with a minimum of 2 meets a month
A great idea Avi, I've been working on coming up with my Calendar for this year. This idea has been lingering for a long time, this year it has finally seen the light of the day. Hope the printer gets back to me with a good deal soon.

I am ready and all geared up to create a T-BHP Meet Calendar, I would like to throw in a couple of captures of mine too

Would love to hear more from others regarding this.
Old 2nd January 2010, 11:52   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hey Avi, nice to see you back. HNY 2010 to all of you guys!

I can join only in the April meets, as I am leaving early in the morning to Uncle Samland for 3 months!

Brrrr, I am bracing myself for the cold!

Have fun guys! I'll keep visiting this thread to overcome loneliness
Hey Venu, Have a wonderful and safe trip to D.C and have a jolly good time there and dont forget to keep clicking so you can share with us.

Also, convey my best to Barack and tell him we are there if he comes across any hurdles in world affairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
A great idea Avi, I've been working on coming up with my Calendar for this year. This idea has been lingering for a long time, this year it has finally seen the light of the day. Hope the printer gets back to me with a good deal soon.

I am ready and all geared up to create a T-BHP Meet Calendar, I would like to throw in a couple of captures of mine too

Would love to hear more from others regarding this.
That's nice. Any capture is welcome and no need for any printing et.all. I recommend a PDF file to be created and distributed upon request.

What about opinions from others? Is it still a 31st extended party for you folks?
Old 2nd January 2010, 12:08   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's nice. Any capture is welcome and no need for any printing et.all. I recommend a PDF file to be created and distributed upon request.

What about opinions from others? Is it still a 31st extended party for you folks?
I have the beach pics of the models sporting round abs!!!
Old 2nd January 2010, 16:54   #19
BHPian

Have a meet and every T-BHpian should come for the meet in his best loved wheels. Have a photo shoot at that meet and every member gets to be the centre of attraction by being allowed to pose with his ride and all other members surround the ride and the member. Repeat this for each and every member.

Once the portfolio of all members is done and assuming that 21 members turn up, make a desktop calendar with each page having one member as centre of attraction. The calendar can be for 21 months starting from April 2010 and ending with December 2011.

I have a desktop calendar which was made when we had a college alumni reunion in 2008. It has a photo on each page from the college days and also names of those alumni whose birthday falls in that specific month so as to remind everyone whose birthday is when. The calendar is for 16 months from Oct 08 to Jan 10. Since the batchmate who got it done was at Ahd, we got it made from a professional co at Ahd and it costed us Rs 94 each.
Old 3rd January 2010, 11:03   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, convey my best to Barack and tell him we are there if he comes across any hurdles in world affairs
Will do. I shall also invite him to the April meet of our forum at Hyderabad .

Incidentally, my hotel and office are walking distance from the lawns just behind the White House!
Old 3rd January 2010, 23:05   #21
Senior - BHPian

Bon Voyage Venu.Have an enjoyable stay in US of A.
Old 4th January 2010, 07:38   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Bon Voyage Venu.Have an enjoyable stay in US of A.
Thanks Hillram! I'm already here for the past 24 hours. Never been to a place so cold---it is 5 degress C below zero with winds of 55 kmph!!!

Brrr---even Manali was not this cold. Added to this woe is the culture shock that normally takes place.
Old 4th January 2010, 10:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Ideas for Meet

Tirthankar is coming to Hyd on 8th and will be here till 12/13th.

Also HVK is coming to Hyd around the 19th/20th.

Let us plan a meet around those times.
Old 4th January 2010, 11:08   #24
PVS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Thanks Hillram! I'm already here for the past 24 hours. Never been to a place so cold---it is 5 degress C below zero with winds of 55 kmph!!!

Brrr---even Manali was not this cold. Added to this woe is the culture shock that normally takes place.
Welcome to the US Venu. You had narrowly missed the snow storms that had raged across Eastern US & the mid-west not so long ago, throwing air traffic out of gear.

Even as I type this, the outside temperature is -17 Degrees C! and this place is in Chicago suburbs.

Wish you a pleasant stay in DC

Regards
PVS
Old 4th January 2010, 11:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Tirthankar is coming to Hyd on 8th and will be here till 12/13th.

Also HVK is coming to Hyd around the 19th/20th.

Let us plan a meet around those times.
It would be lovely catching up with Tirtankar again and it would be a pleasure to finally meet the Chief.

Please co-ordinate with them and fix up something in the evening(s).

Cheers,
Old 4th January 2010, 14:12   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Halo Folks, good to be back home

I can't imagine this morning i was in layered clothing when i started from Delhi and in a few hours in our good 'ol Hyd was forced to put A/C in car when commuting to office

So when and where is the next meet?

Last edited by mobike008 : 4th January 2010 at 14:15.
Old 4th January 2010, 14:41   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So when and where is the next meet?
We need to hear the stories from folks who have just returned from the colder climes.
I just some thing mid week and may be one in the weekend to meet Tirthankar.
Old 4th January 2010, 14:55   #28
BHPian

hooked on for more news on place and time for the meet.
Old 4th January 2010, 15:03   #29
BHPian

People, its time we plan for the first meet of 2010. I have proposed a Kite Flying Festival, where we all can come together and have fun.

Come up with some ideas, waiting for some ideas.

@Hillram, what shall we plan for the Kite Flying Festival? Should it be on 14th or 15th or 16th or 17th? 14th, the actual festival. 15th Friday, 16th Saturday, 17th Sunday
Old 4th January 2010, 15:45   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
We need to hear the stories from folks who have just returned from the colder climes.
I just some thing mid week and may be one in the weekend to meet Tirthankar.
I am ok for a lunch/beverage meet on this Sunday ( Jan 10th) to catch up with Tirthankar Basu. Weekdays until a few days is not possible as i have crazy loads of backlog to clear. I am behind close to 1000 emails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaizcrzy View Post
hooked on for more news on place and time for the meet.
Welcome onboard. Keep yourself glued to Hyd TBHP meet drama for exact date and time for next meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
@Hillram, what shall we plan for the Kite Flying Festival? Should it be on 14th or 15th or 16th or 17th? 14th, the actual festival. 15th Friday, 16th Saturday, 17th Sunday
Well, i used to be a huge lover of Kite Flying until 3-5 years ago but not anymore.

I used to keep a count in terms of ratios 1:7 ; 1:13 ; 1:9 etc. If your wondering what that is, then for 1 kite that I lose in Peench, I demolish 7, 13 or 9 etc ( given those figures as examples, my personal best is 18)

Anyways, i recommend you folks should be enjoying this meet on the day of festival i.e Jan 14th
Closed Thread

Most Viewed