Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2010, 16:54   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
I can manage in all three including Sailing Club/Secenderabad Club..I am a member here.
Choices are between Nizam Club / Fateh Maidan Club / Hyderabad Boat Club / Sailing Club Annexe / Secunderabad Club.

I strongly recommend Secunderabad Club, courtesy zen91, since seating in lawns is possible to enjoy the chill.

I personally am ruled out for 8th dinner. It is the day the 3 Idiots meet once again in future (only here we are 8 of us).
Old 5th January 2010, 16:55   #47
BHPian

Tks Nazim. I would be away from this meet due to personal obligations, Sister's Birthday, so have to be present for the traditional family dinner. Just in case the Dinner Meet is postponed to 9th, count me in.

BTW, is it Boats Club Again? Who is taking the lead to book the table and make sure that the things are in place? Shall we ask Mr. Bajaj, if he can help us this time too.

@hyd_traveller: Mr. Bajaj, hope you are tuned into the latest developments in the thread. Can Mr. Sagar host us again?

@MC: Ani, do remember to pester him from the start for your favourite Bheja Fry. Better take a couple of Bheja's from Mutton Shop this time

Last edited by traveloholic : 5th January 2010 at 16:57.
Old 5th January 2010, 16:55   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
We, with our antics will be thrown out???
May not be thrown out but we will need to go there in gentleman dress code.

Quote:
Do you mean more costly??? How do the economics work out in case of Sailing club? Anyone?
Rates in most clubs are similar and at maximum have 10% variance.

@Nikhil: Had bheja Fry last Saturday to my Heart's Content at the Club.

Last edited by MileCruncher : 5th January 2010 at 16:59.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:07   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
May not be thrown out but we will need to go there in gentleman dress code.
If its Sec'bad Club or Sailing Club Annexe, then people please be particular about the dress code. Its better to turn up as per the dress code, rather than being turned back from the venue.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine, who was invited for dinner there. He was turned back from the reception area itself.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:10   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

So a "Club Fight" is going on here....huh?

Secbad Club is the best, Sailing is next best, Nizams, Boats Club and FMC definetly not on the food quality basis though.

Anyways, who is offering to host us for this meet? Please step forward.

I dont think there will be more than 10-12 people at the most knowing from past experience.

January Meet:
Date : 8th Jan 2010
Venue : TBD
Time : 19.30 Hrs

Confirmations:
  1. Hillram
  2. Mobike008
  3. MileCruncher+1
  4. Tirthankar
  5. Ravveendra
  6. Pulsar56
  7. Zen91
  8. KKRK2
  9. Jaizcrazy
Anyone else game?????

Last edited by mobike008 : 5th January 2010 at 17:23. Reason: Updated the confirmation List
Old 5th January 2010, 17:25   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
If its Sec'bad Club or Sailing Club Annexe, then people please be particular about the dress code. Its better to turn up as per the dress code, rather than being turned back from the venue.

Same thing happened to a friend of mine, who was invited for dinner there. He was turned back from the reception area itself.
+1 Wish to mention the dress code at sailing Annexe/Secunderabad Clum.

Gentelmen to arrive at the club wearing shoes only. No collarless T Shirts allowed.

Unlike our previous meets, this is going to be a very very sober meet..would you guys want it this way??

I would prefer Sailing Annexe for the shear view that you would get of the Tank Bund and Secbad Club is too formal I guess.

Last edited by zen91 : 5th January 2010 at 17:29.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:30   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Gentelmen to arrive at the club wearing shoes only. No collarless T Shirts allowed.

Unlike our previous meets, this is going to be a very very sober meet..would you guys want it this way??
Brajesh Bhai, I still remember my 1st T-BHP meet which was round about the same time last year at Nizam's Club.

If we can have something like that, then I'm sure all of us will promise to be sober and muted
Old 5th January 2010, 17:37   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post

I remember the last dinner meet at Sailing club where RR dared to come in shorts.

Me and him had to rush to my home so he could change into an oversized trouser to be allowed entry to the club
Old 5th January 2010, 17:38   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Brajesh Bhai, I still remember my 1st T-BHP meet which was round about the same time last year at Nizam's Club.

If we can have something like that, then I'm sure all of us will promise to be sober and muted
MC..last time we were spared as we all were confined to one room..this time its going to be in the open..Should I try for a separate room for all..it will cost us extra and might not be possible, as the time is too short.Earlier I have booked halls 2/3 months in advance.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:39   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

NO.

But why would it be sober??? Shoes we all wear. Most of us come from office, so we will be in formal dress!! Is there more to the dress code like - suit, jacket, tuxedo, blah blah blah....!

Quote:
I would prefer Sailing Annexe for the shear view that you would get of the Tank Bund and Secbad Club is too formal I guess.
+1
Old 5th January 2010, 17:43   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I remember the last dinner meet at Sailing club where RR dared to come in shorts.

Me and him had to rush to my home so he could change into an oversized trouser to be allowed entry to the club
Not to mention my colleagues and friends who have been sent back..My Boss was also sent back as he came in sports shoes/tracks and a collarless T Shirt.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:45   #57
Senior - BHPian

January Meet:
Date : 8th Jan 2010

Venue : TBD
Time : 19.30 Hrs

Confirmations:
  1. Hillram
  2. Mobike008
  3. MileCruncher+1
  4. Tirthankar
  5. Ravveendra
  6. Pulsar56
  7. Zen91
  8. KKRK2
  9. Jaizcrazy
  10. Himanshugoswami (I also have an announcement to make )
Old 5th January 2010, 17:47   #58
BHPian

Quote:
NO.

But why would it be sober??? Shoes we all wear. Most of us come from office, so we will be in formal dress!! Is there more to the dress code like - suit, jacket, tuxedo, blah blah blah....!

+1
By sober..I was referring to the decibel levels.

Last edited by zen91 : 5th January 2010 at 17:51.
Old 5th January 2010, 17:57   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
MC..last time we were spared as we all were confined to one room..this time its going to be in the open..Should I try for a separate room for all..it will cost us extra and might not be possible, as the time is too short.Earlier I have booked halls 2/3 months in advance.
Brajesh Bhai, I'm game and I'm sure so would be the other regulars.

If we have the fixed confirmations, then I think we can go ahead.
Old 5th January 2010, 19:09   #60
Senior - BHPian

Let me join the Fight Club too..
- Secunderabad club is too formal.In the lawns we need to conduct ourselves very
formally with low decibels and less jocularity.But food is good and has a wide range
of variety.
- Sailing club is better than Secunderabad club,less formal and maginificent view.Last
time,we had snacks near the lawns and a buffet dinner.This can be a costly affair.
- Nizam club is known for its Shikanpur and Biryani and some awesome
desserts.Personally,I wouldnt like to get holed up in a room,when we can enjoy the
stars under a cold night.
- Boats Club can be a place to see some crowd from bourgeois repertoire,but the
food is good and dirt cheap.Ambience is mediocre IMHO and decibel levels can be
high as the next table would probably have a Telangana discussion !!!!
My vote goes for SAILING CLUB.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks