Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2010, 06:58   #61
Senior - BHPian

^^ What he asked. ^^
Old 8th February 2010, 11:33   #62
BHPian

Sorry I did not make it yesterday. I went on a trek on Saturday morn at 6am and was too tired/stiff to get up early again on Sunday.

sorry again but will be there next time guys.
Old 8th February 2010, 12:31   #63
Senior - BHPian

Did the meet happen guys ?

IF 'Yes' THEN
Post pics ();
ELSE

END IF;
Old 8th February 2010, 12:38   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Did the meet happen guys ?

IF 'Yes' THEN
Post pics ();
ELSE

END IF;
assuming the int i represents number of days
For (int i=1; i<= 3; i++)
IF 'Yes' THEN
Post pics ();
ELSE

END IF
End For
Old 8th February 2010, 13:06   #65
BHPian

Was good fun to go for a drive to Lavasa after a long time.
Attendance was surprisingly good,hadn't expected so many to come. Knew almost everyone except for Deltawing & kenpachigamer. It was nice meeting you guys.
It was also the first 'REAL' drive/test run for my swift after I switched to '+2' setting on the Pete's Box.
Although I am still on the stock filter (Waiting for the Green Storm to arrive) it was awesome fun.
Perfectly timed shifts and boy was it fun or what!
Even after 20k kms, the PP2 did an exceptional job around the corners. No squealing whatsoever, I am impressed!
I was having so much fun that my Subwoofer Box was dancing all over the place in the rear.Lol

This was also the first time I saw Hkanitkar's Corsa after the FFE and Filter install. This car is seriously fast! trust me! It pulls like crazy! Awesome car there Hrishi

For a few Kms, Amogh's Punto was ahead of me and immediately I started wondering, 'What if both my cars, Swift and especially Getz had such suspension setup? So less Body roll!'

The day FIAT launches Punto with 1.6MJD or maybe 1.9 MJD (ok, that's too much of dreaming) I would pick it up without even thinking for a fraction of a second.I dont care about the parts and service and everything that troubles FIAT owners.

Where are the Europeans ? There is so much scope for them to launch their hot hatches with awesome handling and powerful engines ? Add to that exceptional build quality!

Alright I think I should stop day dreaming...sigh

@ Shrivz,
Your new tyres look more promising than those S-Drives. I am sure you are loving them. It was pretty evident that you too were having sooper fun from the way you were throwing your old workhorse around the corners. Nice!

What a drive! I actually wanted to to do it all over again but then had to head to Chakan for work and came home late and was dead tired.
Looking forward to such a fun filled drive pretty soon. So when do we go guys ?
Coming weekend ? What say ?

Oh and Btw, Hkanitkar and Nav75 are to be held responsible for delay in pics, they were the designated photographers.
Old 8th February 2010, 13:25   #66
BHPian

^ sounds like you guys sure had a lot of fun.

and yes please do another drive very soon, i will also join in.
Old 8th February 2010, 13:31   #67
Senior - BHPian

Sorry Guys I couldnt make it, was very tired as I reached pune at mid night & woke up at 11 am on Sunday only to sleep again in the afternoon

I saw a missed call from Shrivz, sorry dude.

Looks like I missed a good meet/drive :(
Old 8th February 2010, 13:46   #68
BHPian

I couldn't bring my little sparky but damn It was fun to ride with Raja in his e220. Seeing all the cars in a line(except Amey's and Shrivz's ) riding up till Lavasa n coming down was a treat to the eyes. Plus I got a couple of very good tips from Raja about tackling corners n miscellaneous driving.
@Amey your car is Uber-Cool.
@Amogh and Nav75 - The blue and red puntos looked like sisters on an assassination-mission.
Old 8th February 2010, 15:17   #69
BHPian

What a way to spend a nice mid-winter (?? :P) sunday morning !

I have always loved the whole 'lavasa ride' since the first time i did it. Those roads never cease to give you a fun-filled driving experience altogether, whichever car you are in !

Total turnout of members was real good this time, with 9 guys attending and 8 cars to ride in ! We might have left a relatively large carbon foot-print yesterday, but what the heck ! :-D
Members who attended : Nav75, kenpachigamer, Amoghchaphalkar, Amey, Dhaval, Raja, Delta_wing, shrivz and myself.

Goin up on the ghats was good fun. For almost all the time, we were driving in a line, every car well spaced from the other and trust me - not slow at all !
Thanks to a friend, we have a really delicious breakfast at All American Diner by the Lakeside. Those omelettes and watermelon were awesome !

On the way back, a certain member got haunted by Mr.McRae. But sadly the american a$$ of a car that he drives didnt respond the same way. LOL.
I hope he got the message regd. tyres. ;-)

I had to run back home and then to work - and guess what - i forgot the cam at work. So sorry about the pics ( although i dont have many ) - they will be up by tonight.

@My corsa : It was a refreshingly revealing drive for me in terms of my own car after the FFE ! The way she pulls off on straights and climbs is crazy ! Also, after this ride, I am doubly convinced of my decision to go for wider tyres ( 195/60R14 ) on the car.

@amey - didnt know you have gone stage 2 on Pete's.. Bloody nice ! And btw, those Tarox rotors look and smell sweet ! LOL

@Shrivzy - dude.. please get that side-beading.. Please !!! Baleno looks naked without that ! :P

@kenpachigamer, Nav75, Delta_wing - guys it was nice meeting you all !

@nav75, Amogh - Red and blue - both look awesome on the Punto !

@raja - our plan is on. Lets decide on a day and venue ASAP ! :-)

PS: I feel so nerdy about it but still.. I calculated FE of my car yesterday after the drive. :P And it has come out real good !
With all the spirited driving, fast corners, mad climbs and revving, it returned a respectable 10KMs per litre, when I was expecteing a figure of 7 or 8. x 10

PS 2 : There's a small news in Sakal ( marathi daily ) about some biker having lost life on the Lavasa roads yesterday, at about 12.45PM ( when we were on the way back ) - anyone in the know ??
Old 8th February 2010, 15:26   #70
BHPian

Man, I just missed it!!! For some time I wasn't able to get on tbhp site and look what I missed. Anyway, it's good fun to read all the fun you had :-)

Please let me know if you have planned for the next meet.

Cheers.
Old 8th February 2010, 17:49   #71
Senior - BHPian

Arey bhailog, pictura kanha hai?

It seems that you had lot of fun.
Old 8th February 2010, 22:21   #72
BHPian

Great report,

I Missed the meet,everything was ready till 11.00 PM,My Palio just crossed 70,000km while coming to Pune and even i serviced my K & N from Darshan tyres ,but due to some problem in office i was on call till almost 2.30 AM so there was no chance to get up at 7.00 Am after the long call.
I was so exited for the meet as i have never been to Lavasa before,now eagerly waiting for the next meet.
Old 9th February 2010, 11:42   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkanitkar View Post
Total turnout of members was real good this time, with 9 guys attending and 8 cars to ride in ! We might have left a relatively large carbon foot-print yesterday, but what the heck ! :-D
Hopefully I will be a part of any future drives/meet but there is one thing which bothers me a lot wheneever I read any drive/meet thread. Don't know if I am the only one or whether my thoughts on this are not welcome on a car forum (?) and I don't want to come across as holier than thou either but -

for all these meets I see the number of cars and number of people being almost equal and I think - what a waste of fuel and obviously bad for the planet. We can always have all the cars together at the starting point and so members can check out all the cars/ICE/mods and what-not but then after that would it not be prudent as responsible and educated guys to take, say only half the number of cars on the actual drive? 2 persons per car and the ones who miss out (as in who are passengers) can then drive their cars next time?

Sorry for the rant but this and the fact that I see 1 person per car all the way to Hinjewadi most days is something that really gets on my nerves.

Last edited by Abhay : 9th February 2010 at 11:45.
Old 9th February 2010, 14:35   #74
BHPian

Completely understand the concern regarding waste of fuel, and impact on planet.

But Abhay - just one question - do you car-pool to work ?

( I didnt bother asking about public transport, cos IMO, public transport vehicles pollute more than an individual car can. )
Old 9th February 2010, 14:46   #75
BHPian

I know I am late in responding, but had a great time.
Seeing the other smaller nimbler cars has got me itching to sell the current one and get myself a little pocket rocket.

@Abhay, your point is very valid. My excuse is that it was a spirited drive which is best enjoined behind the streering wheel.
While attending regular meets, I attempt to car pool as many as I can in my area to save fuel and be kind to the environment.

Most Viewed