Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2010, 17:39   #1
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai 'Miles & Smiles' rally 2010(21st Feb 2010)!! any BHPians up for it?

Hey guys!

I recieved a mail(both e-mail and a posted letter) containing an invite etc. for the Hyundai 'Miles & Smiles Rally 2010' which will be held tomorrow morning!

The rally seems to be limited to Hyundai i20 customers only!!

I just wanted to confirm whether any of the other BHPians have got such invites?

We can make it into a meet of sorts!

Attached the invitation card pic!

Here are the details that were mailed to me

Quote:
Dear Sir,

We are organizing a Miles n Smiles Rally in Delhi on 21st February 2010 (Sunday) for all our i20 customers. The purpose of this rally is to obtain the maximum fuel average to customer’s advantage and to have one to one interaction with one and all.
Hyundai Motor India Ltd is organizing this event on a grand scale wherein the fuel tanks is filled to Full Level at the start point at IOCL pump. After flagging off from Crowne Plaza, New Friends Colony all the customers would drive down approx 80-82 kms towards Greater Noida and will come back at the same fuel filling station at the end point wherein the fuel will again be topped up to Full level for checking the average.
The odometer reading at both the start and end points would be noted by a dedicated team of engineers and technicians who would not only provide valuable fuel saving tips during the start of the journey, but would also answer to any of your queries as required.
The Top 3 customers in each category (Petrol and Diesel) getting the maximum average would get cash reward from the management of Hyundai Motor India Ltd at Crowne Plaza, New Friends Colony
Fun and Frolic games along with Lunch has been organized for the customers and their families at Crowne Plaza, New Friends Colony after completion of the rally which would end by approx 12.00 ~ 12:30 p.m..
A final closing ceremony with prize distribution will be convened before the winding up of the event.
Following are the addresses of both the start and end point.
Start & End: Crowne Plaza, New Friends Colony, New Delhi, Ph. 011-26835070
A detailed itinerary is provided in Annexure 1 as enclosed.
We wish you a happy and eventful Sunday (21st January 2010) with your families and wish you a safe and happy driving. Wishing you the very best and hope you would win the rally.
Good Luck,

RISHABH HYUNDAI

Annexure 1 (programme)

1. 8.00 a.m – Customers to arrive at Hotel Crowne Plaza, New Friends Colony for breakfast and briefing about the rally.

2. 9.00 a.m – Flagging off from Hotel Crowne Plaza and customers to move towards the petrol filling station – IOC pump (3.5 kms away) from hotel in batches of 20 vehicles each.

3. 9.15 a.m – 10.00 a.m – Filling at the pump and move towards Greater Noida. Dealers Emergency Service car would guide customers at various point.

4. 12.00 p.m – 1.00 p.m. Arrival at Petrol Pump (same as 1st filling) – Last filling point. Fuel filled to full tank and average noted with customers signature.

5. 1.00 p.m to 3.00 p.m – Lunch at Hotel Crowne Plaza along with games for children and family.

6. 3.00 – 3.30 p.m – Declaration of Prize winners for both Petrol and diesel.
@Mods - Please add 'i20' to the thread title such that it is 'Hyundai i20 Miles & Smiles. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai 'Miles & Smiles' rally 2010(21st Feb 2010)!! any BHPians up for it?-invitation-cards.jpg  

Last edited by sohail99 : 20th February 2010 at 17:44.
Old 21st February 2010, 01:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

My brother was willing but I played a last minute spoilsport. The reason is the Greater Noida strech, don't want my car to come back damaged (Reasons: Many).
Old 21st February 2010, 11:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

OMG!! I went there and I had never seen so many i20s at one place!!

Oddly mine was the only sparkle blue one!

So I went there and they said that I should get out of the car and let the valet park! to which I said that I trusted noone with my car!

SO I was standing there with all the i20s around(but without their drivers) and then the crew guys come and start applying stickers to the cars!

I was like Whoa

I suddenly started having doubts whether to let them apply stickers on it or not!(cuz I'm very particular regarding the appearance and paint protection etc.)

Then they again told me to leave the car with them and go inside!
Guess what was written on the valet ticket!
Quote:
Valet service for guests at owner's risk! We dont take responsibility for any damage etc.
and as far as I'd seen the valets trying to park, they seemed like noobs!
bumper touching was considered nothing!

I was literally shocked and horrified at the same moment and decided to head back home!! (which was far better than seeing a new scratch!!)

Anyways, managed a few pics
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai 'Miles & Smiles' rally 2010(21st Feb 2010)!! any BHPians up for it?-abcd0014.jpg  

Hyundai 'Miles & Smiles' rally 2010(21st Feb 2010)!! any BHPians up for it?-abcd0013.jpg  

Hyundai 'Miles & Smiles' rally 2010(21st Feb 2010)!! any BHPians up for it?-abcd0015edi.jpg  

Old 21st February 2010, 23:32   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thank God, my brother didn't go. Think what might have happened during the drive and post it.
Old 25th February 2010, 10:05   #5
BHPian

LOL.

So no one from Team-Bhp went for the Actual Event ?

I also do not let a Valet park my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks