Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2005, 15:52   #16
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA

p.s was there any drag! Vtec vs Baleno or the Zen stole the show!
u must be kidding !!!!!!! with two moderators (read rudra sir and shan2nu) who would wanna be risking getting banned from the forum ..
anyways it was some nice cruising at high speeds and thats about it..no idea about the flying gold zen though was never in our sights ..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 3rd October 2005 at 15:57.
Old 3rd October 2005, 16:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

I am sure there must have been lot of Vtec talk since Shantanu was there!

P.S where are the higher quality pics coming?
Old 3rd October 2005, 17:09   #18
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Im jealous - all you blore guys have the best roads that are perfect for drives. while we are stuck with craters in guise of roads.

Nice pics and great report. All of u had fun :envy:
Old 3rd October 2005, 17:20   #19
Team-BHP Support

Damn! missed this one. Looks like this was the biggest T-BHP drive ever in Bangalore. How many cars totally?

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Im jealous - all you blore guys have the best roads that are perfect for drives. while we are stuck with craters in guise of roads.
In Bangalore, we don't have good roads, pot holes galore. As of now Krishnagiri stretch is the only one where we can rip like that. With or without kids...
Old 3rd October 2005, 17:26   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai
In Bangalore, we don't have good roads, pot holes galore. As of now Krishnagiri stretch is the only one where we can rip like that.
well atleast u have highway stretches where you can drive fast ! here the highways are the worst hit and the flimsy repair job aint helping either

Quote:
With or without kids...
You dont wanna start another thread on this i hope

Last edited by normally_crazy : 3rd October 2005 at 17:27.
Old 3rd October 2005, 17:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
How many cars totally?
Total of 9 cars. Lemme see if i can list them out:

1 Chevy Optra (Rudra)
1 Fiat Palio (Harrie)
1 Honda City VTEC (The Wolf)
1 E Zen (superunknown)
1 Hyundai Getz (Chandan)
2 Maruti Balenos (Viper, satan_crazy)
2 Maruti Zens (protege, amitoj)

A total of 9 cars. One more would have made it a perfect 10.

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 3rd October 2005, 18:55   #22
Senior - BHPian

Highlights of the day...

Highlights of the day...
On the way to krishnagiri:
1) Rudra sir's optra with the spanking new alloys on bridgestone potenza's(205/55, r15)...bbbeeeautifullly shimmering in the morning rays!!!

2) Amitoj on his zen(fresh out of Psycho's workshop)...even before we started from the start point and warming our engines...Amitoj scrammed like we were chasing to catch and kill him... heheeee... guess he just wanted to DRIVE... and drive as fast as possibe and take a lead as there were immediate 4 cars behind him with minimum 1.5l mills...and to my surprise that zen was gone before the heats could start...Though he didnt wait for us to get into the groove im sure he had a ball zipping out...

3) V1p3r and satan...well what to say...they just wanted to check out which of their Balenos could go faster...simple!!! and the best feature was they were just oblivious to 7 other cars existence!!!

4) Harrie and Psycho cruising on harrie's gtx at their own pace but easily keepingup with the rest of us...

5) Chandans blood red getz belting 130's without a hiccup with awesome road hugging ability,,,giving my friend(an old friend accompanying me in my VTEC) serious thoughts as he bought a swift a week back...after lot of head breaking on whether to buy swift or getz!!!

6) Superunknown...trying his best to cruise with all of us in zen but still hesitating to go full blast!!!

7) Some lorry fellow coming from the wrong side towards us while we are spinning 100kmph...luckily for all of us...sensible heads behind wheels......no problemo to just swerve past but with a dirrrty scream at the lorry bugger...

8) Rudra Sir displaying excellent sense of driving...right infront of me...probably tempted to red line but restricting himself till he reached the outskirts of city...Optra with Rudra behind the wheels handling with great panache,,,gripping the road like a military tank...well great to look at from right behind at 110kmph.

9) Finally about my VTEC...the engine just wanting to missile past all the cars from the word go...but me, yeah...holding on wisely right behind optra waiting for optra to be give me a head start to missile mania...

10) At the toll gate( every one arount my VTEC),,,baleno boys scrutinising my VTEC mill, Shan2nu oozing this expertise on a VTEC and clearing any doubts about VTEC's natural engine rattle visible when the hood is up...

11) Breakfast at krishnagiri...Psycho not revealing to anybody what he had done to Amitoj's zen(the zen just didnt wanna stay with us)...despite of nudging or pleading!!! Almost all of us having a good look at optra's mill...well,,,holden poise to the engine...well arranged with neat spacing. Then, me and other couple of guys checking optra's sound system...pretty impressive actualy...Blaupunkt after all...Not to forget Rudra's pronunciation of Blaupunkt.." BLOUPUNT"!!!
On the way back from krishnagiri
1) Well with all the engines perfectly heated for the back drag..."HELL BREAKS LOOSE...!!!!!!

2) Everone this time starting almost together...redlining starts...This time I decided to give every one a little treat by showing what a VTEC is capable of...First, me overtaking optra on 5th gear at 165kmph resulting in Rudra sir asking me "dont you use over drive"?? and me promptly saying Im on overdrive most of the time...truthful though...

3) Again, baleno vs baleno starts...both v1p3r and Satan goin full blooded touching 140's...and feeling good...till me spearheading past them at 130...surprisingly!!! baleno speedo error I guess... This time shan2nu beside me in the VTEC quenching his part of VTEC thirst, all doubts cleared in our mind about the baleno speedo errors. Then, when both balenos going full blast and me overtaking them woth relative ease resulted in Satan expressing his anguish " YOUR VTEC GOES FAST MAN"!!! Then shan2nu modestly replies on behalf of me "Who said no"???

4) Well, overtaking after overtaking...this time optra acting passive, landing last at the Dakshin Honda point. Discussions galore desiding on where to grab grub at the same time couple of us not knowing that Chandan had 24kingfisher cans in cold store in his car cursing him on not letting us know that he did...which we regretted not finishing even before we headed back from Krishnagiri...

5) All of heading to RTO dhaba for beer, roti and butter chicken...With Satan, Amitoj and Satan splitting from us I donno how many of us ended at the dhaba but we were all but them...hichic!!!

6) Psycho again gives us lotz of racing gyan...awesome knowledge about finer facts of racing!!!experience I guess. Then, v1p3r gives us a little insight on the motor videos he had recently seen...fun stuff! Thanks to Chandan for the beer as it wouldve been possible to get liquor on that day due to gandhi jayanti.Thanks again.

7) After having a fairly good lunch, all of us decided to get back to the reality of life..I mean work, commitments and related...

8) I head home on my VTEC...head held high, pretty pleased with the way she carried herself and more...
Well, another day of divine bliss...only fuelling me for another TBHP meet. Thanks TBHP.

Last edited by The Wolf : 3rd October 2005 at 19:01.
Old 3rd October 2005, 19:49   #23
BHPian

Great reports there guys..

All the posts,counting upto a few hundreds,I'm sure this was the best meet so far.Feels good to have been a part of it.

Check some pics on the other thread..
Old 3rd October 2005, 20:20   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
1) Rudra sir's optra with the spanking new alloys on bridgestone potenza's(205/55, r15)...bbbeeeautifullly shimmering in the morning rays!!!
Correction!! It's 205/50.

Quote:
...probably tempted to red line but restricting himself till he reached the outskirts of city...
I don't get tempted Wolf. Gone are those days.

Quote:
Then, me and other couple of guys checking optra's sound system...pretty impressive actualy...Blaupunkt after all...Not to forget Rudra's pronunciation of Blaupunkt.." BLOUPUNT"!!!
Don't remember who had too much to drink night before. May be me. Next time I should say BLUEDOT instead.

Quote:
this time optra acting passive,
That's me. Well, most of the time.
Old 3rd October 2005, 20:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
Correction!! It's 205/50
Sorry...blip !!! 205/50, R15...thats like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
I don't get tempted Wolf. Gone are those days.
Oh yeah...I challenge you, you in my vtec next time...I can bet you will hit atleast 165kmph...lets see...

Last edited by The Wolf : 3rd October 2005 at 20:35.
Old 3rd October 2005, 20:33   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf
Sorry...blip !!! 205/50, R15...thats like it.
And it isn't new alloys either, just spanking like rest of the car.
Old 3rd October 2005, 20:36   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And it isn't new alloys either, just spanking like rest of the car.
His car itself is new,,,not to mention the alloys!!!
Old 4th October 2005, 00:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Hey, when were we overtaken at 140?!

No doubt the Vtec is fast! But, on highway speeds, you'd be hard pressed to distinguish between the three of them. I guess while the Vtec has a slight edge, the Balenos prove better in the corners for stability.

Guys, you won't believe it...after all that discussion of Vtec vs Baleno, not a single show of strength. All of us happily shuffling places for the lead between 130 and 170... man, that's such a sight!!! There's really nothing to beat the sight of a glossed Vtec overtaking a Baleno at over 150, all while you're pulling pretty much the same speed!!!
Old 4th October 2005, 00:40   #29
BHPian

wolf overtook me while i was doing 140 (and speedo error? i doubt it would've made much of a difference, probably wolf had a speedo error too ... 165/80/r13 and 185/70/r13 - shouldn't result in much of a speedo error), but tht doesn't prove anything ... all the cars were equally fast ... i'd be surprised if anyone watching us drive could make out who the fastest was ... but, the trip was not about who could go the fastest ... and, no one was racing ... it was a nice drive that all of us enjoyed.

s
Old 4th October 2005, 00:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_crazy
... i'd be surprised if anyone watching us drive could make out who the fastest was ...
Ummm...I think it was that tall fellow in the golden Zen. Amitoj, take a bow! Psycho, please stop grinning!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_crazy
but, the trip was not about who could go the fastest ... ... it was a nice drive that all of us enjoyed.
True. Amitoj had that sewn up in the first ten minutes! On the enjoy bit, I second you. Getting thrashed by a Zen was never so much fun!!!

Let's try and break the 10 car barrier soon, guys!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks