Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2005, 01:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

TBHP Bangalore: 770 bhp drive!!!

Oct 2nd 2 am on MSN

v1p3r: abey so jaa...be on time tomorrow

mclaren: i'll get up, but you should be sleeping now!!!

continues till 3am

Oct 2nd 6.40 am on Hutch

Harrie: Hey, where are you?
v1p3r: Huh...wha...yeah...
Harrie: I'll be there by 7.30
v1p3r: Huh...ok (damn damn damn that alarm!)

Just for everybody's info, I was NOT the last to arrive!!!

So by 8am, 9 shiny (and not so shiny!) cars were parked in grand fashion in front of Dakshin Honda. People passing by were staring, wondering what a varied bunch of coloured cars, from a blue Baleno, to a red Getz, to a bling black Optra, were doing parked together.

So we set off, in the hope of breakfast at Krishnagiri. Already Amitoj, in his hot Zen, is pulling away like mad. Mr Satan, with his I-have-never-crossed-70, is giving Amitoj some serious competition in his Baleno. Behind him is bling boss Rudra and Wolf in the Vtec. Followed by Chandan in his Getz, Superunknown in his Zen, Protege in his Zen, Harrie in his Palio 1.6 GTX, and good ol' yours truly struggling to catch up. Riding shotgun are Mclaren, Shan2nu, Anush, Psycho, and Wolf's friend.

Speeds slowly build up, and the ton is reached without batting so much as an eyelid. By this time, Amitoj is already somewhere in the next district. The two Balenos and the Vtec are really gunning it, and crossing 140 on stretches. There's not an inch given or taken between the 3 cars. Behind are the others, at a more sedate 110 or so.

Then we cross Hosur, and all hell breaks loose. We say, let's meet up at the toll gate. Bye bye! The speedo never left the right side of the meter in my case, and it damn well didn't for Satan and Wolf either!

The roads gradually get wider and better. The surface is a dream, the surroundings are lovely, and the speeds are ballistic. Traffic is around, but rather sparse.

Now the real fun starts. The roads begin to twist and curve in long arcs, and three of us in the Jap rockets saw paradise! I barely recall using the brake pedal, except when some bus strayed out of its lane. We were easily crossing 150, and barely slowing down by 20kmh for the curves. Since each of the 3 Jap sedans runs on 185s, grip was a lot higher than regular rubber.

I can hardly describe the thrill of driving on what is probably one of India's best roads, so I'll leave it to your imagination to imagine what over 700bhp in the hands of car fanatics can achieve!

We pull over at the toll gate, and stick in a line by the kerb.

We wait around, talking for a while. Soon enough, with resident Vtec-lovers around, the green 'tec's hood is popped. A sparkling engine bay greets us, the result of a recent service. We ooh and aah before realising that Harrie, Psycho and Rudra are missing!!! Upon which Chandan say, yeah they're having coffee and coming. WTF?! At this point, our dear Amitoj is already somewhere in Kerala.

We get our two-way passes for the road ahead, and hit the open road. More fun follows, with some more absolutely sublime stretches of tarmac beneath us. Soon enough, we hit the Krishnagiri bypass.

Again, yours truly takes the word Krishnagiri a little too literally (Samurai, remember Mulbagal?!). Soon, the two Balenos and Super's Zen are threading through a dusty little hamlet, where the locals view us with a mixture of amazement and distrust. Realising this can hardly be a great drive route, we call Rudra. As it turns out, we made a wrong turn...

We catch up with the gang in 5 minutes, and settle down to some truly amazing saapad! The stuff dished out in that shack would make some serious waves in Bangalore.

Some of us get a short drive in Psycho's latest creation, Amitoj's golden beauty. Acceleration at any speed is like a TRUCK!!!

We then leave, and start our run back towards Bangalore. High speeds (naturally!) follow. While the others are chilling at 120, three of us are pushing speedo limits on downhill stretches. Vtec man is enjoying the show, sandwiched between 2 Balenos. Soon we pull over for coffee and a chat session. Tips on drag racing from Psycho follow. Filled with coffee/cola/chikki, we set off from our landmark "Toilet Ladies -->" coffee bar.

More high speed runs!!!

We meet up at last at Dakshin Honda, where Harrie, Amitoj, and Satan leave. The rest of us land up at BDA Indiranagar for beer and butter chicken.

Thanks guys, for turning up in good numbers! For some good, spirited driving, gunning it when you got the chance!

Thanks, Chandan, for your boot ballast, that really perked up lunch!!!

Man, this post is loooooooooong!!!

ps: Someone (Rudra ji), please add the pics as appropriate. No idea how to!
Old 3rd October 2005, 01:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Hey it looks like you guys had a ton of fun!!! My Safari sings "Wish you were here"

I hope there's an outing sometime in November when I'll be in Bangalore.
Old 3rd October 2005, 01:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

hey v1p3r great write up
seems like you people had great fun.

waiting for the photos
Old 3rd October 2005, 02:07   #4
Senior - BHPian

Hey adya, check the previous thread on the drive... the most recent posts have pics...

http://team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7616
Old 3rd October 2005, 02:16   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Hey adya, check the previous thread on the drive... the most recent posts have pics...

http://team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7616
thank you (Y)

checking the photos
Old 3rd October 2005, 02:43   #6
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

good report there buddy..was an awesome drive for sure,one that would last in our minds and hearts for a long long while..

a slight (actually a lot) of tampering with the messenger messages done there..here goes the actual version:
v1p3r: F####R go sleep, go sleep.. its 2 already..
mclaren: ya ya..look whose talking about me being awake..kya sapne me yeh sab type kar raha hey kya??? u go to sleep..always late!!!
v1p3r: told u na 12 mins to silk board flyover...and is not the last to arrive(as mentioned earlier by himself with gr8 pride) but bags the 3rd spot in the reverse order..now thats a very good improvement i must admit ..
continues till 3 am amidst talks about modding a zen to renting jakkur dragstrip for testing the baleno(which by then had undergone all the imaginary mods we could think off and more along with my zen)..then v1p3r finally gives up and goes to bed..haha so much for arguing for an hour as to whose got to sleep 1st to be on time the very morning..whew..
v1p3r offline and mclarens yet IMing someone till 6 a.m.

then realised it was about time to get moving and meet harrie at mekri circle at 7..reach dakshin honda only to be greeted by satan crazy who goes " Man u need some sleep!!! "..now what do u expect of a guy who hasnt had a winks sleep ..then as usual the rest arrive and we spin the wheels,burn the tarmac and rest goes as yours truly says..

roads were fab,awesome drive until so called urs truly takes upon himself to guide a convoy of 3 mean monsters down the wrong alley...

return journey was pleasant with a short run on the 1.6 gtx..then shift to satans crazy baleno who says " Are u sleepy !!! " midway thru a gear change at cruising speeds (read 150 above,satan what were u thinking tht i was driving in my dreams) ..then again a stop courtesy yours truly who thinks the others(read rudra,amitoj,chandan,protege,wolf) were left behind or that the 7 pairs of eyes werent focussed enough to see if they were ahead or not..as it turns out they were ahead of us and were waiting for us near the coffee shop..

then again a small burst in the blue baleno of v1p3r's who by now is giving me the vibes i knew i had never experienced till date..starts nervously trembling(were u crying by any chance ???) each time i tried to overtake a vehicle or brake late to avoid ramming into one(trying to tailgate the crazy baleno of satan crazy)..goes on to say "dude lets switch places as i feel very nervous to be on the passenger side" though the real reason was he wanted to while past the swooping curves..end result by the time we switch places v1p3r runs out of empty road and curses me under his breadth all the way till dakhsin honda for robbing away his fun part on the clear and swooping emty tarmac ..job well done for me..and enjoyed driving the revv happy gtx and the tailgating (thruout the journey) balenos.....

all in all it was one hellava day and it finally came to an end when chandan dropped me home..the moment i entered home i realised i was returning into a totally different world so far from the "motoring bliss" we had experienced in the last 10 hrs or so..

rudra sir,psycho,satan,v1p3r,protege,wolf and his friend,harrie,superunknown,amitoj,anush,shan2nu,ch andan and to those whom i may have left out thanks for the wonderful time i spent with u guys..now thats what i call a sunday well spent !!!

3 cheers to the bangalore TBHPians hip hip hurray,hip hip hurray,hip hip hurray..

PS: hhhmm..had we planned to go to chennai or some far of place im sure by the time we reached there amitoj would have already crossed in to the bay of bengal and landed into the Andaman and nicobars ..great going mate..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 3rd October 2005 at 02:49.
Old 3rd October 2005, 02:48   #7
BHPian

Nice writeup !!! You folks sure have had fun. Waiting for more and more pics...

-Haque.
Old 3rd October 2005, 06:36   #8
c10
BHPian

Hi all, like everytme i missed the last meet too...great writeup v1p3r...i was not online forsometime the lst week and i missed it again...

but i too was out on my routine drive to nandi hills on sunday morning...was there at 3:15am, the gate was closed and was at the entrance (at the gate) till 5:20am...saw a lot of 2 n 4 wheelers comming then to nandi hills guess to c the sunrise...

my conti (diesel) went up the hill jus in 2nd and 3rd gear even on the last curve with 6 of us in the car...this is the third time i've done it without hitting the 1st gear...

Team, im hoping to join u all when u drive to nandi hills next time...

Regards,
c10.
Old 3rd October 2005, 12:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

Great writeup Viper. And mclaren's followup also adds on well. Were you two competing at 2 AM to see who will write the longer post about the meet???

I wish i could have continued with the rest of the gang for the beer n food. Will definitely do that next time around...

All in all, it was another memorable weekend thanks to TBHP!!

Cheers
Amitoj
Old 3rd October 2005, 14:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Great outing & Great writeup
Old 3rd October 2005, 14:49   #11
Senior - BHPian

Its good to see you all had a great time....where are the pics man....i mean the high quality ones as promised.

Drifter
Old 3rd October 2005, 14:51   #12
BHPian

great write up v1p3r and mclaren ...
man, the best ride of my life ... managed to hit 170 kmph at 4500 rpm, 5th gear, at one stretch
wolf's vtec is fasssssst ... he used to effortlessly overtake us though we were doing 140-150 kmph
v1p3r, when is the next one? heh

s
Old 3rd October 2005, 14:53   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drifter
where are the pics man....i mean the high quality ones as promised.
higher quality than the pics in this thread? http://team-bhp.com/forum/showthread...6&page=7&pp=15
hmm ... we need rudra sir's million rupee camera next time ... lol

s
Old 3rd October 2005, 14:58   #14
Senior - BHPian

Hehe i just saw the new additions to the photographs right now satan.

Drifter
Old 3rd October 2005, 15:26   #15
Senior - BHPian

V1p3r this was wonderful review! Well written! Enjoyed reading it!

p.s was there any drag! Vtec vs Baleno or the Zen stole the show!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks