Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2010, 18:50   #61
Senior - BHPian

I belong to an era when Persis Khambatta was a rage. So you can understand my fixation..
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post

+1 to that. I hope the mods do not object to such a fine line of discussion for the evening. But Guru 37-24-37 might not be the exact load bearing stats but lets keep it open for a healthy discussion that day.
Old 14th April 2010, 19:01   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
I belong to an era when Persis Khambatta was a rage. So you can understand my fixation..
I think the last few posts have clarified the point beyond doubt that Delhi MEATS are "men only" events. I read on the Noida meet thread that they contrived to get their families around as well. Well, this ain't happening here! And please please don't take a chance either.
Old 14th April 2010, 20:36   #63
Senior - BHPian

@kapoor: No issues mate if you wanna get families to attend, then we are the most civilised of the lot. A lot of women(read our respective wives atleast) would attest to that (hopefully). Only thing is us "delhi meaters" tend to naturally adapt to our surroundings. Attend one family meet with us and you will understand what I mean.

Last edited by wanderernomad : 14th April 2010 at 20:41.
Old 14th April 2010, 21:06   #64
Senior - BHPian

@kapoor: You intend to bring your family to this meet? Most welcome Sir. you shall not find a more civilised & sober crowd elsewhere.

However, if you wake up the next day with a swollen face becoz of the treatment meted out to you at home, the responsibility shall not be ours or that of the TBHP...
Old 14th April 2010, 22:42   #65
Senior - BHPian

hmm I agree gd bhai a proper and a legal disclaimer.
Old 14th April 2010, 23:53   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Warrior View Post
Not too sure bout this friday but will pull all strings and try to come.

In case if 4S in G.K.-2 suits you then they have 50% off on all special beverages till 10:30 pm which i can get extended till 12 to 12:30. They don't do package but i am sure i can talk them into a discount on food also..
I Find this deal , the best.
Old 15th April 2010, 10:02   #67
Senior - BHPian

VENUE UPDATE
Le't fix it up at "4S, GK2" with a time frame of 6:30 and onwards. I have spoken to The_warrior, as stated he will try to speak to the owner for discounts on food as well.

Anyone know the exact location of 4S ?? Kindly post with map or directions.

OT: GD, Vikram, Nitin - Keep it up Guys
Old 15th April 2010, 11:24   #68
BHPian

Another bad day in the office for the peanut earning manager. Guys, my boss has arranged a formal dinner with the prospective client after the official meeting on 16th, so out goes my chance of coming to our 'meat'

However, I am still trying to excuse my self from the formal dinner and attend the meat, will keep you guys posted by evening today.
Old 15th April 2010, 11:27   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderernomad View Post
@kapoor: No issues mate if you wanna get families to attend, then we are the most civilised of the lot. A lot of women (read our respective wives atleast) would attest to that (hopefully). Only thing is us "delhi meaters" tend to naturally adapt to our surroundings. Attend one family meet with us and you will understand what I mean.
Well I will believe it when I see it.

Quote:
@kapoor: You intend to bring your family to this meet?
Never in my right mind.

My post was to the over-zealous newbie crowd.

OT: What's up with the venue guys? Finalise quick!

Last edited by nkapoor777 : 15th April 2010 at 11:29.
Old 15th April 2010, 11:27   #70
Senior - BHPian

Looks like you're Dead Meat Pankaj
Old 15th April 2010, 11:35   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post
Another bad day in the office for the peanut earning manager. Guys, my boss has arranged a formal dinner with the prospective client after the official meeting on 16th, so out goes my chance of coming to our 'meat'

However, I am still trying to excuse my self from the formal dinner and attend the meat, will keep you guys posted by evening today.
Now you want Gd to comment on prospective client's formal dinner thingy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
OT: What's up with the venue guys? Finalise quick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashthedivx View Post
VENUE UPDATE
Le't fix it up at "4S, GK2" with a time frame of 6:30 and onwards. I have spoken to The_warrior, as stated he will try to speak to the owner for discounts on food as well.

Anyone know the exact location of 4S ?? Kindly post with map or directions.
Old 15th April 2010, 11:56   #72
Senior - BHPian

Have been keeping any eye on this thread and still wish that it was on Sat night :(
Old 15th April 2010, 12:20   #73
Senior - BHPian

Pankaj, you endowed with peanuts? Tch, tch. Prospective client...ahumm...very interesting. Official mee (a) ting. Is the client also formal or informal...? BTW, what do you guys do on a formal dinner? Present roses to each other and b(l)ow umpteen times..

Ya, biwi ne kaha hai ki abhi shareef logon mein uthne baithne ki umar nahi hai tumhari..?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_sachdeva View Post

Aha, is that any eye anywhere or a glad-eye given to roaming? Dear, if wishes were true, then Cindy (Crawford) would have been mine many years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnayak View Post
Have been keeping any eye on this thread and still wish that it was on Sat night :(

Last edited by gd1418 : 15th April 2010 at 12:22.
Old 15th April 2010, 13:13   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Pankaj, you endowed with peanuts? Tch, tch. Prospective client...ahumm...very interesting. Official mee (a) ting. Is the client also formal or informal...? BTW, what do you guys do on a formal dinner? Present roses to each other and b(l)ow umpteen times..

Ya, biwi ne kaha hai ki abhi shareef logon mein uthne baithne ki umar nahi hai tumhari..?

Aha, is that any eye anywhere or a glad-eye given to roaming? Dear, if wishes were true, then Cindy (Crawford) would have been mine many years ago...
ROFAL.... too much.
Old 15th April 2010, 14:29   #75
Senior - BHPian

[/quote]Dear, if wishes were true, then Cindy (Crawford) would have been mine many years ago...[/quote]

I thought you were Swadeshi (read Persis) but you seem to be a closet craw.

@NK: mate dont ever believe everything that you see, after all its all but Maya. (doesnt matter if its gurung, chettri, dolma etc)

Most Viewed