Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2010, 10:54   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
So guys what do you think, should we go to Kolli hills which is about 310km to test your driving skill in those 70 odd hairpins or to yercaud which is about 202km for a much relaxed vacation?
I would prefer yercaud as not ready for the body roll on the hairpins of koli.
In fact don't laugh if I say that I got sick driving the beast in yelagiri itself.
Let me buy a hatch/sedan before I can go to koli hills
Old 21st April 2010, 11:03   #17
BHPian

Again have to miss this as i will be in wayanad.
Old 21st April 2010, 21:36   #18
BHPian

So confirmed guys till now is

Rocky080
Alter_ego
raj.barcode
Rjalihal
vik0728
raghu230506

Hey guys lets first make a firm decision on the place of travel.

All in favour of yercaud say "I".

All in favour of kolli hills say "Kolli"

I would also prefer yercaud like alter, as even my Xylo has body roll and it is a lot closer so more time to relax and enjoy the place.

202km vs 310 km Its left to all the guys coming to decide. Plese decide fast.

The budget should be around 1000-2000 max(excluding fuel and food) as we have not decided the place as yet.

I saw a couple of hotels and resorts in yercaud prices starting from 700-3500 depending on the luxury you want.
Old 22nd April 2010, 09:52   #19
BHPian

I vote for both "I" and "kolli" but kolli gets 55% and yercaud 45%
my guess is that not many people this time around so lets decide and get going

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd April 2010 at 17:04. Reason: Please avoid quoting a long post when replying to a thread.
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

Rocky I'm not trying to get ahead of myself here but just wanted to know if this was just a "ALL BOYS AND THEIR BEASTS" trip or it would be a BHPians with Family kinda a meet??
As you have specified the Budget is the most important and if we know this, we can plan accordingly.

If its just BOYS then 310kms should be a BREEZE!!!
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:21   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Rocky I'm not trying to get ahead of myself here but just wanted to know if this was just a "ALL BOYS AND THEIR BEASTS" trip or it would be a BHPians with Family kinda a meet??
As you have specified the Budget is the most important and if we know this, we can plan accordingly.

If its just BOYS then 310kms should be a BREEZE!!!
Family I assume.Else my fiancee will kick me out.
Old 22nd April 2010, 11:06   #22
BHPian

There are good hotels in Yercaud like:

Hotel Shevroys
Grand Palace (Costly)
Sky Roca (Costly)

Shevroys should be apt as it has walking space, spa, park, restaurant/bar and cost effective for large group.
Grand Palace is best as it gives good views of Yercaud.

Hotel Shevaroys Pvt. Ltd | Started in the year 1971 by Shri. N. Ramaswamy Udayar | Hospitality Services | Accomodation | Restaurant | Bar | Banquet| Multi – cuisine restaurant |Yercaud Hills | Salem |Tamilnadu |India
Hotel in yercaud: Accommodation in yercaud,Lake view resort in yercaud,Valleyview resort yercaud,Resort in yercaud,Resorts in tamilnadu,Resorts insouth India,Star accommodation in yercaud,Best food in yercaud
GRT Nature Trails

Viewpoints:
Pagoda Point
Lady's Seat
Shevroys Hill

Have a nice trip guys!!
Old 22nd April 2010, 13:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

hahaha @Alter I can imagine your plight buddy moreso coz my fiance is my wife now from over 4 months !!

So Rocky & Boys, please confirm the Date and the plan at the earliest. Just can't wait to be there.

Hey @blackstallion76 are you from Bangalore buddy ?? Not sure if its the same ride but if it is, I quite literally pass by your ride every day. You are put up somewhere between Jyngr 4th Block and JP Ngr rite ??

Last edited by Vik0728 : 22nd April 2010 at 13:45.
Old 22nd April 2010, 13:50   #24
BHPian

Quote:
hahaha @Alter I can imagine your plight buddy moreso coz my fiance is my wife now from over 4 months !!

So Rocky & Boys, please confirm the Date and the plan at the earliest. Just can't wait to be there.

Hey @blackstallion76 are you from Bangalore buddy ?? Not sure if its the same ride but if it is, I quite literally pass by your ride every day. You are put up somewhere between Jyngr 4th Block and JP Ngr rite ??
Good now I can be a bit more relaxed.I have someone who might have shared my plight a few months ago.

Anyways I guess we can not jot down the date n the other details.Meanwhile I will PM others in case they haven't noticed this thread.
Old 22nd April 2010, 19:56   #25
BHPian

So its settled then we are going to yercaud.

@vik0728 it is definitely going to be a family outing or my girlfriend will give me a beating of my life.She is already ticked off for going with my friend to the nagarhole meet.

So guys here is what i have planned.

1) Gather near HSR layout CCD( have cofee,i wonder if it will be open) at 6.00am on 1st May take a headcount.

2)Start off by max 6.30am. Go to the Anand bhavan A2B after hosur have breakfast then start again by 8.30 and try to maintain a convoy till we stop near krishnagiri toll gate.

3)Then we can head to yercaud via dharampuri, kadayampati, danishpet.

4)Stop along the ghat roads for a photosession maybe and give alter some time to puke

5)once we reach yercaud we can check into hotel shevaroy rest for a while. It was quite good and reasonable the last time i visited it.here is the link to the tariffs
http://www.shevaroysgroup.com/tariff.php. Please decide and let me know which rooms you would like so i can get booking done if we book together then we can get some discount so please decide fast and let me know.

6)Then we can start visiting all the places on this link one by one
YERCAUD Attractions, Yercaud Tourist Places, Yercaud Sightseeing

7)Enjoy at night

8)Again start visiting places left out and finish our excursion by 2nd afternoon and head back home.

Any more suggestion and comments please do post.

So people confirmed till now are
Rocky080
Alter_ego
raj.barcode
Rjalihal
vik0728
raghu230506

Last edited by rocky080 : 22nd April 2010 at 20:07.
Old 22nd April 2010, 21:19   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
4)Stop along the ghat roads for a photosession maybe and give alter some time to puke
Grrrrr

Sounds pretty good to me.Guys spread the word.Where did the entire army go?How come only 6 have responded till now?

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd April 2010 at 17:05. Reason: Please avoid quoting a long post when replying to a thread.
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:26   #27
BHPian

Hello guys...
I am in,
Just came to know from Rocky and then Chikku that you are already running a thread on it.
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:30   #28
BHPian

updated list of people joining

Rocky080
Alter_ego
raj.barcode
Rjalihal
vik0728
raghu230506
Asdon
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:40   #29
BHPian

Quote:

@vik0728:
Yes. I am very much from Bangalore. I stay near Vidyapeeta Circle (BSK 1st Stage).
Nice to know you guys are planning for Yercaud. I had a good time last month there. A photo session at night from the hill would be awesome.
I am already planned for jungle safari near Kutta; otherwise i would have joined.

Enjoi maadi..!!
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:41   #30
BHPian

Guys we are facing a major roadblock. I just spoke to the hotel we were planning on staying and they have no rooms vacant. So if anybody knows any other good place to stay please do lets us know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks