Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:45   #31
BHPian

Try this
Yercaud Hotels, Yercaud Resorts, MM Holiday Inn yercaud

I stayed there when we went to Yercaud, nice place... Bit small place, but good enough place to stay. Food is great here.
Old 23rd April 2010, 11:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

*****@vik0728 it is definitely going to be a family outing or my girlfriend will give me a beating of my life.She is already ticked off for going with my friend to the nagarhole meet.*****

Rocky Now we're talking eh!!!

On a Serious note Count Me in for the trip irrespective of the lodging place coz I just wanna get out and Drive!! Since my main priority is the drive and meet with the fellow bhpians, nominal rooms should do just fine for us. Me and My Wifey will be at the HSR CCD by 6am.

Now as Raj has referred to the new place, would you contact them Rocky or should me and any of us help you with this??
Old 23rd April 2010, 12:13   #33
BHPian

@KR raj thanks for the info but unfortunately they are also jam packed.

I have called about 10-15 hotels and resorts till now, but all seem to be jam packed.

EDIT:Guys i have tried calling all the hotels on the following links and all are jam packed

http://www.indiahotelreview.com/destination_yercaud.htm

http://domestichotels.yatra.com/hote...m=1&from=YATRA

Any other suggestions anyone.

(PLAN B)As a last resort we can find Good rooms in salem which is about 33km from yercaud.

Last edited by rocky080 : 23rd April 2010 at 12:26.
Old 23rd April 2010, 12:34   #34
Senior - BHPian

Guys since we would have families tagging along, as long as the rooms are descent enough, I guess none of us should really have a problem.

Personally, I am only looking at the Drive & Time we Bhpians would have together.

I am ok with Salem as long as all you guys are. So Rocky, please count me in!
Old 23rd April 2010, 12:38   #35
BHPian

Rocky - Good to see you guys are rocking!

My suggestion will be instead of staying in Salem (or for that matter in an adjustable place rather than a good place), you could postpone your trip by some days...its of no use to go to Yercaud and stay in Salem. ( You will miss the entire charm of a NIGHT in YERCAUD ).

Also they have a good local festival in May which you could check out if interested and coincide your journey accordingly.

Sky Roca could be a nice place.
Old 23rd April 2010, 12:39   #36
BHPian

Good to see your spirit vikram. Salem is our last resort. Fellow bhpians are googling as i type this I know atleast one other person who is doing it right now and lets hope for the best.

I already called them DD they are also full. The reason for having the trip on 1st and 2nd is its a holiday for most people and its a weekend. The dates of travel does not make a big difference to me(Perks of being unemployed) But others will have work so.

Whew i did not realise that finding rooms in yercaud is going to be such a task. Even when trying to book 1week in advance.

@Raj.barcode sorry for the bad news but hotel shevaroys is full. So trying to find other hotels as of now.

Last edited by rocky080 : 23rd April 2010 at 12:47.
Old 23rd April 2010, 12:39   #37
BHPian

i am ok with the rooms and tariff a basic room or rose suite if available should be good enough for me; but i really doubt if my wife will join me anyway will confirm
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:29   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
On a Serious note Count Me in for the trip irrespective of the lodging place coz I just wanna get out and Drive!! Since my main priority is the drive and meet with the fellow bhpians, nominal rooms should do just fine for us. Me and My Wifey will be at the HSR CCD by 6am.
Cheers Vik!! Love the spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
Good to see your spirit vikram. Salem is our last resort. Fellow bhpians are googling as i type this I know atleast one other person who is doing it right now and lets hope for the best.

I already called them DD they are also full. The reason for having the trip on 1st and 2nd is its a holiday for most people and its a weekend. The dates of travel does not make a big difference to me(Perks of being unemployed) But others will have work so.

Whew i did not realise that finding rooms in yercaud is going to be such a task. Even when trying to book 1week in advance.

@Raj.barcode sorry for the bad news but hotel shevaroys is full. So trying to find other hotels as of now.
Rocky great going.
As Vik mentioned any decent rooms will do as girlfriends/wifeys are also coming.

I guess Salem would be Ok for everyone but we would miss out on the night beauty of Yercaud.And trust me you cannot enjoy during the night in Salem at least.

By anychance do we have the option of going there and then finding hotels as many of their telephone numbers would not be listed but yet they might be decent hotels.Just thinking out loud.Can be wrong though.
Old 23rd April 2010, 14:50   #39
BHPian

I was searching it, but couldn't find any contacts for home stays. Tried asking it from Sterllings hotel guys they were only suggesting other hotels and they too are booked.
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:28   #40
Senior - BHPian

Thanks @Alter, U can imagine how desperatly I wanna get out and most importantly drive away with fellow bhpians!!

Rocky if Salem is just a cool drive away from Yercaud, then we might as well stay there and drive down to Yercaud early morning.
Unless as Alter mentioned, nights are really not good at Salem..what do you actually mean by this buddy ??
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:50   #41
BHPian

I think Salem will not be as bad option as we are thinking, its max 40 mins to 1 hr drive(29 km) from the hills, and as parent will not know we can stay longer time during night and then come back to Salem, what say guys?

And there are many hotels on the way who might not be listed to going there and checking may also be an option, I did it in Chikmagalur during 25th Dec, and got rooms, hope this is a bigger place than Chikmagalur and its not 25th Dec.
Old 23rd April 2010, 16:08   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Thanks @Alter, U can imagine how desperatly I wanna get out and most importantly drive away with fellow bhpians!!

Unless as Alter mentioned, nights are really not good at Salem..what do you actually mean by this buddy ??
Nothing to freak out.Its dull and you can find only drunkars and dogs on the streets

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
I think Salem will not be as bad option as we are thinking, its max 40 mins to 1 hr drive(29 km) from the hills, and as parent will not know we can stay longer time during night and then come back to Salem, what say guys?

And there are many hotels on the way who might not be listed to going there and checking may also be an option, I did it in Chikmagalur during 25th Dec, and got rooms, hope this is a bigger place than Chikmagalur and its not 25th Dec.
Exactly what I was saying.
Old 23rd April 2010, 16:40   #43
Senior - BHPian

Aah ha @Alter if its to do with just Drunkards and Dogs, then I will run over Dogs who Don't Drink!!!
Was jez kiddin' boys. I Looove Animals!!

So do we have all our Bangalore Bhpians agreeing with Asdon, Alter and Me for the Salem plan ???

Last edited by Vik0728 : 23rd April 2010 at 16:42.
Old 23rd April 2010, 16:52   #44
BHPian

I am ok with staying at salem. And as asdon has said we can stay out late in yercaud before coming down to salem at night even salem would have cooled down.So we'll have the best of both worlds, Salem heat and yercaud cooling. If we are luck while coming down to salem we might be able to spot bisons on the ghat roads at night.
Old 23rd April 2010, 17:29   #45
BHPian

oh come on rocky, how many bisons you want to spot? not satisfied with Nagarahole it seems

Most Viewed