Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2010, 21:46   #76
BHPian

Is the trip stil on?? I don't see any warm up posts
Old 30th April 2010, 22:03   #77
BHPian

The meet is still on as far as i am concerned.I will do the meet with or without anybody else participating.

People confirmed are
Rocky080
Alter_ego
Vik0278
Raj.barcode

s3va*
raghu*

*tentative

@confirmed people meeting point 2.30pm near nice-kanakapura junction. We'll be pushing of from the meeting place Max by 2.45.

For anybody willing to join us we'll be in dirt mania quad bike center on kanakapura road from around 3Pm to 6Pm on 1st may.

@alter will join you at HSR layout CCD at 1pm
Old 30th April 2010, 22:08   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
@alter will join you at HSR layout CCD at 1pm
Damn !!! You had earlier said 1:30
I have some really imp work in that half an hour.Going to get myself a lab at 10 in the morning and should be back by 1pm.Keep those 30 mins as margin for error.
Make it 1:30
Old 30th April 2010, 22:15   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Damn !!! You had earlier said 1:30
I have some really imp work in that half an hour.Going to get myself a lab at 10 in the morning and should be back by 1pm.Keep those 30 mins as margin for error.
Make it 1:30
Ok ok will be there by 1.30.
Old 2nd May 2010, 09:34   #80
BHPian

Hurrycane and Me went to J.C. road by 1:30 hoping to finish all the work on the Baleno by 2:30 and head towards kanakapura road; as fate would have it we were stuck till 3:30 and then i proceeded towards Mysore road after picking up my wife for a karting session hurrycane stayed back to finish his work on the car.

Meanwhile Chikku and rocky were waiting for us to start karting. we buy some tickets to the most powerful carts for us three and smaller one for wife and we started.

Me and My wife were doing it for the first time and rocky seem to have mastered the track and karting as he had been to "grips" probably for about ten times or more. He was just blazing around while me and chikku were ok for the first six laps.

We felt very good about ourselves so decided to do another set of 12 laps and rocky was like "i will lap you guys for sure".

yes we were that bad and he was that good, but for our surprise we did pretty well the next 12 laps in tandem with rocky really rocking the track.

It was really awesome rocky !! indeed, we should do it again sometime
Old 2nd May 2010, 20:09   #81
BHPian

Hey pics speak up louder than words!!
Old 2nd May 2010, 22:09   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_carmaster View Post
Hey pics speak up louder than words!!
Hope this helps

Getting armoured up

All Bangalore bhpians plan for may 1st and 2nd trip to hill station or beach-0501_151013.jpg

Chikku getting the heads up

All Bangalore bhpians plan for may 1st and 2nd trip to hill station or beach-0501_151617.jpg

The Victory walk

All Bangalore bhpians plan for may 1st and 2nd trip to hill station or beach-0501_151734.jpg

Confirmed one thing.The handle is not connected to anything.The wheels have a mind of their own
All Bangalore bhpians plan for may 1st and 2nd trip to hill station or beach-0501_151300.jpg
Old 2nd May 2010, 22:42   #83
BHPian

Hey guys here are a couple of pics from side a pity no one was there to take our photos. Though the number of people was low nevertheless great fun.

Enroute from dirt mania to grips saw Khan_sultan gypsy along with 8-9 other jeeps on kankapura road maybe they were having an OTR meet .

@alter you should have waited till we went carting everybody went crazy there.

The meet report:

First we went to dirt mania which is a quad biking venue. Though i had done this a couple of times before the feel was more like driving a auto/tractor. All of us were quite bad in doing that i have to say. So decided better to do something which we are a little better at.

Then me and chikku drove to "grips" through nice road.once we reached there had a soft drink chilled for a while and were waiting for raj to join us.
Once raj joined in we started our fun.
We drove about 24 laps in a 12BHP cart which goes really fast. Though i won this time as it was the first time for the chikku and raj. They catch on really quickly. On the last 12 laps of race they really gave me a run for my money after i spun out at a corner.

Next time i have to up my game a lot more i guess or may be bribe the carting center guy to sabotage your carts or tune my cart a little better.

guys why dont we do carting on a regular basis say every sunday morning?

The all terrain vehicles(ATV's) that we drove.
All Bangalore bhpians plan for may 1st and 2nd trip to hill station or beach-dsc00336.jpg
Our Road terrain vehicles.
All Bangalore bhpians plan for may 1st and 2nd trip to hill station or beach-dsc00340.jpg
Did some off roading of our own as a huge tree had fallen down on kankpura road so this was the detour offered.The pics don't do justice to the gradient this road had.
All Bangalore bhpians plan for may 1st and 2nd trip to hill station or beach-dsc00343.jpg

All Bangalore bhpians plan for may 1st and 2nd trip to hill station or beach-dsc00345.jpg
The carting track.
All Bangalore bhpians plan for may 1st and 2nd trip to hill station or beach-dsc00346.jpg
The carts driven by somebody else while me and chikku were chilling out with soft drinks.
All Bangalore bhpians plan for may 1st and 2nd trip to hill station or beach-dsc00347.jpg

Last edited by rocky080 : 2nd May 2010 at 22:45.
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:51   #84
BHPian

Darn I missed all the fun
Old 3rd May 2010, 12:34   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post

Darn I missed all the fun

Sure you did buddy; you could have done all the drifting on the track like the way you do it on the road.
Old 3rd May 2010, 13:47   #86
Senior - BHPian

I missed all this ??

It always happens with me man, just when everything I want to do in life is becomng a reality, somthing happens and I end up not doing it!!

Guys, plsssssss plan another Meet and this time I'll ensure that I'll be there come what may
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:06   #87
BHPian

Shouldn't we request the mods to change the name of this thread to dirt mania or something as currently none of the pics are anyways related to hill station or beach

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks