Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2010, 19:50   #976
BHPian

Venue : Boat Party !!!!

Capacity : 90 Pax

Timings : 9:00PM-Midnight (2hr cruising + 1 hour standing)

Prices : 12k NON AC (10k for 2 hours + 2k for extra hour i negotiated) or 17K AC

Food : Rs 340/head, Full buffet + 2 non veg dishes .

Organised by Haritha Restaurant( APTDC) . I shall negotiate on maybe getting Yatri Nivas to cater since their Kheema Biryani and the Veg Fried rice is fairly good

Availability : no slots until 31st Oct . Fix a date after that and it should be done.

Budget : If 30 PAX confirm. It should roughly work out to Rs.750/ Head and kids go FREE

Confirmed Names:
Absynthguzzler + 6
MileCruncher +1
Ravveendrra
SILVERWOOD
Extremetorque+1
Srimath
Mobike008 + 1
Arcotsrinivas

I am In if its on a weekend.
Old 10th October 2010, 23:42   #977
BHPian

Prices : 12k NON AC (10k for 2 hours + 2k for extra hour i negotiated) or 17K AC

Organised by Haritha Restaurant( APTDC) . I shall negotiate on maybe getting Yatri Nivas to cater since their Kheema Biryani and the Veg Fried rice is fairly good

Availability : no slots until 31st Oct . Fix a date after that and it should be done.

Budget : If 30 PAX confirm. It should roughly work out to Rs.750/ Head and kids go FREE

Confirmed Names:
Absynthguzzler + 6
MileCruncher +1
Ravveendrra
SILVERWOOD
Extremetorque+1
Srimath
Mobike008 + 1
Arcotsrinivas
Traveloholic

Total Head-count: 18

*FYI: I just had a look at the Calendar & it looks like it's Diwali on 6th. Then, it would Dhanteras/Dhantrayodashi on 5th. I would love to join in if it's not a Festival Day.
Old 11th October 2010, 10:05   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post

*FYI: I just had a look at the Calendar & it looks like it's Diwali on 6th. Then, it would Dhanteras/Dhantrayodashi on 5th. I would love to join in if it's not a Festival Day.
I guess Diwali is on 5th ( Diwali 2010 ). Whether it is on 5th or even on 6th, keeping the boat party on any festival weekend will make it very tough for so many of us to confirm so I suggest that the date be freezed for 13-Nov-2010, a Saturday.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:03   #979
BHPian

Confirmed Names:
Absynthguzzler + 6
MileCruncher +1
Ravveendrra
SILVERWOOD
Extremetorque+1
Srimath
Mobike008 + 1
Arcotsrinivas
Traveloholic
Ushuaia (Tentative: Depends on Date)

Total Head-count: 19

Apologies team, have missed out on lot due to personal exigencies.
Old 11th October 2010, 11:47   #980
Distinguished - BHPian

I think what Hyd_Traveller mentioned is right.

If Diwali gets changed to Nov 6th and if we confirm it will be a major issue as most of us including me will be backing out.

Since we need to confirm to APTDC well in advance, i recommend we block it for Nov 13.

Is that OK for all? Please come forward and re-confirm. Also, someone has to take initiative of collecting the money well in advance.

Who can volunteer for this activity?

Date : Nov 13th, 2010

Prices : 12k NON AC (10k for 2 hours + 2k for extra hour i negotiated)

Confirmed Names:
Absynthguzzler + 6
MileCruncher +1
Ravveendrra
SILVERWOOD
Extremetorque+1
Srimath
Mobike008 + 1
Arcotsrinivas
Traveloholic

Old 11th October 2010, 11:59   #981
Senior - BHPian

Confirmed Names:
Absynthguzzler + 6
MileCruncher +1
Ravveendrra
SILVERWOOD
Extremetorque+1
Srimath
Mobike008 + 1
Arcotsrinivas
Traveloholic
satish_appasani (1 confirmed + 1 tentative)

Old 11th October 2010, 12:16   #982
BHPian

Guys, Ive made a telephonic booking for the 13th of Nov, however AP tourism works on first come first serve basis. ie, the person who hands in a DD in favour of the booking ends up getting the slot allotted.

If everyone is happy with the date, then I shall go ahead and pay the advance for the boat. Food and the rest can be handled closer to the date.

I suggest members also get their own family, friends and families outside of Team-bhp involved since the boat capacity is 90!. This would not only bring the cost of the experience down further , it would also be a good experience for many. Its rare to have this event in small numbers all by yourselves since the crowds on the regular day tours are not particularly enterprising to interact with .

PS : If there is a majority on "aye" .. then i can arrange for a well known DJ crew to keep the boat rocking for 5k . Think bout it and let me know.
Old 11th October 2010, 12:22   #983
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by absynthguzzler View Post
Guys, Ive made a telephonic booking for the 13th of Nov, however AP tourism works on first come first serve basis. ie, the person who hands in a DD in favour of the booking ends up getting the slot allotted.

If everyone is happy with the date, then I shall go ahead and pay the advance for the boat. Food and the rest can be handled closer to the date. .
I suggest we wait until end of this week to make the DD advance payment to APTDC.

Arun, is it possible for you to ask them to honour their verbal comittment until this weekend?

Quote:
I suggest members also get their own family, friends and families outside of Team-bhp involved since the boat capacity is 90!. This would not only bring the cost of the experience down further , it would also be a good experience for many. Its rare to have this event in small numbers all by yourselves since the crowds on the regular day tours are not particularly enterprising to interact with . .
+1. More the merrier and cost will come down drastically. That's what i call a double whammy

Quote:
PS : If there is a majority on "aye" .. then i can arrange for a well known DJ crew to keep the boat rocking for 5k . Think bout it and let me know.
This sounds exciting. Did you see the brit movie " The boat that rocked". Looks like it will be exactly like that.
Old 11th October 2010, 12:45   #984
BHPian

Arun got loads of plans up his kitty. Thanks Arun for coming up with idea to rock the party for sure. WHAT AN IDEA SIR JI!!!

With a DJ onboard, this would surely be a worth while party for sure. I'm having a word with a couple of my people inlcuding FleetMaster, who seems to be in MIA (Missing In Action) mode as of now. Shall populate the list soon. However, as Avi said... hold on till the weekend and then lets make the payment.

Last edited by traveloholic : 11th October 2010 at 12:47.
Old 11th October 2010, 13:33   #985
Distinguished - BHPian

Confirmed Names:
Absynthguzzler + 6
MileCruncher +1
Ravveendrra
SILVERWOOD
Extremetorque+1
Srimath
Mobike008 + 1
Arcotsrinivas
Traveloholic
Satish_Appasani ( + 1 Tentative)
Anshul Sharma ( Non-TBHPian) + 1

Total Head-count: 21
Old 11th October 2010, 13:36   #986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I suggest we wait until end of this week to make the DD advance payment to APTDC.
+1 to Avi

I suggest all those confirming to pay Rs500/head right now like we had done for the Ghazal Night. Any body cancelling forfeits the deposit. This will give us a truer picture also of the numbers.

Cheers
Old 11th October 2010, 13:45   #987
Senior - BHPian

OT: Suggestion for Holiday Option in November

I have just received a voucher from Mahindra & Mahindra entitling me to a 3N/4D holiday at any 3 star hotel booked through Club Mahindra Travel.

Even though the properties are spread across India, I have selected the following:
South: Ashtamudi, Masinagudi, Ooty, Cochin, Kodai
West: Goa, Panchgani, Khandala, Lonavala

Ideally I don't want to spend more than a day driving to reach the destination. Hence the limit is about 800 Kms.

I'm looking to take this break sometime in November end.

What do you suggest guys?
Old 11th October 2010, 16:01   #988
Distinguished - BHPian

Nikhil, where is the action of Dandia this season? Malla Reddy or Classic Gardens?

Anyone game for a Dandia Meet preferably on 8th or 9th day of Navratri which is this friday or saturday?
Old 11th October 2010, 17:18   #989
BHPian

Avi Saab. There are a number of events on in the city right now. Malla Reddy Gardens, Imperial Gardens, Ramoji Film City & Leonia has it for 3 days only.

Lets have a Dandiya Meet on the last day of Navratri, i.e: Saturday. I would say Malla Reddy would rock the whole night & it would be a amazing. The fun and festivities on the last day continue till 3-4 in the morning & this can be followed by an early morning breakfast, if you guys want to.
Old 11th October 2010, 21:33   #990
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveloholic View Post
Avi Saab. There are a number of events on in the city right now. Malla Reddy Gardens, Imperial Gardens, Ramoji Film City & Leonia has it for 3 days only.

Lets have a Dandiya Meet on the last day of Navratri, i.e: Saturday. I would say Malla Reddy would rock the whole night & it would be a amazing. The fun and festivities on the last day continue till 3-4 in the morning & this can be followed by an early morning breakfast, if you guys want to.
I am game for a night session of Dandia Raas. Btw, anyone plays the garba? Wont be able to stay until wee hours as sunday is festivities with loads of goodies for lunch to celebrate Dussera at a cousins place.

Standard dishes each year being Kofta Kebabs ( boiled egg covered with minced meat), Chicken Kebabs on grill, Mutton Chops, Mutton Fry, 2-3 more chicken and meat snacks and finally the most heavenly mutton biryani cooked by my aunt which almost 50 people eat

So you see cannot miss that lunch for anything on this earth
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks