Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2014, 20:15   #76
BHPian

Re: T-BHP Bhubaneshwar Chapter (Meets/Discussions/Drive)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Hi Adit,

There nothing that the Indian Government can do in this. It's us as customers who have to be educated on such subject matters so that we are not fooled by the people of this unorganized industry.

I had a Swift Dzire, the 1st in Kolkata when it was launched and I continuously used a MOTUL 5W40 Fully Synthetic Engine Oil in that vehicle over a span of 5 Years with No Issues what-so-ever. The Engine Always sounded like new and fresh with minimal diesel sound & vibration on low & high speeds. The quieter the diesel engine, the better. I guess the Oil your cousin is using must be heavier in Genre resulting in the Car to be noisier than yours.

However, I suppose usage of a Semi Synthetic 5W30/ 5W40 in Marutis with Fiat Diesel Engines are the best to use for optimum performance. Try It !!
Thanks Brother, You are surely someone who takes great care of his car. But here in Bhubaneswar things are different. I can take you to people who have been driving their Dzires with the Service Vehicle Soon light on since the past 1 month. The car makes such a horrid sound during cold starts. But I have one small doubt- Is the engine oil (Castrol 15w40 Magnatec Diesel) same as the one used by MASS as MGDO? And if I buy this oil from the Castrol dealer in Bhubaneswar and use it in my car, do you think the distributor would sell me the same genuine, oil? I am suspicious because once MASS had put crap gear oil in my car(Relstar Gapco Gear oil). I had to change it again, Loss was around Rs 1000.
Old 27th October 2014, 00:19   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adit mishra View Post
Thanks Brother, You are surely someone who takes great care of his car. But here in Bhubaneswar things are different. I can take you to people who have been driving their Dzires with the Service Vehicle Soon light on since the past 1 month. The car makes such a horrid sound during cold starts. But I have one small doubt- Is the engine oil (Castrol 15w40 Magnatec Diesel) same as the one used by MASS as MGDO? And if I buy this oil from the Castrol dealer in Bhubaneswar and use it in my car, do you think the distributor would sell me the same genuine, oil? I am suspicious because once MASS had put crap gear oil in my car(Relstar Gapco Gear oil). I had to change it again, Loss was around Rs 1000.
Hey Adit,

May be that particular MASS is doing that for their own benefits as Maruti does not approve of it. Also, check if that MASS is a Maruti Vehicle Dealer as well (I doubt). This one must be just a stand alone Authorized Service Centre. If you complain to Maruti, their dealership will be at stake.

Make sure you are buying the Engine Oil from a genuine source. If the source is genuine, you will not be buying a fake one.

If you want to opt for Castrol, buy it from a Castrol Point (authorized retail outlet) without bothering the distributor for a piece of oil.

Cheers !!!!
Old 27th October 2014, 07:43   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ-got-BHP View Post
Hey Adit,

May be that particular MASS is doing that for their own benefits as Maruti does not approve of it. Also, check if that MASS is a Maruti Vehicle Dealer as well (I doubt). This one must be just a stand alone Authorized Service Centre. If you complain to Maruti, their dealership will be at stake.

Make sure you are buying the Engine Oil from a genuine source. If the source is genuine, you will not be buying a fake one.

If you want to opt for Castrol, buy it from a Castrol Point (authorized retail outlet) without bothering the distributor for a piece of oil.

Cheers !!!!
Thanks brother, That was a stand alone authorized service center in my native place. I thought that all MASS are equal. I will change all the crap he put in my car. And what do you refer to as a Castrol point? Is there a Castrol point in Bhubaneswar? When I called Castrol helpline they gave me their Dealer number. And as a matter of fact 15w40 is not available anywhere here. I will take it to the nearest dealer workshop tomorrow itself. There is not even a Castrol pitstop in Orissa.
Old 31st October 2014, 14:10   #79
BHPian

Hi Team Bhpians,
Anyone willing to go for an oil change for their diesel car? I want to purchase 20-25 litres of Magnatec 15w40 Castrol from the Authorised Castrol Distributor. I doubt the quality of oil being used by MASS here. If we can form a small group of Team Bhpians who own diesel cars and need 15w40 engine oil, we can save a lot of money as well as time.
Old 2nd November 2014, 07:37   #80
BHPian

Hi Team Bhpians,
I want to share my 10k and 20k service experience. In Bhubaneswar we have 3 service centres. For my 10k service I had taken my car to Jyote motors. Some salient points from my experience-

10k Service at JYOTE Motors-

1. Customers are treated akin to drivers. They are not even offered water.
2. You cannot see your car while it is being serviced.
3. The customer has infinite time and patience. They will never give you a fixed time. When your car has been serviced they will park your car on the narrow National Highway. If someone scratches your car, you are responsible.

20k Service at SKY AUTOMOBILES-

1. Their customer service is their forte. They are courteous, polite and very time bound. They even arrange lunch for you if it is late.
2. You can stand by your car while it is being serviced. They will never stop you from entering their work place.
3. Strictly time bound and punctual, they value your time. Even if your car is delayed the Service Advisor will arrange a car for you if you are in a hurry.
4. At Sky they never park newly serviced vehicles on the road. They have a huge space and your car will be parked in shade.

This was my personal experience. I am not a sales person. I am just making an effort to help fellow Team Bhpians.
Old 10th April 2015, 12:00   #81
BHPian

Seems like the activity in the forum is not that much. Much of T-BHPians from Bhubaneswar would be residing in other places for job commitment, case-in-point, myself. But we can always meet up, at least for once a year when we would be in our Hometown for vacation. How about starting an yearly meet at BBSR? I am sure, most of us would be visiting BBSR, either during Dussehra or Diwali. How about fixing one during that time every year?
Old 10th April 2015, 22:44   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingCynical View Post
Seems like the activity in the forum is not that much. Much of T-BHPians from Bhubaneswar would be residing in other places for job commitment, case-in-point, myself. But we can always meet up, at least for once a year when we would be in our Hometown for vacation. How about starting an yearly meet at BBSR? I am sure, most of us would be visiting BBSR, either during Dussehra or Diwali. How about fixing one during that time every year?
agreed with your comment. We should start a annual meet at BBSR. Dussehra vacation should be a good time for all.
Old 11th April 2015, 16:25   #83
BHPian

Here is my ride (Odisha).
With a TBHP sticker on the rear.
Attached Thumbnails
T-BHP Bhubaneshwar Chapter (Meets/Discussions/Drive)-img20150406wa0000.jpg  

Old 14th May 2015, 11:38   #84
BHPian

Planning to be in BBSR sometimes in July. Date not fixed yet. Anyone available? We can plan a meet.
Old 16th June 2015, 13:24   #85
BHPian

Hello Fellow BHPians,

I reside in Bhubaneswar, so I don't have any issues with the dates. Even through I am a newbie here, I have been following TeamBHP since its inception. So guys, let's chalk out the feasibility of other members who are willing for the Meet.
Old 21st June 2015, 14:55   #86
BHPian

Im in Bbsr. Game for a meet. This is my ride here with the tbhp LTD. Planning to make it to the Kolkata Summer Meet - 28 June 2015 if my work situation permits travelling there (fingers crossed though). A meet in Bbsr would be great! May be a 100-150km long drive either starting from NALCO chowk to Sainik School Rd!!! Destinations are many.

T-BHP Bhubaneshwar Chapter (Meets/Discussions/Drive)-img00010201506141010.jpg.
Unavowed_X9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2015, 17:22   #87
BHPian

No offenses, but Kolkata Summer meet on June 28, 2015 won't be possible for me. At least for this year. However, a meet in Bhubaneswar will be terrfic. With the monsoons around, the drive will be awesome for sure.

I would like to know what others BHPians, currently in BBSR think?
Old 23rd June 2015, 17:34   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeprevving View Post
No offenses, but Kolkata Summer meet on June 28, 2015 won't be possible for me. At least for this year. However, a meet in Bhubaneswar will be terrfic. With the monsoons around, the drive will be awesome for sure.

I would like to know what others BHPians, currently in BBSR think?
Ready for a meet in Bbsr. Any time!
Old 2nd July 2015, 23:31   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello fellow TBHPians,
how many of us are free/ready to meet this Sunday (5th July)? We can meet up somewhere in the city for sometime. We could form a Whatsapp group too to interact within us and help each other out with our knowledge of the city and beyond.

Since the idea of a meet has dragging since long, I take the liberty to suggest a meet this weekend itself. Do pour in your ideas and try to join us this Sunday.

Warm regards,
Ashis Satpathy
Old 3rd July 2015, 08:47   #90
BHPian

Game for a meet. Anytime. Let me know the Date/Time/Place.
Drive options include:
1. Pir Jahanian (nr Astaranga), appx 85 km from Bhubaneswar.
2. Potagarh Old Fort at Rushikulya River - Sea Junction (nr Jayashree Chemicals, Ganjam), appx 140 km from Bhubaneswar.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks