Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2005, 16:39   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Couldn't have said it better! But you missed "cornering" from that sentence.
Rtech, Earlier i drove her to 185 only cause she had the speed limiter at that--Jap version na.
I got a chip[speed delimiter they call it] put in which changes the signals to MPH to the speedo but which still gives kmph signals to the ECU. SO the ecu is fooled.
Thats how this was the first time I could go over 185. Believe me, I've driven a Lot of cars, but the way this baby handled, is just TOO GREAT!!.
She was rock steady at 245 and handling was esctacy, believe me. Over the culverts she was amazing, if you know what I mean.
at 155mph[248kmph] she was revving at 7000 in 6th. so there was atleast 500rpm balance. her top rpm cutoff is 8000.
Old 26th October 2005, 16:45   #167
Team-BHP Support

So the WRX handled the "Indian Autobahn" well! I know the ESP was kicking in on the C on a few corners up the ghats. I'm sure the WRX must have been revelling in those same conditions!

As for the top speed of the WRX, that's really not what the car is about I guess. Though we were all a bit dissapointed as we were hoping to hear the flat four at high revvs!
Old 26th October 2005, 17:10   #168
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Choose! SLK or Boxster?

Black is Black. GTO waiting for the Prosches.

Auto Hangar : CLS350

Auto Hangar : CLS500

Thats for you, Ported.

Wonder why this guy put this nose on his SL500? 90% of the crowd mistook it for an SLK rather than an SLR.
Old 26th October 2005, 17:51   #169
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Extremely nice pictures of the C220 - Thanks guys, V12 and Rudra. Right clicked and saved to favorites folder.

@ Scooby - We were side by side your Scooby on palm beach waiting to hear her at full throttle. Unfortunately, the long haired dude driving it was not gunning it.

@ Rtech - I gotta tell you that your driving skills commend you to an entirely different level. It was absolute nirvana to see you hustle the C220 up the Lonavla ghats with immaculate precision in gears, racing line, steering inputs and braking. You would not have been able to tell so much from the drivers seat, but we passengers could feel ya "catching" the C on slides. Normally a person takes a little time to get accustomed to a new machine, but Mr. powerbox took to the C like a fish does to water. Very well driven.

GTO
Old 26th October 2005, 18:18   #170
BANNED

@ Rtech - I gotta tell you that your driving skills commend you to an entirely different level. It was absolute nirvana to see you hustle the C220 up the Lonavla ghats with immaculate precision in gears, racing line, steering inputs and braking. You would not have been able to tell so much from the drivers seat, but we passengers could feel ya "catching" the C on slides. Normally a person takes a little time to get accustomed to a new machine, but Mr. powerbox took to the C like a fish does to water. Very well driven.

GTO[/quote]
Hey GTO,

I second that got some amazing driving skills especially the cornering on the ghats. I thought we hit 240kmph on the expressway at least thats what it looked like from my view point at the back.

@GTO - One marvellous piece of machinery you got there especially with the tyres. Amazing pickup and super smoth engine. Did not feel we were doing more than 100/120kmph. I bet for someone who's never been a merc will not be able to make out between a petrol and diesel from inside the car when in motion.

Viper

Last edited by viper : 26th October 2005 at 18:20.
Old 26th October 2005, 18:49   #171
BHPian

dippy where are your pics...im waiting for them.....
also what did u think of the ligts
Old 26th October 2005, 19:07   #172
BHPian

Seeing the reviews of scooby05 impreza and gto 's C220 i am getting tempted to have a ride on these machines......
Old 26th October 2005, 21:15   #173

motoextreme

the rally was covered cool instead of non turning of the super cars but it was fun with the tbhp fellas, the drive till lonav was great.
met some of the team bhpiens for the first time
we personally had a great time following ""MANSON"" after having the food we were the first to reach taj's with dippy and his bro as co-passangers

by the way dippy u know the nick now.
Old 26th October 2005, 21:45   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bipasha's Cayenne
Hot car owned by a HOT HOT woman. No pics of Bips? Would rather look at her then the Cayenne!
Old 26th October 2005, 22:09   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by full rpm
the rally was covered cool instead of non turning of the super cars but it was fun with the tbhp fellas, the drive till lonav was great.
met some of the team bhpiens for the first time
we personally had a great time following ""MANSON"" after having the food we were the first to reach taj's with dippy and his bro as co-passangers

by the way dippy u know the nick now.
hey full rpm

The drive back from Lonavla was great. I was never a fan of the Terracan but the ride on Sunday changed my opinion and I was very impressed with it. We had quite a ball on the Expressway didnt we?

And yes the White H2 has indeed been seized

Last edited by Dippy : 26th October 2005 at 22:56.
Old 27th October 2005, 09:59   #176
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Hot car owned by a HOT HOT woman. No pics of Bips? Would rather look at her then the Cayenne!
she does not know how to drive - driven by driver or John Abraham
Old 27th October 2005, 10:24   #177
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I thought we hit 240kmph on the expressway at least thats what it looked like from my view point at the back.
maybe, after I was reminded of sixth gear lol
Old 27th October 2005, 12:27   #178
Senior - BHPian

@ Scooby - We were side by side your Scooby on palm beach waiting to hear her at full throttle. Unfortunately, the long haired dude driving it was not gunning it.

GTO[/quote]
Thanks for the info. It was my driver, and he's got a Pat on his back, because of your info. I was taking a ride in the Spur.
Old 27th October 2005, 15:11   #179
Team-BHP Support

These are the only two pictures i have of the meet.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 27th October 2005 at 15:12.
Old 27th October 2005, 16:06   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson

These are the only two pictures i have of the meet.

manson.
Boy manson those seem to be the best pictures of meet.

Last edited by Dippy : 27th October 2005 at 16:08.

Most Viewed