Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2005, 23:27   #106
Team-BHP Support

the drive was awesome, i think marginally more interesting for me then looking at the most of the cars at land s end which i think most of us had already seen. a major put-off was the absence of the much speculated ferraris and murcielago.

manson.
Old 24th October 2005, 00:13   #107
BHPian

Frankly Guys, i think the event was nothing more than another 'Page 3' - do! regular Page 3 Celebs, some in cars given to them by new brands in India and one even in a hired taxi!!!!

Flagging off was what all the celebs wanted to do. Not one, not a single one of those celebs bothered talking to or even holding the kids close for whom the event was held yeah just than the one press shot that was taken at the beginning, were the kids called on teh dias. All the kids got to do is flag off the very last car with Mr.Suneil Shetty in a car by his sponsors, rest of the time the kids were just behind the scenes.

The car turnout was a big dissappointment.

Forget seeing 'supercars' like the Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati (dunno which one they planned to get) & Aston Martin (again i dont know which one they meant), participants even never understood the 3-litre car and above criteria and turned up with cars with sub-3 litre engines!!! Other than the 2 Carerra S that turned up and the newly launched Bentley Flying Spur, no other car does even need to be talked of.

It was a pretty bad experience for teh Hotel guests too as i saw it. The organisers had managed to blocked entry to alll 'other' guest cars to come to the entrance to pick up guests too. All that they ended up was with afew pushes and nudges from the event security, keeping them away from the entrance.

EDIT : Also got to know at the end of all the flagging off that the organisers had even done away with the TSD format for the 'Rally' and now all that it was is a mad dash to Pune for the faster cars and back!

Mr. Narain Karthikeyan too disappeared after flagging off about 10 or so cars in the beginning and he was soon folowed by Mr. Gautam Singhania who was properly dressed for a Sunday morning power breakfast. Mr. Biachung Bhutia never managed to grab much attention as he followed Narain .... hehe one person close to me even said, 'Hey look that Takuma Sato i think behind Narain' .....

Its was an event held for a good cause, for charity, for raising funds for kids but as i see it it turned out to be a Sunday Morning 'Quick' Drive for some celebs.

Last edited by SPEED_DEMON82 : 24th October 2005 at 00:25.
Old 24th October 2005, 00:53   #108
BHPian

messed up with planning but yet it was a good rally today -
and we ( me, adya, redarrow ) were right in not coming to lonavla for lunch- guys all following pics are taken at Baner intersection at around 4.30 - 5.00 after the cars headed back to mumbai --- ( thanks EDMUND - if you wouldn't have called... cant imagine what we woulda missed ) -

so here are the pics from pune side -

could not miss the odd one out -- after TOP-GEAR featured this on their OCT issue

this SLK 230 was not part of the rally - spotted it by luck while waiting for the cars...

PS - checkout the lady in this yellow merc - she's sleeping !!!! these ladies i say....

PS2 : redarrow - where are your pics dud - you got some good shots man

EDIT :
1. Sorry for long post - too many pics
2. i agree with Speed-demon - until we know how much funds were generated from the event - and how much of that went to the children/organisation

Last edited by hkanitkar : 24th October 2005 at 00:58.
Old 24th October 2005, 01:19   #109
Senior - BHPian

thank hkanitkar for the photos

Quote:
2. i agree with Speed-demon - until we know how much funds were generated from the event - and how much of that went to the children/organisation
I am still trying to figure out the connection between driving cars on expressway & charity

I must add that almost all participents were very friendly & made friendly guestures while passing
Old 24th October 2005, 05:34   #110
Team-BHP Support

Hey hkanitkar... great shots...

Spotted the Bentley at InOX. Awesome car.

The Bentley with a Delhi Temp registration should not be driven outside Delhi octroi limits with that registration plate legally.
Old 24th October 2005, 08:20   #111
Distinguished - BHPian

WoW .. i had myself for not being in bombay for this one.... All the best machine in town gathered together!! Let us in on some road rage stories or races that took place between some of the cars? Who one? lost? Spill out the gossip! haha
Old 24th October 2005, 08:50   #112
Team-BHP Support

Those are not SLK 500's - silver one is an SL 500 with an SLK nose cone grafted on. The black one is an SLK350
Old 24th October 2005, 09:16   #113
BHPian

Hey this is for all u guys went to lonawala ,,,

Any pics and report of the MEET up Ova there ,,,

Still Waiting.
Old 24th October 2005, 12:06   #114
BHPian

Silver one is not an an SLK Nose cone but tried to replicate a SLR. Also Mr. Suneil Shetty's car has been confiscated by the Customs.

Last edited by Mumbaiya : 24th October 2005 at 12:07.
Old 24th October 2005, 12:22   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiya
Also Mr. Suneil Shetty's car has been confiscated by the Customs.

the hummer?

manson.
Old 24th October 2005, 12:29   #116
BANNED

Also Mr. Suneil Shetty's car has been confiscated by the Customs.[/quote]

Hey Mumbaiya,

Whoever told you that. His car is very much parked below his house as of Saturday with a broken windscreen which is why he did not bring it.

Viper
Old 24th October 2005, 12:30   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaiya
<snip snip>............. Mr. Suneil Shetty's car has been confiscated by the Customs.

hehehehehe

Too bad. I got to know that his son pressed him at buying a Hummer. I'm sure he'll pay the dues and get the H2 back.
Old 24th October 2005, 13:20   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEED_DEMON82
Frankly Guys, i think the event was nothing more than another 'Page 3' - do! regular Page 3 Celebs, some in cars given to them by new brands in India and one even in a hired taxi!!!!

Flagging off was what all the celebs wanted to do. Not one, not a single one of those celebs bothered talking to or even holding the kids close for whom the event was held yeah just than the one press shot that was taken at the beginning, were the kids called on teh dias. All the kids got to do is flag off the very last car with Mr.Suneil Shetty in a car by his sponsors, rest of the time the kids were just behind the scenes.

The car turnout was a big dissappointment.

Forget seeing 'supercars' like the Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati (dunno which one they planned to get) & Aston Martin (again i dont know which one they meant), participants even never understood the 3-litre car and above criteria and turned up with cars with sub-3 litre engines!!! Other than the 2 Carerra S that turned up and the newly launched Bentley Flying Spur, no other car does even need to be talked of.

It was a pretty bad experience for teh Hotel guests too as i saw it. The organisers had managed to blocked entry to alll 'other' guest cars to come to the entrance to pick up guests too. All that they ended up was with afew pushes and nudges from the event security, keeping them away from the entrance.

EDIT : Also got to know at the end of all the flagging off that the organisers had even done away with the TSD format for the 'Rally' and now all that it was is a mad dash to Pune for the faster cars and back!

Mr. Narain Karthikeyan too disappeared after flagging off about 10 or so cars in the beginning and he was soon folowed by Mr. Gautam Singhania who was properly dressed for a Sunday morning power breakfast. Mr. Biachung Bhutia never managed to grab much attention as he followed Narain .... hehe one person close to me even said, 'Hey look that Takuma Sato i think behind Narain' .....

Its was an event held for a good cause, for charity, for raising funds for kids but as i see it it turned out to be a Sunday Morning 'Quick' Drive for some celebs.
I couldn't agree more. Aston, Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, Pagani, etc. make supercars. Mercedes, BMW and so on are just not in that list. All these tuned and charged versions of Mercedes and BMW saloons may be fast, but they just won't excite me like a Ferrari, Aston, Porsche or Lambo would. Even something cheap like a TVR, Corvette or Noble would do. I wanted to see something that is rare. Range Rover, Land Cruiser, Hummer, etc. are SUVs and not supercars. Even the Audi TT is just a fast coupe, not a supercar.
Another thing I fail to understand is, why do film stars need to be involved in every possible event in our country? So all in all, a pretty disappointing event.

However, all was not lost. We had a wonderful meet at Sunny's Dhaba, near Lonavla. The turnout was awesome.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th October 2005 at 15:03.
Old 24th October 2005, 14:34   #119
Team-BHP Support

spot on aditya . . . hey whose got the pics of the drive?

manson.
Old 24th October 2005, 15:41   #120
Senior - BHPian

Meet Report : Team BHP Drive and Moto Extreme

Members for the drive:

GTO, Rtech, Rudra, Aditya, Dippy, Kartik, nitroxx, manson, F50, drifter, kooldude, Ford Rocam, Viper, Kunal(GTOs bro), NC, Stratos and his 2 friends, Dheeraj, Neeraj, Suraj (dont rem their nicks)

Members at the flag off point : (did not join us for the drive)

V12, Gordon, bhp, comfortably whacky, sinner, rareone

Cars :

Mercedes C220, Accent CRDi, Honda City 15, Honda City 1.3, Skoda Octy Tdi, Hyundai Terracan CRDi, Tata Indigo

The "Moto Extreme " event as so it was called took place on the 23rd of October 2005. Though the event was called Extreme, the actual thing was no where near that word. It was pulicized to be a one of its kind TSD rally for Supercars to be driven by Bollywood celebs and other Page 3 personalities. There were a set of rules laid down but by the start of the rally, all the rules went for a toss. Apparently, the Team BHP gang from Mumbai decided to have a drive on the same day and it turned out to be more exciting than the Moto Extreme.

All the BHPians assembled at the flag off venue Taj Land's End at Bandra to catch a glimpse of the cars turning up. But as the cars pulled in one by one the excitement levels among us were going down. There wasnt really any special car that we hadn't seen on any other weekend around town. Some of the cars which turned up were the Hummer H2, a Cayenne Turbo, 2 911 Carreras, a 05 Boxter S, a Bentley Flying Spur, an Impreza (owned by our member Scooby05), a Land Cruiser (owned by xtreme power), a host of Mercedes Benz cars including a CLS, an SLK, an SL500 trying to be an SLR and the usual C, E and S Classes. Also presesnt were a Range Rover, an X5 and a 7 series, the Audi TT and A6 . The confirmation of a Lambo taking part was nothing but a hoax and Shetty's Hummer was absent as well. But the highlight of the car line up was...the San Storm. The filmi personalities came in and after a driver briefing the raly was finally flagged off after 11 AM.

The Mumbai gang had initially planned to follow the cars to Pune but we then then decided that it wasnt worth it so we headed towards Lonavla and informed the Pune guys that we will meet them there. We started off in six cars and blasted towards Lonavla taking the Expressway unlike the old road we took last time. En route we stopped after the toll booth to capture some cars on camera as they went by. We reached Lonavla late afternoon and everyone was hungry. Due to confusion we couldnt meet up with the Pune members who ended up stading at the end of the Expressway. Lunch followed at Sunny's Dhaba and we spent a good two hours feasting on some delicious food along with drinks. Post lunch we had a small photo session with the gang and the cars. Rudra Sir was at work with his awesome camera.

Blasted back to Mumbai after the photo session and we reached back to Land's End by 6 PM. Every one dispersed after that but I had to stay back to attend the post rally party. The party was nothing but a typical Page 3 party . I expected beter machinery to turn up for the party atleast but again I was disappointed . Infact it was the other way around. Most of the cars which turned up the morning were not to be seen in the evening. The presenttaion of prizes took place and in first place was.... The San Storm. I got pretty bored at the party but I had Revvmaster for company. Finally after a lot of boredom I left for home after midnight.

The rally was a no show but the TB drive was awesome. There was a large turnout which made it merrier. Pictures taken from mine , NCs and Rudra's camera and I have some pictures from the post race party.

Pictures will be posted soon

Until the next TB drive its tata for now

Last edited by Dippy : 24th October 2005 at 17:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks