Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2005, 02:23   #46
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)
safari dicor vs vtec vs 1.6 gtx vs baleno = ROAD RAGE...

hhhmmm...i really feel sorry for all those guys who couldnt turn up for the meet today..well though the dinner was cancelled we still met for icecream at lakeview..

first to arrive at the scene were myself and vulken auto..after waiting and waiting and finishing a round of coffee then arrive our guests steeroid and nitinbhag and xtreme_nos..then we head to lakeview to have some hot chocolate and yet no sign of one mr.v1p3r..wonder whose keeping him late !!!then to arrive were the wolf and his better half oooppss now did i mention better half..im sorry guys he was along with his friend fahad,its so that the both are always together so got a bit carried away with that better half and stuff..then our oldies, no no rudra and psycho(if u can call him one) were not in the scene..i was referring to steeroid and nithin there..these guys say lets go out on a spin or a long drive in the true sence in the thunderous,trechorous rain i must add..so fine say all and yet no sign of v1p3r..so after waiting and waiting and umpty number of calls and sms' finally we spot the blue baleno..so all the cars read dicor,vtec,gtx and the baleno head thru airport road towards marathalli..

leading the way were the baleno and the vtec and far behind seeing them dissappear in the far horizon were the dicor and the gtx..they were so far ahead that we guys had to call up and ask them to hold on..so next pitstop is leela palace..and our very own v1p3r takes the literal meaning of pit stop and heads into leela palace..haha lol we would have to sell of one of our cars to get into leela,no idea what was going thru the baleno boys head though..then after noticing that all were wondering why these 4 cars were here at this odd hours i get a call from the old man steering the dicor to get out asap..as we leave, a beautiful sight beholds vulken auto who makes me look ahead in the direction of where he is looking rather than letting me concentrate on the road ahead ..that was some serious MISSbehaviour(now now for all those filthy minds this was a scene were atleast a 100 chicks were trying to snig it into a NHC) we got to see there aint it vulken...wonder what kept the baleno boy from looking in that direction was it bcoz of the company that he had ..wonder wonder..and pretty amazed that the guys in the vtec missed it too...wont say the same about the oldies bcoz they got their homes to get to..

ok ok now that we our back on the road and seeing how the young guns seemed to be straying away in all directions our babysitter for the night (read steeroid) decided to lead the way so that the others can follow his footsteps..hardly did he realise that we were all on a non all terrain,non turboed monsters unlike the dicor that he was stepping on..forget leading the way we couldnt even see where the hell the monster was!!! blame it due his sanity ya the low visibilty due to rain...the pick is all yours..

then as the cars kept switching positions to keep up with the monster we finally realise that we had already driven nearly 20kms and that it was about time the baleno needed a refill..so we all stopped at the petrol pump and had a hearty laugh and chat and then all scooted their own ways and went back home with a hope and a word that all would certainly meet again for lunch tomorrow at bhagini..so with that ends the story of the short meet we had today and im singning off hoping that more would join in for the lunch tomorrow..so see ya guys...

PS: btw did i mention the palio 1.6 gtx that i was driving was the JBL demo car.. yup i mean the eyeballer !!!!! whew must have forgotten among all the excitement to mention about it..thanks sam...was absolute fun driving that baby around...
Old 23rd October 2005, 02:24   #47
BHPian

sorry, could't make it today ... what's the plan for tomorrow (sunday)?

please donot watch "into the blue" ... waste of time and money.
Old 23rd October 2005, 02:30   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_crazy
sorry, could't make it today ... what's the plan for tomorrow (sunday)?

please donot watch "into the blue" ... waste of time and money.
abey bola na picture chod ke aaja..ja lol ja aur picture dekh..u so do deserve it..missed the entire fun u..
Old 23rd October 2005, 02:36   #49
BHPian

abe, subah hi tickets book kar liya ... 300 rupees waste thodi na karunga... kal ka plan to bol
and btw, ppl should avoid taking the krishnagiri road at 4 pm ... heh ... it was as bad as driving on the city roads with the traffic, bikes, autos, animals(!) ... took us 2.5 hrs to come back to the city.
Old 23rd October 2005, 02:44   #50
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan_crazy
abe, subah hi tickets book kar liya ... 300 rupees waste thodi na karunga... kal ka plan to bol
and btw, ppl should avoid taking the krishnagiri road at 4 pm ... heh ... it was as bad as driving on the city roads with the traffic, bikes, autos, animals(!) ... took us 2.5 hrs to come back to the city.
arrey lol pehla u say dont watch the movie waste of money and time then u say 300 rupees thodi na waste karunga..abey humko kya samjha hey bevde???when its a waste of money u could have left and come na(now i can see satan cursing me under his breath)btw meet is for lunch at bhagini at 1..phir dont tell sorry for being late..caught traffic,bikes,autos and animals on the way..so took 2.5 hrs ...instead bring them along too..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 23rd October 2005 at 02:45.
Old 23rd October 2005, 10:23   #51
Senior - BHPian

Lunch today at Bhagini...everybody come along!

Samurai...where art thou?
Old 23rd October 2005, 10:54   #52
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r
Lunch today at Bhagini...everybody come along!

Samurai...where art thou?
I was mostly free today, I just had to pickup my visiting parents from my brother's place and be done with that. At around 9AM my wife had an idea (thanks to newspaper AD). She called my mom and suggested all womenfolks to visit the Jewellary festival at Kantirava. Since I had no other plans, I had to rubber stamp that. Then I got the call from v1p3r...
Old 23rd October 2005, 11:08   #53
BANNED

ok guys so lunch at bhagini by 1:30..hope to see u all soon..
Old 23rd October 2005, 13:11   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
..then our oldies, no no rudra and psycho(if u can call him one) were not in the scene..i was referring to steeroid and nithin there..
*COUGH* *COUGH* after seeing you McLaren, I do feel quite ancient...

Quote:
..that was some serious MISSbehaviour(now now for all those filthy minds this was a scene were atleast a 100 chicks were trying to snig it into a NHC) we got to see there aint it vulken...wonder what kept the baleno boy from looking in that direction was it bcoz of the company that he had ..wonder wonder..and pretty amazed that the guys in the vtec missed it too...wont say the same about the oldies bcoz they got their homes to get to..
Dont write the oldies off yet...we COULDNT look at what was in the NHC simply because we were too high up. All we could see was the roof of the car.

Quote:
ok ok now that we our back on the road and seeing how the young guns seemed to be straying away in all directions our babysitter for the night (read steeroid) decided to lead the way so that the others can follow his footsteps..hardly did he realise that we were all on a non all terrain,non turboed monsters unlike the dicor that he was stepping on..forget leading the way we couldnt even see where the hell the monster was!!! blame it due his sanity ya the low visibilty due to rain...the pick is all yours..
A small clarification is required - as we all turned into the Ring Road at Marathahalli, Nitin and I decided to stay back and watch the boys have fun from our vantage point high up in the Safari. There wasnt much happening, which is why we decided that the boyz needed some proddin...so we broke through the Palio-Baleno-Vtec cordon to try and get your lazy asses moving...as it turned out it didnt work and we got to watch the action on the rear view and not through the windscreen as we expected. C'mon guys you had some serious machinary in hand!

BTW Nitin is apparantly one very happy person after that ride and is looking forward to his gold-dust Dicor thats due next week.

Last edited by Steeroid : 23rd October 2005 at 13:15.
Old 23rd October 2005, 13:17   #55
BANNED

ok guys just a small change in plan..the meet is at bhagini not near the ring road at marathailli but at another restaraunt called bhagini near banaswadi ring road..all those who do not know the way can get in tough with v1p3r or wolf...i repeat the venue is changed to banaswadi ring road bhagini..
Old 23rd October 2005, 13:19   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
ok guys just a small change in plan..the meet is at bhagini not near the ring road at marathailli but at another restaraunt called bhagini near banaswadi ring road..all those who do not know the way can get in tough with v1p3r or wolf...i repeat the venue is changed to banaswadi ring road bhagini..
A little too late to change plans, dont you think?

If anyone;s driving via MG Road please drop in at Museum Inn - I dont know this restaurant.
Old 23rd October 2005, 13:24   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
A little too late to change plans, dont you think?

If anyones driving via MG Road please drop in at Museum Inn - I dont know this restaurant.
hey steeroid sorry about that last minute change in plan..but we have another surprise in store for u all..so this place has been decided because of the convinience for all..u can get in touch with me on 08020111087 as my cells down and out..waiting for ur call..
Old 23rd October 2005, 15:37   #58
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
...then our oldies, no no rudra and psycho(if u can call him one) were not in the scene.....
dont remind me. one chance i get to meet Rudra in Mumbai and I am with my inlaws at the other end of town (versova). since my mom in law had cooked for me i could not ditch her esp during diwali. Rudra ofcourse was very understanding.

Sam and GTO I think got to meet him though.
Old 23rd October 2005, 22:24   #59
Senior - BHPian

Will one of you lil boyz please post the pics you took today?
Old 24th October 2005, 20:08   #60
Senior - BHPian

Meet report (under the threat of death)

Venue: Bhagini, Banaswadi Ring Road
Date: Sunday, 23rd October

So I arrive at Bhagini to find Psycho, his equally psychotic ( ) mechanic friend Vasu, and another friend Hari. With them is Sandeep, Anush's friend. Out driving Sandeep's car are Amitoj and Anush...

Sandeep's 1.0 l Zen

So yours truly waits for Amitoj and Anush to return, bearing looks of shock and awe. You see, the Zen is one of Psycho's 'creations'...
When our intrepid explorers return, their smiles threaten to split their faces...Amitoj thinking "Mera number kab aayega?"

Next up is me! I take the keys, since Sandeep would rather have someone who drives quick give him a demo. We set off and I stick to my 6000-7000 rpm shifts...the 100 mark is breached in no time...140 on the clock and the car is rock steady and still accelerating...and by accelerating I mean PULLING!!! Braking, a normal Zen flaw, is nigh flawless. Stops confidently, and progression and retardation are excellent. Obviously, he is not well acquainted with Psycho's work...

After that we sit down, both of us with wide grins...to be told that the car is running a mileage setup, and will have about 15-20% more power for a drag scenario...ok then!!!

Soon arriving are Wolf, Mclaren, Steeroid, Vulken Auto (am I missing someone here?), and most importantly, LUNCH!!!

After a long and filling lunch, we get out and Steeroid takes me and Sandeep for a spin in the imposing DICOR. I have always been a Safari fan, and the new one is spot on. True, plastics have a way to go, and anything not made by Tata is not too trustworthy, but I LIKE!!! And acceleration is pretty decent, plus there's nothing to beat the 'Rishtey-mein-hum-tumhare-baap-lagtey-hain' driving position!!!

We then headed to Vasu's garage, which was actually shut! We lounge around outside, and sure enough, a crowd build around the eyeballer! Psycho then demos the car for the amazed onlookers, while Mclaren goes on his 'it's-not-a-turbine-in-the-back' spiel.

Exit, stage left. I leave with Mclaren and the eyeballer, one beady eye affixed to the fuel gauge, which drops if you look at the loud pedal. Wolf and Vulken leave together, Steeroid having made his way off at Bhagini with Amitoj. Anush and Sandeep leave, satisfied in their quest for performance.

PICS: Can't find my USB cable, so Vulken, please post!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks