Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2010, 16:47   #31
BHPian

Why are my posts taking soo long to get approved? Mods, please.
Old 24th May 2010, 16:49   #32
BHPian

I am in, though prefer jog & gokarna this time.
Old 24th May 2010, 16:53   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Ok so, let DD plan for Mahabalipuram, and guys who want to have a go to Gokarna, continue discussion in this thread. As for Gokarna I have been to that place twice, and Inder also got good links so will check on the staying parts and let all know.

DD - start a new one with date, as this seem to be within June.

@Alter - I checked with 2-3 maping websites, the distance is within 566 to 578 km from Electronic City, though I don't stay there any more but still carrying the habit
I just found out that I am without job for 4 days in the first week of june.
that means I have a off on monday and tuesday too

Avijit,

Lets go Go Go-karna if you are still interested during this next to next weekend
Old 24th May 2010, 18:07   #34
Senior - BHPian

I am ready for Gokarna guys. Have been planning it for quite some time, but everytime ended up making trips to other places, Yercaud (terrible), some other short trips, Shivanasamudra Falls (hope the spelling is correct) and so on.

But for Gokarna, I am definitely game for it. We should look at leaving at night (10:00 ish) and try to reach there by morning. I have taken the detailed maps also sometime back to Gokarna and also plotted the co-ordinates in my GPS. SO all set
Old 24th May 2010, 18:40   #35
BHPian

gokarna in May/June will be terribly hot if you guys really wish to spend time at 34+ degrees (just came back from there it was 41 degrees last week) phew!! prefer a cooler place though like kodai, wayanad, etc my two cents

Last edited by raj.barcode : 24th May 2010 at 18:45.
Old 24th May 2010, 19:32   #36
Senior - BHPian

Good discussion going on, I cant join, sorry about it because already 2-3 trips lined up! Gokarna will be bit hot in summer and untill june end. But it won't be cool after that. So going to beach don't check/think about heat/rain etc.. My experience is visiting beach is different experience in different season.

Bangalore (from Vijayanagar) to Gokarna is 500km via Shimoga or even from via Chitradurga - Haveri - Sirsi. This time assume road will be in good condition (expect max. 20km bad roads in any route) even in rainy season. So to Gokarna don't worry about roads. Already 2-3 times it rained heavily that area so forest is green by now! So If you visit in June also expect scenic drive.

Mansoon is expcted to reach Gokarna by 1st week of June in most of the years! Whne it enters expect heavy storms/power cut/slightly road block etc. But don't worry there won't be much trouble in Gokarna area. If you get struck in Jog-honnavara road take Devimane ghat road or I can find out alternate routes If needed.

Regards,

Ravi.
Old 24th May 2010, 20:26   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode View Post
gokarna in May/June will be terribly hot if you guys really wish to spend time at 34+ degrees (just came back from there it was 41 degrees last week) phew!! prefer a cooler place though like kodai, wayanad, etc my two cents
I Prefer the Gokarna drive, atleast 60-70% of the roads are surrounded by green. With Mahabalipuram I am just suspecting high temperatures, higher than that of Gokarana.

I guess our unofficial weather man Ravibhat can throw some light.

I would say drive off on June 11 by noon some 2ish and reah Gokarana. and while back we can cover the other places as suggested earlier.
Old 24th May 2010, 22:56   #38
BHPian

count me in guys..... although I prefer gokarna
Old 25th May 2010, 00:30   #39
BHPian

Lets GO-KARNA guys..Will share the details plan tomorrow, thanks Ravi for the update. I am also aware of some alternet routes to Gokarna from Jog falls, but don't think our luck will be that bad Guys belive me the route from Shimoga till Honnavar is one of the most scenic route in Karnataka and NH 206 really rocks though its not a 4 lane kind of road. Will post some snaps of my last trip to Jog, tomorrow, Good Night.
Old 25th May 2010, 00:31   #40
BHPian

Lets GO-KARNA guys..Will share the detail plan tomorrow, thanks Ravi for the update. I am also aware of some alternet routes to Gokarna from Jog falls, but don't think our luck will be that bad Guys belive me the route from Shimoga till Honnavar is one of the most scenic route in Karnataka and NH 206 really rocks though its not a 4 lane kind of road. Will post some snaps of my last trip to Jog, tomorrow, Good Night.
Old 25th May 2010, 07:16   #41
BHPian

Hi Asdon please confirm the dates. So i can decide, i have some work in the 3rd week of june.If its before that i am in.
Old 25th May 2010, 08:21   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky080 View Post
Hi Asdon please confirm the dates. So i can decide, i have some work in the 3rd week of june.If its before that i am in.
It will be on 1st or 2nd weekend of June.

Mods, please delete post no 39

Last edited by asdon : 25th May 2010 at 08:24.
Old 25th May 2010, 08:37   #43
BHPian

Looks like we may have to go in for a poll.
First preference is Gokarana for me.

OT: Asdon's signature has changed, have the tires been changed?
Old 25th May 2010, 09:23   #44
BHPian

The Plan

Guys, I assumed Gokarna is the most preferred choice so made a plan accordingly. Give your inputs to this.

Bangalore - Tumkur 90 km - 2.5 hr
Tumkur - Arsikere 98 km - 1.5 hr
Arsikere - Shimoga - 110 km 2 hr
Shimoga - Sagar - 72 km - 1 hr
Sagar - Jog Falls - 30 km - 0.5 hr
Jog Falls - Gokarna - 113 km 2 hr

Start from Bangalore at 9pm and reach Tumkur by 11:30pm, keeping 2.5 hr due to the traffic on NH4. One roll call after we hit NH 206.
Then the road is yours, drive fast but be safe, its night. Will reach Shimoga, don't enter, there is a road goes to left just before crossing the river before the road which goes inside Shimoga , our next meeting point, we hope to reach there by 3am. Break any one? Lets start by 3:30am, we will reach Jog falls at 5am, stop over for an hour, by 6am start from Jog, then the ghat road starts, we should reach Gokarna by 8am. Thats the plan to reach the beach by Sat day morning. Lets see how many agrees to this one, by this, we don't need to take leave for a day.

Its not always about high speed 4 lane drive, but to enjoy the natural beauty of Western Ghats too.

@Deepak - not yet, but did change the door and some other dents, want to go for a tyre upgrade and Alloy, so looking for some more Lakshmi to come

Last edited by asdon : 25th May 2010 at 09:24.
Old 25th May 2010, 09:39   #45
BHPian

@asdon, how about little deviation and cover Murdeshwar. Murdeshwar to Gokarna is 70kms on sea shore side. Check the photos below,
The World's Best Photos of murudeshwar - Flickr Hive Mind

Do these inspire our own photographers?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks