Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2010, 18:39   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
Hi Asdon,

Your plan looks allright , but I am afraid its a very tight one.

I was there on the same stretch 3 weeks before and you take a minimum of 3.5 ~ 4 hours from Gokarna to Jog falls even though its only about 120 KMS. I started at about 1230 Hours from Gokarna and was able to reach Jog only about 1630 hours ( 2 stops of 10 minutes in between ) because of the Ghats. There were a few clouds at that time of the hour on the way. The road from Kumta to Gokarna was dug up at several places and not really motorable at the speeds mentioned by you.

Instead Murudeshwar would be a better bet where you could enjoy the beaches and the fantastic temple veiws. The beach at Gokarna is very steep at places and pretty dangerous.

A 3 day trip would be required to cover the schedule as mentioned by you comfortably and you would enjoy it better , I mean enjoy your drive better !!

BTW, my ride was on my GETZ CRDI..
Hmm, but I also did Gokarna, and was able to do it in 1 hr 40 min, anyways it does not matter much as we are reaching as per plan at 8am, so will not make any difference if its 9, we can enjoy the western ghats on the way.

@Shiva - The initail plan was for 2 nights but due to some contraints, doing it during weekends, but if you want a part can start on friday morning, DD is looking for a partner for Friday morning start, as he wants to avoid night drive.
Old 25th May 2010, 19:20   #62
BHPian

Count me in as well. Gokarna's always been a place i've wanted to visit but somehow its never materialised.
BTW guys, the footie action starts on June 11th. Difficult to choose between one of them!
Old 25th May 2010, 19:25   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhrozenFire View Post
Count me in as well. Gokarna's always been a place i've wanted to visit but somehow its never materialised.
BTW guys, the footie action starts on June 11th. Difficult to choose between one of them!
That will go for 45 days, choose this one, any ways you will get updates.
So the List as of now
Deepak
Inder
Avijit
Brandon
brraj
Chikku
Rocky
MCR
PhrozenFire

@raj.barcode - yes I know Raj, but the spirit of the meet is so high that who cares about rest, remember, before the Nagarahole trip you told, you need to take rest till 5 after the drive from Bangalore, but you were on the Jungle road just after Lunch

Last edited by asdon : 25th May 2010 at 19:29.
Old 25th May 2010, 19:25   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Guys, I assumed Gokarna is the most preferred choice so made a plan accordingly. Give your inputs to this.

Bangalore - Tumkur 90 km - 2.5 hr
Tumkur - Arsikere 98 km - 1.5 hr
Arsikere - Shimoga - 110 km 2 hr
Shimoga - Sagar - 72 km - 1 hr
Sagar - Jog Falls - 30 km - 0.5 hr
Jog Falls - Gokarna - 113 km 2 hr
If the total journey is about 9.5 hours of night driving and reaching there in the morning; all rest included will be afternoon not much can be seen in murdeswar,one needs at least 2 days of full time to see murdeswar and also water at jog falls at the time will be very less if i am not wrong.

if you guys are going for 3 days then it would have been better.
Old 25th May 2010, 21:41   #65
BHPian

Would miss it again

Guys,

I would have loved to join; but if you have finalized on 11th June weekend; looks difficult for me. I have guests at home and I will be out on another trip on the same dates. (June end or July would have worked for me).

I will miss one more team-bhp meet!

Anyways, Wish you all the best & lot of fun !
Old 26th May 2010, 09:45   #66
BHPian

Quote:

@raj.barcode - yes I know Raj, but the spirit of the meet is so high that who cares about rest,
Thats right buddy great spirit going there
Old 26th May 2010, 10:00   #67
Senior - BHPian

So Asdon and all the other Bhpians, 11th June it is!!

Guys, IMO what really matters is all of us getting to meet eachother and enjoy one of the most memorable drives together.
Place comes close second as it would most likely matter to our better half's or GF's!!
Old 26th May 2010, 10:09   #68
BHPian

so is the date June 11th final ??

I am back to blr on june 6th, and if i make it, this will be my first tbhp meet

i am pretty excited about it and would like to know if there is anything to be taken care of if i make it to the trip.. as in, any rules to follow
Old 26th May 2010, 10:28   #69
BHPian

Guys, count me in as tentative. Very excited to be on this trip, but currently working in chennai, and if we are returning late sunday night, driving back to chennai after that seems very taxing.

Another factor is me coming to bangalore first ! :(
Old 26th May 2010, 10:32   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
i am pretty excited about it and would like to know if there is anything to be taken care of if i make it to the trip.. as in, any rules to follow
Sirji there is no rule as such, as it will be an overnight trip, so come prepared, have a good sleep before start up as it will be a all night drive, roads are pretty simple but if you feel you can get lost, there will be a convoy of few cars, going at arround 80kmph, so tag along, and as you have already confirmed for the trip, we will let you know about the expenses for accomodation, not sure if food will be included or not, but you will get the info on 6th, as on 5th we are all meeting to decide the final plan.
Old 26th May 2010, 11:32   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kri$hna View Post
would like to know if there is anything to be taken care of if i make it to the trip.. as in, any rules to follow
Krishna,
When you arrive at the meeting spot before the drive , go to Avijit and bend down and do the "Jahapana tussi great ho" salute(the 3 idiots one) to honour the trip-in-charge.
Avijit is very particular that the first timers to the trip do that.

Alright before you really take it seriously,I was just kidding

Quote:
Sirji there is no rule as such, as it will be an overnight trip
Come on Avijit.Don't be so Humble.

By the way what time and where is the mini meet to discuss the trip.
Old 26th May 2010, 15:31   #72
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Sirji there is no rule as such, as it will be an overnight trip, so come prepared, have a good sleep before start up as it will be a all night drive, roads are pretty simple but if you feel you can get lost, there will be a convoy of few cars, going at arround 80kmph, so tag along, and as you have already confirmed for the trip, we will let you know about the expenses for accomodation, not sure if food will be included or not, but you will get the info on 6th, as on 5th we are all meeting to decide the final plan.
Can you give an approximate amount/structure coz the expenses is one of the deciding factors for me this june .
I can only confirm after that.
If you can't give it before 6th, then count me in tentatively.
Old 26th May 2010, 17:00   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Can you give an approximate amount/structure coz the expenses is one of the deciding factors for me this june .
I can only confirm after that.
If you can't give it before 6th, then count me in tentatively.
The total Trip will be 1200km, so according to your car's milage calculate the fuel consumption, keep 1000 bucks for food+(I am taking it on higher side), another 1000 for accomodation(this is approx, original will be on the lower side). I hope you can figure out now

Last edited by asdon : 26th May 2010 at 17:03.
Old 26th May 2010, 17:43   #74
BHPian

asdon, which place are you planning to book for stay in Gokarna ?

As far as my limited knowledge there is a landmark hotel and few resorts around..like Om beach resort, then few huts around like namaste cafe, Hotel Gokarna International .

is it Kudle beach or the Om Beach ?
Old 26th May 2010, 18:03   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s3va View Post
asdon, which place are you planning to book for stay in Gokarna ?

As far as my limited knowledge there is a landmark hotel and few resorts around..like Om beach resort, then few huts around like namaste cafe, Hotel Gokarna International .

is it Kudle beach or the Om Beach ?
Inder is taking care of that, he has a friend in Sirsi, will get an update in couple of days.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks