Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2010, 12:12   #16
BHPian

One mans GULAB JAMUN is another mans Lyangha!!!

Hi Guys,

I have been planning a trip to Panagarh to source parts for my recently acquired RCL Jonga from Panagarh.

Can someone please help me with the details of the meeting point in Kolkata and contact info? I will be in and out of Kolkata the same day (I live in Bombay).

It would be great to meet up with you guys. I'm 99% in!

Regards,
Prasad Iyer
Old 14th July 2010, 14:31   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo View Post
Brilliant. You should come. Your new new civic will get to stretch her legs
Just did so this weekend. Round trip to Asansol

They had repaired the Panagarh stretch but it's showing signs of breaking up again. Looks like it wont last this monsoon.

Other than that slow moving trucks are the only impediments to 'brisk' progress !
Old 15th July 2010, 12:21   #18
BHPian

Headcount as of now:

1) predatorwheelz
2) NOS Power
3) Souvik
4) Evo
5) sumit_jain_usa
6) premjit + rocket
7) octane1002 90:10
8) shuvc 50:50
8) planet_rocker 50:50
9) Saurabh M 50:50
10) R32_GTR

People going on to Panagarh post breakfast at Shaktigarh:

1) predatorwheelz
2) NOS Power
3) Souvik
4) Evo

Guys with the ratio analysis in their minds, please come. Its been a long time since all of us have met. Where are the rest of the crowd, shuvd, me_sid, xeta, 1100D, etc. and all new members. Would request participating members to pass on the message to others who haven't seen the thread yet.

Meeting point is Arsalan, Park Circus at 7:00 a.m. for south kolkata residents, whereas north Kolkata people may choose to take NH2 directly via Bally, and meet up the contingent at the juncture of NH2 and NH6.

If there is any confusion regarding meeting points or time, please PM me for south kolkata and predatorwheelz for north kolkata.

@R32_GTR, please PM predatorwheelz for info as you will probably be coming in from the North.
Old 16th July 2010, 20:51   #19
BHPian

Hi, came to know about this trip from Shuvc's thread.
I have some relatives dropping in on sunday.
So I would not be able to join.

I wish you all a nice trip and good weather. Looking forward
To the photographs and travel details.
Old 19th July 2010, 10:18   #20
BHPian

Hi guys, bad news for me. Won't be able to make it for the meet as relatives will be coming down this weekend.

Have fun guys
Old 21st July 2010, 13:00   #21
BHPian

Updated headcount:

1) predatorwheelz
2) NOS Power
3) Souvik
4) Evo
5) sumit_jain_usa
6) premjit + rocket + icy + Romit (Chatterjee family)
7) octane1002 90:10
8) shuvc 50:50
8) planet_rocker 50:50
9) Saurabh M 50:50
10) R32_GTR

1) predatorwheelz
2) NOS Power
3) Souvik
4) Evo

Guys with the ratio analysis in their minds, please come. Its been a long time since all of us have met. Where are the rest of the crowd, shuvd, me_sid, xeta, 1100D, etc. and all new members. Would request participating members to pass on the message to others who haven't seen the thread yet.

Meeting point is Arsalan, Park Circus at 7:00 a.m. for south kolkata residents, whereas north Kolkata people may choose to take NH2 directly via Bally, and meet up the contingent at the juncture of NH2 and NH6.

If there is any confusion regarding meeting points or time, please PM me for south kolkata and predatorwheelz for north kolkata.

@R32_GTR, please PM predatorwheelz for info as you will probably be coming in from the North.[/quote]
Old 21st July 2010, 13:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Still 50:50 I will be able to confirm on Saturday.

I need to tag along with someone - The front tyres are not good enough for a highway drive. Lets see.

@ Aniket - you need to send PMs to all members and direct them to this thread (use the link)

Few Active members from Kolkata - Pancham, Avishar & Shamik.Bose. @Rohin cannot post right now - membership problem - but i guess he knows about the thread already.

Take care and drive safe
Old 21st July 2010, 17:01   #23
BHPian

No Chance for me

Hi All,

No chance for me. I would have loved to come. Would be out of kolkata for about 2 months. Waiting for the pics already.

adg_andy
Old 21st July 2010, 19:28   #24
Joy
BHPian

Hi,
Got the PM. Sorry Guys, could not come this time as I've some prior engagements.

Anyways, all the best for your meet. Have a gala time. Hoping to join you guys nest time.

Please post detailed report & off course pics.
Old 21st July 2010, 21:33   #25
Senior - BHPian

Really hoped to meet all of you guys but can't make it. Got some running around to do. Have fun people. And hope you guys get some pics. There are some nice locales on the route to panagarh!
Old 21st July 2010, 21:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Thanks NOS and Aniket

I have babysitting duty on that day, but I will see if I can mix driving with that.
Old 21st July 2010, 21:59   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post

1) predatorwheelz
2) NOS Power
3) Souvik
4) Evo

@R32_GTR, please PM predatorwheelz for info as you will probably be coming in from the North.
Premjit, thank you. Noshu is currently in a "Will I, won't I?" stage. If he doesn't turn up, would be glad if you can take up the ante of coordinating the South Kolkata members.

Btw, I think R32_GTR can be included in the Panagarh list too. He wants parts specifically for his Jonga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
I need to tag along with someone - The front tyres are not good enough for a highway drive. Lets see.

@ Aniket - you need to send PMs to all members and direct them to this thread (use the link)
You know that getting a lift has never been a problem. Get your wife along too.

Noshu has already done the PMing today. God bless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
There are some nice locales on the route to panagarh!
Really? Can you tell us about some?
Old 22nd July 2010, 09:47   #28
Senior - BHPian

I am in kolkata and i would love to come.But i dont a have a car though.Will that be a problem?
Old 22nd July 2010, 10:33   #29
BHPian

Lads,

Please take tons of pics of the Panagarh army dump (can we have a better term for a figurative and literal gold mine for carheads?). I've heard a lot about this hallowed spot in India's automotive landscape.

Regards and have a safe and fun drive.
Old 22nd July 2010, 11:06   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
I am in kolkata and i would love to come.But i dont a have a car though.Will that be a problem?
Avishar, passenger seats are always available. Could you tell us where do you stay? If you are in North Kolkata then you can tag along with predatorwheelz (PM him), else if from south kolkata then PM me your number and just hop in. But mind you, my car is the slowest of the lot .

Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
Lads,

Please take tons of pics of the Panagarh army dump (can we have a better term for a figurative and literal gold mine for carheads?). I've heard a lot about this hallowed spot in India's automotive landscape.

Regards and have a safe and fun drive.
We will take a lot of pics of Panagarh. But you can look at the below thread for starters.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ve...d-kolkata.html

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks