Team-BHP > Shifting gears > The Team-BHP Meet Section

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2011, 21:22   #616
Senior - BHPian

Re: Drive and Meet: Kaas. Report and Pictures from Pg. 27

Which channel? and I am not surprised by this development. I too had read a news article in Indian Express Poona edition earlier this year that the number of visitors to Kaas had gone up exponentially and the forest department had requested the ministry of Environment to take/advise necessary steps to stop damage to the fragile ecology of the place. Another penalty to pay for being the second most populous nation or are we no 1 already.
Old 17th July 2011, 21:36   #617
BHPian

That would be TV9, was highlighting the info on 'update bar' that Kaas will be closed.

Looking it the other way around, it is good coz we have seen incredible places getting spoiled with high tourism, lack of arrangements and lack of individuals self responsibility towards nature.

Coming from Lonavala today and needless to consider it as a hill station. Other hand Matheran though small yet with regulations still feel fresh.
Old 18th July 2011, 17:31   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
On the contrary one doesn't require photo editing s/w to get different shades of the colours. It's all about exposure and exposure compensations!
Especially when there's a cloud cover, there is lot's of internal reflections as well. Here's optical filters like UV/ CPL/ Gradiated ND etc help a lot.
Especially UV cuts out a lot of UV rays and internal reflections. CPL helps in the same and pronounces the blues of the water and skies. Regarding the ND filters, just have a look at Rudra's exhibition in his leh log.

Post processing also helps.

@AnilisAnil. Good photos there.

@Khoj. Thanks for starting another meet thread. I've put my suggestion there.
Also depends on the hardware used... A different CMOS / CCD sensor will be more attuned to a particular colour..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostel View Post
@issigonis sir, this is done using photo editing software. Some of these are free for download, and allow common image manipulation operations like: auto contrast; image cropping; brightness adjustments; hue manipulation; and many more. You can google search for photo editing software, but windows itself contains basic photo editor. Some of the more powerful ones let you do a lot more manipulation of the image. So now what you dint see is what you get
Of course people like BolBolero sir get better pictures in the raw with better control on camera settings. Most point and shoot cameras have preset equalizers for different types of shooting conditions and you could experiment with these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by issigonis View Post
>>>

One thing that I am curious to learn is how do all our photography buffs here manage to capture/present slightly different shades of the colours - the blue of the waters, the green of the land and the white-blue of the sky differently, for the same place, and from the same perspective?

A case in point is BolBolero's post #519 where his three pics of the Urmodi lake have been taken from the same spot and yet the shading of the colours is subtly different. Every buff on this thread has done it. How?

Regards, drive safe
Old 20th July 2011, 08:26   #619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
Also depends on the hardware used... A different CMOS / CCD sensor will be more attuned to a particular colour..
I do completely agree with you Sg. Cmos sensors are slightly more sensitive than CCD, but the latter provide a better dynamic range and less noise. In film cameras different film brands would give different color emphasis; but in general slower films were preferred, whenever possible, for better dynamic range. Better dynamic range allows you to stretch your greys more.

Even in natural vision we say "your red is not the same as my red." This is because signals from the retinal cells undergo huge amounts of processing at many layers of 'vision' neurons before reaching the brain. However, a good digital photographer will ensure that the sensor is well exposed to afford sufficient manipulation at the post stage using software for tweaking.

Most Viewed